Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 08:20 AM   #1  

Default Rave,blow and be real women

Hi girlies,
I am ticked off this morning, nothing major but feeling miffed just the same. I believe that as women we are taught to hide our feelings, get "over" stuff and not be angry.
I'm giving a BIG yek to that. Why can't we feel what we feel when we feel it???
So, with that out of the way....I'd like to use this thread to unload..no matter how big or small....hehehehe....I'll start

I hate my d@@m computer (although I feel guilty for feeling that way as starving children in Africa don't have computers) But it is soooo slow and acts like it's got a mind of it's own.

I hate feeling powerless over my weight issue. I know I have the power to do something about it ie: exercising, good food choices, etc....but my genetics have the power over how soon my good choices take affect.

Whew...I think that's it (for now)...was just really peeved about the computer and wanted to rave.

Here's to a sunny, uncomplicated day.
blessings,
blackbird
Old 03-05-2003, 08:25 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Rave away! That's why we have this place! I'm dealing with genetics too! Great article in our paper about that and how it relates to weighloss - written by a friend of mine so I am prejudiced! I'll see if I can get a copy off the Net.
Take the risk and blossom!
Old 03-05-2003, 11:08 AM   #3  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

YES!! I have been "eating" my anger for years, and all it got me was fat and depressed!!! I am getting better at expressing my anger now, but unfortunately sometimes the wrong people get it right between the eyes. (sorry DH!!)

Genetics? DON'T GET ME STARTED!!!!!
Old 03-05-2003, 07:06 PM   #4  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I yell, a lot. Just normally it is after the situation is over and I am home alone. Or I yell at, ok not "at" but toward, people close to me, when I tell them what happened. I am still not very good at being angry.

And then there are times that yes I may be annoyed, but I feel like I need to just suck it up, and be nice.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:24 PM   #5  

I know all about "eating" the anger - and crummy genetics...my mom used to hide her M&Ms in the kitchen cupboard behind the mixing bowls and stick candy under my pillow when I took an afternoon nap - wonder why candy is the thing I can't resist (I can walk away from pie, cake, ice cream - not candy!). And on my dad's side I come from a long line of short, big boned, very overweight women (and he was very overweight when I was growing up, too - has lost a lot now). Not fair! And not fair that unless I am bone thin I have a sort of round face and fat under it...even when I weighed 127, you could easily take a photo of me with a double chin!

I can get very angry but I have a hard time letting it all out - not a big surprise eh? I think if I started yelling I might find it hard to stop! (I do actually yell on occasion and I am very loud and furious! A demon goddess, scaring the pants off the rest of the household!)

Lidian
Old 03-05-2003, 09:15 PM   #6  

Default Me too

I'm mad too. Mad because I have started a new relationship
after four years of aloneness, I can't let go of the fear
of being consumed long enough to relax and let it be. I
feel like I want too much-- too much food, too much sex,
too much air , too much space., too much freedom to be my self
and then I want to say," Well, who needs this &hi# I liked it better alone, at least I wasn't scared all the time. Ughhhhh!
Why does the "we" thing have to be so complicated.
I'm glad that I am not the only one that is "growlly"!
Thanks for listening.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:16 PM   #7  
a brave new me...

Unhappy Hum...

For many years the only thing I felt was anger. Everything came out as anger... when I was really sad I was angry. When I was really impatient it came out as anger. When I was afraid I acted angry. Tired... angry. Proud... angry. You get the picture. Looking back I now realize that I suffered from depression on and off from about age 16. It has just been over the last few years that I have been able to acknowledge my depression (major denial) and see a counselor... go on meds... talk about it. So now I work on expressing how I really feel and admitting that I don't have it all together. I've come a long way baby!
Old 03-06-2003, 02:38 PM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm the same as you, Sojo. I was ALWAYS angry in the past... it was really debilitating. Now that I'm properly (knock on wood) medicated and have seen a psychologist, I'm rarely angry or resentful anymore. It's a wonderful feeling. I KNOW how to cope with things now. Cognitive behaviour therapy is great for that.
I do recognize my anger now for what it is... and it's usually unreasonable or something that I can deal with. I have so much to be grateful for.

Ummm, I DO realize that this is a *****-session thread, girls. Don't mind me...

Ummm, what can I find to be mad about...
Well, I'm sort of mad at my sweet husband for putting the damned cat's litter box right beside my computer. But I won't have a shitfit about it like I would have done in the past. But I sure as **** ain't movin' it myself!!
Old 03-06-2003, 03:46 PM   #9  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

......or chaging it either!!! All the dust stirred up from the cat using it or someone changing it is NOT going to be good for your lungs. I know you have a wonderful DH, but he needs to move that litter box so you can get better.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:51 PM   #10  
Student of the Hoof

why not just .. move it over by HIS computer?
Old 03-06-2003, 06:06 PM   #11  

Yeah, Raven. The problem is, it's my parents cat, and DH is suffering having him here for two months!

Oh my gosh... that's right... my lungs!! I just got DD to clean it and move it upstairs to the empty apartment. You're right... my doctor said that having the cat around just exacerbates the problem. thank you for the reminder...
Old 03-06-2003, 06:36 PM   #12  

I'm insane...oh god please help....
I'm having one of those days...up,down,up,down...been feeling a little icky to the tummy as well. I offically broke up with my boyfriend...now why do I feel so sad? cause I'm nuts I tell ya! No really I realize that it's all for the best, it's just a sad situation....oh cripes! I forgot I was on the ***** thread...hmmm....well.....I'm mad that the x-files series is over....I give up (for today)
blessings and sanity,
blackbird.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:42 PM   #13  

Blackbird, you sit yourself down and do something nice for yourself. Do you ever meditate? (it's not as wacky as it sounds, I assure you!) Deep breathing... think about what a wonderful person you are... how much you've got going for you... how you made the right decision about the break-up... how much better you're going to feel for making that decision...

You hang in there, sweetie...
love and hugs...
Old 03-06-2003, 07:27 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Blackbird, stop that! You're not insane!!!! At the end of any relationship there is a grieving period... regardless of whether it's a "good" or "bad" relationship, doesn't matter. It's perfectly normal & healthy (even though it sucks, hehehe) - just give yourself time to feel it, seriously. Don't avoid it, just feel it and then you'll realize that most of the icky-ness is really just fear - and if you allow yourself to just go through it, you'll see there isn't anything to be fearful of. You'll spend waaaaay more time & energy trying to avoid your feelings and being fearful than if you just let yourself cry, get angry, yell, scream or just lay around the house & get through it.

Oh... and as long as we're *****ing... I HATE BAD DRIVERS!!!!! I'm sick of them! Sick of those jerks speeding up, cutting me off so that they can make a turn right in front of me (especially when there's NO ONE behind me and he could've just stayed back there!!) GRRR!!! If you know you have to turn in 30 seconds, you should already be in the correct freakin' lane!! Arg!

I feel better now!
Old 03-06-2003, 11:34 PM   #15  

Dear Blackbird,

Bless your heart...I remember how hard it was to give
up on a relationship and move one. Let yourself feel
what you feel. Let your friends and loved ones know
so that they can be extra gentle with you until you
get through the rough spots. Tell yourself that
you can "handle it"...you'll be surprise how a little
personal reassurace helps to let you know that
you have what it takes to make it through.
Let go of this one to make room for the real
love of your life that will love you right. You are
special...just let that sink into your psyche..
You will make it through..be gentle with yourself.
We are here for you.

Okay, I am suppose to gripe....
Why does everything that taste good have so many calories?
Why can't low fat cool whip taste as good as Ben and Jerry's?
It is just so unfair...Whine...Whine...
Closed Thread