Old 02-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #1  

Question Price increase... Alternatives... Spinning head... lol- HELP!

i've been reading and recently contemplating trying some alternatives to the IP products. have been using exclusively IP now for about 7 weeks and tho i love them- they are breaking my bank. with recent talk of price increases i'm very anxious to discover new alternatives that work. i checked out amazon.com and was shocked to see how much cheaper the proti-diet products were. (has anyone tried and liked them?- which are your favorites?) i'd love to hear where you all order or buy your alternatives (whatever they are) and which you like best. also, if you feel that you are having as good success with the other products as well. i did download wuv's very helpful pdf file comparison but have only found the proti-diet online. my dh would actually prefer that i stick with IP as he is concerned about getting off program and not having as good results. any encouragement and/or direction here is greatly appreciated! so grateful for such a knowledgeable bunch of people! many thanks~ emkay
emkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Alternatives work as well, but you may lose your coach, which can be a big compliance factor!
I like one of the proti diet foods, but find some have sucrose and fructose, which I really don't want.
If you like the ip foods and you can afford them then I would stick with what is working for you.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #3  

i appreciate that insight momto2. i didn't know either of those facts. guess i hadn't planned on telling my couch as she isn't too involved with the whole process anyway, other than as a salesman, but like you i am concerned about the sugar factor. do you, or does anyone else know, if the proti-thin is the same way? what about Lindora?
emkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #4  

Although I think there is a sticky with alternatives listed, you just need to make sure to read the ingredients of each product.

I do use simply bars, which have agave in them (not ip), but the carb count is similar and they agree with me, which most others don't.

Ip seems to have invested a lot of time and science into their system, which may be worth the added expense.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 292/252/220

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay View Post
i've been reading and recently contemplating trying some alternatives to the IP products. have been using exclusively IP now for about 7 weeks and tho i love them- they are breaking my bank. with recent talk of price increases i'm very anxious to discover new alternatives that work. i checked out amazon.com and was shocked to see how much cheaper the proti-diet products were. (has anyone tried and liked them?- which are your favorites?) i'd love to hear where you all order or buy your alternatives (whatever they are) and which you like best. also, if you feel that you are having as good success with the other products as well. i did download wuv's very helpful pdf file comparison but have only found the proti-diet online. my dh would actually prefer that i stick with IP as he is concerned about getting off program and not having as good results. any encouragement and/or direction here is greatly appreciated! so grateful for such a knowledgeable bunch of people! many thanks~ emkay

emkay I am in the same boat; IP is breaking the bank. $4 a package hurts.

I am down 40 pounds over 13 weeks. my coach suggests 4 packs a day. I dont do that every day but still I spent a hundo a week.

I just TODAY ordered some alternatives. I chose things that I felt were close to exact replacements for some of my IP favs.

ISS - Oh Yeah! Protein Wafer Bar Flavor: Peanut Butter Cup (9)
ProtiDiet Oatmeal - Maple Brown Sugar (7)
ProtiDiet Pancakes - Plain (7)
ProtiDiet Pudding - Chocolate (7)
ProtiDiet Soup - Pea Soup (7)

I looked at carb counts and tried to get the lowest of the group.

Now thats 37 meals I pad $66 SHIPPED. From Nashua.

thats 1.79 per vs $4.

I will report back in a few weeks.
robpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #6  

The oatmeal from proti diet is delicious, and not restricted!
Old 02-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

I wonder why don't you cook some chicken, salman and do some sahakes with protein powder of whole food or something? there won't be any carbs unless you want to add some thing.
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpp View Post
emkay I am in the same boat; IP is breaking the bank. $4 a package hurts.

I am down 40 pounds over 13 weeks. my coach suggests 4 packs a day. I dont do that every day but still I spent a hundo a week.

I just TODAY ordered some alternatives. I chose things that I felt were close to exact replacements for some of my IP favs.

ISS - Oh Yeah! Protein Wafer Bar Flavor: Peanut Butter Cup (9)
ProtiDiet Oatmeal - Maple Brown Sugar (7)
ProtiDiet Pancakes - Plain (7)
ProtiDiet Pudding - Chocolate (7)
ProtiDiet Soup - Pea Soup (7)

I looked at carb counts and tried to get the lowest of the group.

Now thats 37 meals I pad $66 SHIPPED. From Nashua.

thats 1.79 per vs $4.

I will report back in a few weeks.
I use all of those except for the pea soup and they are great. I like that the oatmeal and pancakes are not restricted.
I was wondering about the pea soup. Let us know after you try it how it tastes. Pea soup is my favorite soup in real food but real pea soup in very high carb.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 158.7/154.8/132

Height: 5'4.5"

I've started with Proti-diet. After researching the two different brands, I find the differences to be negligible. I just keep the carb count around 30 or less. I've lost 4 lbs and was in ketosis on the 2nd day, so they work. I like the vanilla pudding and I add chopped broccoli to the cream of chicken. I'm not too picky at this stage, so they all seem "tolerable". Certainly a lot less expensive! The honey nut cereal has a strange after taste, but again, it's tolerable and gives me a crunch. The mocha wafers are good, but VERY restricted.
LizKep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #10  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Here is something that might be of interest to you ....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Compare Lindora-IP for 3FC.pdf (218.5 KB, 78 views)
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #11  
Started IP 02/01/2012

S/C/G: 179.6/156.4/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I use all of those except for the pea soup and they are great. I like that the oatmeal and pancakes are not restricted.
I was wondering about the pea soup. Let us know after you try it how it tastes. Pea soup is my favorite soup in real food but real pea soup in very high carb.

Pat

pancakes are yummy? which syrup do you use?
idealme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/148/143

Height: 5'10"

Default Alternative comparison chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Here is something that might be of interest to you ....
Do you know if there is a chart like this with carbs listed?
MAINTAINisGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINTAINisGoal View Post
Do you know if there is a chart like this with carbs listed?
I do not know if there is one out there.....sorry
Old 02-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 153/140/125

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post

Pat
This may be a very silly question, but how are the oatmeal and pancakes unrestricted?
Mkssweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkssweetie View Post
This may be a very silly question, but how are the oatmeal and pancakes unrestricted?
Oatmeal IS restricted!!Cereal is NOT restricted! Pancakes ARE restricted

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 02-27-2012 at 10:10 PM.