South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 06:17 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default SBD Chat for Sat. 2-25 & Sun. 2-26

Good morning! the coffee is ready and I need alot of it to wake up and go shovel!! We finally got a 'proper' snowstorm. Can't tell yet but we were in the 6" to 12" area. The skiers and riders will be ecstatic, me not so much, hah.

I have to confess!! I went through the awesome 3FC archives and found that I joined SBD here in April of 2008, I feel kinda like an fraud or something. CyndiM and Ruth gave me the same wonderful welcome, that's how I 'knew" Cyndi from before. I'm a repeat customer That was when I started at my adult high of 177, got down to the low 150's, then slowly gained back some.

Anyway..wanted to come clean

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-25-2012, 06:37 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Confession is good for the soul, Holly. I remembered you but it was a back.

We got a big dump of snow yesterday too. Last night the Village was buzzing with snow mobiles that the "boys" had stashed away around New Years due to lack of snow. The world was very pretty. We have about 6" but it's fluffy so shoveling the decks won't be too hard today. Poor Jazz comes in with so much wet snow on his furry legs that he can hardly walk.

Time for breakfast and watch the world get brighter out there. Unless Richard comes early I'm going to be skipping Diner coffee. The snow is too deep to walk down and I refuse to dig out my long boots after such an easy snow winter. (Could have done without the ice though.)

After such a quiet week of recuperation, I need to get it back in gear and will do some list and schedule making this week. It certainly did me good to cancel "life" this week. I have just a few lingering dregs of this cold so have dodged the bullet again. (This type of cold usually turns into pneumonia for me.)

Happy Saturday to us all.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Holly, I also remembered you from before. Enjoy all that snow! We only got a cold drizzle and very strong winds from the storm.

Ruth, Doesn't it figure that it would snow after I left your place? I should have stayed another week. I can just picture how pretty your village must look under that snowy blanket.

The sun is shining brightly here and we're supposed to get up to 62* today. My Jack-Be-Nimble daffodils and crocus are up already, and I can see some primroses starting to poke through the ground. Spring is on it's way!
I think Monica and Carley are coming out this afternoon, and I should decide what to make for supper. Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:06 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning What a difference a few miles and several hundred feet make. We have maybe an inch or tow of snow and had more ice. The sun is out, it's 35, and everything is dripping so I bet it will be gone before dark.

Holly-I remember you because not a lot of Vermonters come through here Hope those happy skiers are happy enough to be nice to you this weekend!

Ruth - I'm so glad the cold is almost gone. Now don't jump back in too fast, a little more rest can't hurt

Cottage - I am so ready for the 60s but won't be that here for awhile yet.

Today I'm sending 6 boxes of books off to the used bookstore. I made a vow last fall to declutter and I'm sticking to it. I've got designs on the extra bookshelves. For now I'm going to use them as seed nurseries I've been a rabid book collector my whole life so this is a big deal. It feels good and I'm sure will feel great once they are gone. A friend who owns a used bookstore is picking them up at 11

Think I'll pack another box or two before she gets here.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #5  

Cyndi, that's surprising that you didn't get dumped on! I thought you'd be buried under, too. Funny that you mentioned getting rid of books. Just yesterday, I took two full bags of books over to Goodwill. And while I was there, I did a little shopping. I got 2 pair of pants and 6 tops for less than $30. And they all look brand new.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

No snow here. Today will be about "average" but then we get several more spring-like days. I'm soooo not complaining!

I might try the yoga at my gym today. I'm hesitant because in the past I've never liked it with any instructor but the one I take from on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm thinking maybe if I write about it here my chances of going have increased I'll be a basketball widow this afternoon so think I'll curl up with a book.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

yeah, I'm back on. Thanks Ruth and Debbie. I though I was being kicked out of the old boys club.
Not much new here, going downtown to my favourite market this morning and I guess I have to give DH some quality time too. I have been busy ignoring him while my head has been spinning around.
take care
Sophie
Old 02-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone. Holly, maybe your time on SB before doesn't matter, it is erased and this is a new start and a new you.

I am enjoying a three day weekend, and so far no snow here, hope it stays that way. I am going to make the SB Deep Dish Pizza that someone posted the other day. Something different.

Today a little housework and then me time. Hope everyone enjoys their day.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:19 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I didn't post yesterday....did go to the pool, though.

I've been up for 2 hrs working on company books. I've come to a stopping point with the records I brought over with me. Think I'll head back to bed and see what the day brings when I wake again.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:12 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Good morning all and nighty-night, Debbie. I am so envious when you talk about going to the pool!

Yesterday was shoveling day and the dogs can now go up and down the deck stairs with ease. They are very grateful - Jazz is smiling a lot which just slays me. It's a flash of white teeth in his black pouf of a head. A haircut will happen this week, I hope, although it's turned darned cold again. (It's just at 8ºF right now with a wind chill on top of that so I am not walking to Church!)

Today I plan to finish up some government paperwork and a few other niggles so I can go into the week guilt-free. I planned on giving up procrastination for Lent but keep putting it off.

Have a good Sunday. Lots of sun predicted here which will be dazzling with the fresh snow.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #11  
Biker Chick!

Good morning! Beautiful blue sky here, shining on all this fresh whiteness. Thanks for letting me see the beauty in it Ruth, I was being a little grumpy about it, lol. I did slide off the road on the way to work yesterday, thank goodness it was into deep soft snow, instead of the enbankment and trees on the other side!

Linda - you actually have spring flowers coming up? wow! and congrats on your score at Goodwill, that is a wonderful feeling of 'win/win'.

CyndiM - Congrats on the de-cluttering!! that is wonderful. Books are precious aren't they but it was relatively easy for me to unload a couple hundred last fall. Still have quite a few but they are resting easier without being so tight in the shelves. You will have a nice baby plant nursery going And yes the tourists were on Cloud Nine yesterday with all the snow.

Hi Karen, did you try the yoga yesterday? and your new avatar is very funny

Hi Sophie, did you get the snow also?

Chickadeee, I saw that pizza recipe too, it sounded great!

Debbie good luck with the paperwork, and I also enjoy your new avatar and imagine that wonderful hot water!!!

I am very excited that I think I will have met my (ambitious) weight loss goal for this month, but I'll wait til the last day of the month to confirm

Last edited by VermontMom; 02-26-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #12  
Biker Chick!

Just for fun..here is my conversation from the side of the road yesterday, to my work -

"Al? It's Holly. I'm off the road."
"Holly?"
"YES, it's Holly. I'm off the road but I've called for help and hopefully be okay."
"Holly? You're off the road?"
"YES. I slid off the road."
"Where off the road?"
(!?) "Near my house"
"Who did you call?"
(!!!???) "Joe. If he can't get me out, then Triple A."
"Triple A? They'll take FOUR HOURS to get to you, Holly."
(Slight edge to my voice now) "Al, I'm doing the best I can."
"Okay Holly, we'll see you when you get here."

Old 02-26-2012, 07:25 AM   #13  

Good SUNDAY morning. (Ruth, I think we'd better change the name of this weekend thread to include today. )

Monica, Caitlyn, Andrea and I are the only ones awake so far, and we're all sitting here enjoying some strong coffee. We were up til the wee hours last night, chatting and laughing, and several bottles of wine are sitting empty on the table. But it was fun, and I think we all needed it.

I need to sit here with my coffee and wake up a bit more, but I'll be lurking and keeping an eye on all of you, so behave yourselves.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Wine? You chicks drink wine? Glad it was a fun night. (I edited the title.)
Old 02-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Debbie - LOVE the new avatar picture!

I'm back from FL, and it went as well as it can. Unfortunately, my mom is have a 'celebration of life' in 40 days, so I need to go back down. Unfortunately is because we dropped a ton of money (thank you, savings) to go down this week...and I'm not sure I would've brought the whole family if I had known all the intentions. Sigh.

We won't talk about eating though, 'kay?

Today - I'm not sure. DD was up puking last night (please, don't let me get it!!), so no church for her. I'm not sure if one of us will or not. Then, I hope to veg or something if I'm able to nail my DH down!

Edit - oh my, the coffee is done, and it is GOOOOOD!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 02-26-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread