Old 02-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #1  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

Default I put the "Weak" in Weekend

I just always seem to mess up on weekends. Maybe its that my day is less structured, or its when I'm more likely to go to a restaurant, but I always seem to stop tracking and eat a little "looser" (ie off plan) on weekends.

Obviously, this isn't the weekend's fault, but mine. Does this phenomenon happen to anyone else? Anyone found tricks to stop the madness?
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #2  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

I find that when I'm at home, I seem to be hungrier more. I just try to occupy myself with other things.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

Height: 5'7"

I'm the same way. I usually cheat on Saturdays - I try to keep it to every other Saturday, but it doesn't always work out that way. This weekend I had planned to indulge Saturday, which I did...but then I was good all day Sunday until 2 hours before bedtime, when I ate a bunch of chocolate and cheese crackers!! It was so stupid. I feel like a big failure today, though I'm trying to just forget about it and move on.
Like tessendicott said, try to occupy yourself with other things, that's pretty much the only thing I can thik of to suggest. I usually do, but got caught in a moment where I was bored and weak.
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #4  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

I'm the same way. I also have three day weekends, which just seems to make it so much harder. During the week, I'm very structured and have a schedule but on the weekend it's not like that. I eat at different times depending on what's going on and often eat out. I track everything, but I know I do a bit more grazing and boredom eating, like when I'm watching tv and such. I think, like tessindicott, I'm just going to have to work harder on making sure I have things to occupy my time.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

I love the title of this thread! I am totally weak on weekends. Saturday is my off-plan day too, but often, the weekends begin on Friday and end Sunday night for me! One off-plan day would be ok....but it usually doesn't end up being just one day.

I'm not sure how to fix it...it's hard because I eat alone most meals during the week and stay on plan, but I eat with others on the weekend and am influenced by their choices and the unhealthy options offered at restaurants or at other people's homes.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I'm awful on weekends! Since starting WW, I've tried to be "extra" good during the week at stay at my daily points which allows for some wiggle room on the weekend. I do tend to graze a bit more but I try to make it good stuff.

When my husband polished off a pint of ice cream, I didn't want to sulk and go without anything so I got a little plain nonfat yogurt and mixed some sugar free chocolate pudding in. I was at my points for the day but it wasn't nearly as bad as ripping the carton out of his hand and chowing down. I find the weekly points get me through the weekend sane and content.

Full disclosure: I only eat about 1/2 of my weeklies and still find I'm losing at a nice rate. I just fear I underestimate on some foods that can't be easily weighed and measured so I like to give myself a healthy cushion (pun intended).

Last edited by XLMuffnTop; 02-27-2012 at 01:31 PM.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Oh i'm there with ya! Saturdays are my downfall. I already know i use all my dailys and pretty much most weeklies My problem is i weigh in on Saturday morning so that night is my "cheat night". This past weekend was not however, i had my step daughter and had to pick her up from skating at 11 pm so no drinks for me it felt great to wake up Sunday and know i had alot of pts left! However, we only have her every other weekend. I need to figure out Saturdays going forward!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I am the SAME EXACT WAY!!! I also have my weigh ins on Saturday mornings, so I definitely feel more lax on Saturdays which then turns into Sunday. During the week, I have such structured eating time at work that it works out pretty good. The weekend definitely gives me too much freedom, so it can be hard to stay in my points....especially knowing that I have a whole week to work it off. Like for instance, this weekend my downfall was a bag of Reese's Pastel Eggs.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 163/tracker/130

Height: 5'06

Hmm weekends seem to be easier for me because I'm off work and I can plan. It's the hectic weekdays I always go for "easy"...ie pizza, takeout, fastfood.
Dunediner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/155/135

Height: 5'3"

I found a Monday meeting in my area, so I have to behave on the weekends!

Last edited by Micki k; 02-28-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Micki k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #11  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

LOL oh my I think we may have to start a 12 step program for the weekends just to get us through. I am so bad on weekends...well from Saturday afternoon to Sunday night and I weigh in on Monday. It is rare for me to blow all my points but would someone please just give me a schedule? I can stick to that
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote