Old 02-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #1  

Default 1st Day!!

It's my first day on IP...I'm super excited and a little nervous. I'm just hoping it works as well for me as alot of you on here! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! So far....I'm a little hungry at times, which was told that would pass in 4 days or so. I want this to be my last diet ever and am really optimistic that I can stick to it
stacie5464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi and welcome, Stay 100% on plan (OP) and it will work as expected! The first four days are the worse...it gets better and time does fly! Read through the threads. One that I found really helpful is about "What my coach didn't tell me" (or something like that). You'll do great!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #3  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Hi and Welcome
I am on Day 9 . The first 3 days were the worst for me. head ache, tired, hungry, grouchy. by day 4 I felt so much better and lost 8 pounds that week. so when you are going through the icky days just take it easy, stay on plan and plow through it. It will get better I promise. make sure you drink your water it does help. Also hot herbal tea got me through some real rough spots.

Good luck, you can do it
Carol
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

It's day 3 for me- so far so good I'm pleasantly surprised with the IP food- I like most of the shakes and salty restricted items. Couldn't stomach the tomatoe soup- literally... I couldn't finish it!! Traded it in for a shake. My hubby is doing IP as well- he's day 2. I had a headache first couple days and felt sluggish but in all reality i was tiered before starting IP!!! We are finding ourselves a bit hungry but no terrible cravings which is a bonus!! If im hungry I'm not trying to starve myself- we snack in celery and 1/2 pack restricted foods to stay OP. My first mini goal is absolutely no cheats- I've had 2 tests- feeding a friend and 3 extra kids for lunch and tonight having
friends over for supper with no drinks staying strictly OP will be worth come WI days!

Last edited by Journey36; 02-24-2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Spelling oops!
Journey36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #5  

Thank you all so much! for the info...i'm also tired and grouchy lol but I just keep thinking it will all get better
Old 02-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey36 View Post
It's day 3 for me- so far so good I'm pleasantly surprised with the IP food- I like most of the shakes and salty restricted items. Couldn't stomach the tomatoe soup- literally... I couldn't finish it!! Traded it in for a shake. My hubby is doing IP as well- he's day 2. I had a headache first couple days and felt sluggish but in all reality i was tiered before starting IP!!! We are finding ourselves a bit hungry but no terrible cravings which is a bonus!! If im hungry I'm not trying to starve myself- we snack in celery and 1/2 pack restricted foods to stay OP. My first mini goal is absolutely no cheats- I've had 2 tests- feeding a friend and 3 extra kids for lunch and tonight having
friends over for supper with no drinks staying strictly OP will be worth come WI days!
It sounds like you're doing great!! I'm surprised at the food as well....I haven't tried a whole lot yet (the broccoli soup, choc drink, and pb bars) but what I've had has been okay I also wanted to let you know my coach had told me that you can have vodka and water flavored w/ MIO. I don't really care much for vodka but it may be worth a try on occasion.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178.5/175.5/125

Height: 5'2

Hi. I'm on day one also. A couple of years ago I lost 20 lbs on Ideal Protein. After hearing people tell me how great I looked - I got lazy about staying on it. Then I just went back to eating junk. I'm back after gaining what I lost.

It really does work! My fav is the chocolate shake. I make it with coffee instead of water. Love it
navydocmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydocmom View Post
Hi. I'm on day one also. A couple of years ago I lost 20 lbs on Ideal Protein. After hearing people tell me how great I looked - I got lazy about staying on it. Then I just went back to eating junk. I'm back after gaining what I lost.

It really does work! My fav is the chocolate shake. I make it with coffee instead of water. Love it
ooooh i love coffee...never would have thought of that! I'm going to try that tomorrow
Old 02-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Welcome to the board. This really will be your last diet. Just make the commitment to yourself and stay 100% on plan and you will do great. Hang in there the first few days, and soon you will wake up one morning having made it through to the other side of carb withdrawal.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

So excited for you!! It is great that you have made the decision to take care of yourself in this way! I am on day 23 of IP. I have lost 15.6 lbs and 10 inches. It really does work well.

Your body goes through a shift in metabolism as you move into ketosis. I found that the first days of the transition were a bit hard, but excitement about the plan got me through. Once in ketosis, you will likely feel much better!

I come to this board and read often. It really helps me keep on track and lifts my spirits. Lots of great support and help here. Let's all do it together!
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #11  
Started IP 02/01/2012

S/C/G: 179.6/156.4/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Welcome to the board. This really will be your last diet. Just make the commitment to yourself and stay 100% on plan and you will do great. Hang in there the first few days, and soon you will wake up one morning having made it through to the other side of carb withdrawal.
DanafromAustin You took the words right out of my mouth! Staying OP is KEY. Cheating hurts nobody but yourself...so not worth the set back. Check here for questions and support im sure any questions can be answered by somebody! Welcome and good luck!!
idealme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:02 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacie5464 View Post
It sounds like you're doing great!! I'm surprised at the food as well....I haven't tried a whole lot yet (the broccoli soup, choc drink, and pb bars) but what I've had has been okay I also wanted to let you know my coach had told me that you can have vodka and water flavored w/ MIO. I don't really care much for vodka but it may be worth a try on occasion.
Entertaining guests for supper was wonderful- they loved the roast beef and elk amd commented how delicious the roasted veggies were!! (broccoli, cauliflower, tiny tomatoes, zucchini, peppers tossed in olive oil , WF Italian drsg topped with basil oregano and sea salt. Spread on
Cookie sheet and bake until tender & broil for a few minutes). It wasn't even that hard to stay away from the mashed potatoe and gravy- so surprised i dont have worse carb cravings!?! As for alcohol my
Coach Said absolutely none- no exceptions. I guess every coach is different- gotta do what works for you!
Old 02-25-2012, 12:07 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Hi and Welcome
I am on Day 9 . The first 3 days were the worst for me. head ache, tired, hungry, grouchy. by day 4 I felt so much better and lost 8 pounds that week. so when you are going through the icky days just take it easy, stay on plan and plow through it. It will get better I promise. make sure you drink your water it does help. Also hot herbal tea got me through some real rough spots.

Good luck, you can do it
Carol
Good tips for newbies! My symptoms were mild the first 2 days- I feel back to normal. But... With me and hubby on IP the headaches, fatigue amd crankiness is doubled!! But so will the excitement with our successful weigh ins and NSV's
Old 02-25-2012, 02:10 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

Welcome! The first few days were really hard for me, and I hated the food, but now I like it. Here are some tips that might help!
- Add 1 cup of roasted veggies to the soups with 2 cups of water and put in the blender before heating.
- Add a salad to your meals
- Save 1 cup of veggies for a mid or late afternoon snacks (Dill pickles worked wonders for me)
- When you make the drinks put them in the blender with ice and lots of water, gives you more volume without the loss of taste
- Herbal tea is wonderful, I drink a cup after every meal and that helps “fill” me up
It’s a wonderful diet, times will be hard and other days will be easy! Good on you for reaching out for help!
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

I agree with the coffee in the drinks! I love it in the cap drink and chocolate drink...right now I only have the choc drink and choc choc bar! I love 'em and they make my day! I remember my first attempt at a salad it was disgusting and I remember thinking I couldn't make it through P1..I made some olive oil concoction with tons of raw veggies (broc. caul. mush. onion and cukes) with lettuce and it was so hard to eat...I finally learned the "art" of roasting veggies (i.e. toss in a little oil and bake at 350 for 20 - 30 minutes...yeah, real art!!! . ) and now I love 'em. Plus you can add any seasonings you want!!! IT GETS BETTER. And yeah, will be your last diet!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote