Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 01:11 AM   #1  
a brave new me...

Unhappy Sigh...

Well, I couldn't find the "nurturing the nut thread" so I will post here. DH and I went to another ob-gyn for a follow-up on the infertility testing. He is recommending that I have a laparoscopy, which is basically exploratory to see what the problem really is. They will try and remove any scar tissue from the tubes and hopefully repair them, if possible. Right now we are just waiting for some more lab results to come back and then schedule the surgery. Not quite sure what to think of the whole thing... but at least its one positive step we can take. It has really helped to take a break over the last few months from trying to conceive, but yet I am afraid that we will never be able to have children. I have never had any surgery before, so I am a little nervous. At least its not very invasive, as they go in with very small tools and a camera through tiny incisions in my belly button. Amazing that they can do this sort of thing. Who knows... maybe it will actually work and we will be able to have children naturally like most everyone else and not have to fork over thousands of dollars for adoption or in-vitro.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:23 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Sojo, I was just going to look for the Nurturing thread, too.
I'm sure the laparoscopy won't be too difficult to get through. Just try not to stress about it, sweetie. Easier said than done, I know. I'll be thinking about you. Hugs and prayers, hon.

Could I ask for prayers/good vibes/etc for my Mom? She and Dad are still in Mexico, and she's got a really bad cough. I know it doesn't sound like much, but they're 78, and I'm quite worried about both of them. She's having difficulty getting in to see a doctor. They're coming home next week. Thanks, girls.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:37 PM   #3  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Said it before and I'll say it again.......HUGS< KISSES AND LOTS OF GOOD THOUGHTS FOR SOJO< ELLIS and ELLIS' MOM!!!!!
Old 03-04-2003, 09:21 PM   #4  

Oh, I just thanked you in the other thread, Den! Thank you sweetie!!
Old 03-05-2003, 01:32 PM   #5  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I was just being nice, emailing my step mom. Asking her a few questions and I casually mentioned I wished we had a DVD for the bedroom. No way did I want her to get me one. I was just kicking myself for not buying the one at Walmart during Thanksgiving weekend for 49$. Well, today she brings me over a DVD and the movie flashdance! Now, Grif can watch movies upstairs while I play on the computer!!! YEAH!!!!

Sojo-I wish I could lend you my body for a year so you could have a baby without all these invasive tests! I wish you didn't have to go thru this!!!

My step mom saw my paint in my living room, and said, Well, that is interesting. Dad likes it, and said, so you're gonna have a chinese room. I think it is a blend of Asian meets the 50's, but he can call it my Chinese room! My step mom only likes white walls, so I knew she wouldn't approve. My mom probably will hate it too! Owell. They don't live here! I like it. We are going to cover up the white spaces with lattice wood stained the same color as my front door. I will try to get a digital camera soon and post pictures. The wood was too expensive locally so next week we will get it while in Reno. I can wait a week, can't I??? I gotta learn patience!

What magazines do you read regularly??? I get too many to list! Cooking, decoriting, womens, puzzles, ect... But last light I got an issue of Grace. First time reading it. Not too bad, but I feel like a failure reading a magazine for bigger women, instead of becoming a normal healthy size! Although most of the women in the magazine aren't very over weight. I don't want to accept my size!!!! But it was nice not being bombarded with twig models!
Old 03-05-2003, 01:44 PM   #6  

Flower, that is just the sweetest thing to say... wishing you could loan your body to Sojo for a year.
And don't worry about what anyone else thinks of your living room. It sounds GREAT! As long as YOU love it, that's all that counts.

Magazines... Adbusters, Harper's, The New Yorker, Utne Reader, Martha Stewart. Sometimes Shape, Prevention, Real Homes.
I really like those magazines with decorating projects in them... special publications put out by... ummm... House Beautiful? Projects like "how to make a footstool out of a drawer".
Old 03-05-2003, 07:02 PM   #7  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Sojo - When do you get to find out about you tests? I really hope everything works out for you!

Flower - Your living room sounds wonderful. As long as you like it, it doesn't matter if anyone else does.

Ellis - how did that footstool turn out? You amaze me with all of these projects you want to do.

As for magazines - I normally buy First, and Woman's World for the recipies. And I actually subscribe and read Biography. Yes, I am a geek. I used to subscribe to George also, until it folded.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:48 PM   #8  

Yeah, that's what's so amazing about me Squeak... I never DO them!
Seriously, you get an old drawer, put it on castors, stick a piece of plywood on top of the drawer and cover it with a piece of foam and fabric. Pretty cool. I suppose if you weren't lazy you could even put hinges on the plywood top and use it for storage.

What's Biography? Sounds cozy...
Pretty slim pickings as far as Canadian magazines go. OH! I do get ummm, I think it's called Select Homes. Canadian decorating magazine. Mom subscribed for me. It's quite good.

When we were growing up, we always had Reader's Digest in the bathroom. Now my parents' bathroom is full of golfing magazines. Makes for a pretty damned boring read, believe me!
Old 03-05-2003, 09:00 PM   #9  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Biography is put out by the cable channel A&E. It is the magazine version of their TV show. It is a lot of really cool information on all sorts of different people.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:24 PM   #10  
a brave new me...

Talking Magazines!

I am a magazine junkie! I have subscriptions to House & Garden, Cooking Light, Newsweek, Outside, Budget Travel, Sojourners, and I usually buy Oprah, Self, Garden Design, and the occasional fashion rag (e.g. Elle, Vogue). I have to say that Oprah's magazine is really great.. very full of positive and relevant articles.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:39 PM   #11  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

My fave mags are:

Canadian Living
Chatelaine
Style at Home
Canadian House and Home
Weight Watchers Magazine
Cooking Light

I also really enjoy British home decor magazines - they have very different ideas and some really cool stuff - unfortunately the mags are kind of pricey so they are a treat once in a while.

I also like Rue Morge - a magazine devoted to all things dark and dreary and horror movies I am such a weirdo!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 03-06-2003 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

I just subscribed to three new magazines that I really like... Body & Soul, Natural Health and Utne Reader (yay! Ellis reads it, too! No one else has ever heard of this one, lol). Y'all should check them out sometime, they're pretty good!

I also read Scientific American, Prevention, Cooking Light, Real Simple, Allure and Martha Stewart Living, lol. Kind of a strange mix, but I like being well-rounded! I also picked up a mag at the grocery store last week called Organic Style - since I've gone all-organic, and mostly vegetarian, I thought it looked interesting, though I haven't had time to read it yet, hehe.

{{{{Hugs}}}} to Sojo - I'm sure your surgery will be just fine! I had arthroscopic on me knee a few years back - it was my first surgery as well and though I knew the risks were slight, I was WAY nervous. I tell ya though, they gave me something right before I went under - and even though I have a pretty experienced drug past (*ahem* - not anymore!) - I've never felt that good in my entire life, hehe.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:07 PM   #13  

Organic Style! ... I used to get that, Lunula! By the way, where the heck is my March issue of Martha Stewart?!
And Style at Home... THAT'S the one that I get, Mauvais! (not Select Homes)
Both are great magazines.
We have a great little magazine shop in Ottawa called Mags 'n Fags. It has pretty much everything imaginable.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Ellis, I got my copy of Martha Stewart Living last week... I think your neighbors stole yours! I used to get Yahoo Life and my neighbors (seriously) used to take it, lol. It was a free subscription, but still!
Old 03-06-2003, 03:57 PM   #15  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

YUP!! Utne Reader is good!! Don't subscribe though......
Closed Thread