Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #1  

Default Acne Help?

I've always had moderate acne, but ever since I started trying to lose weight and exercising, it seems to have gotten worse. I'm thinking it's something to do with sweating, but I'm not sure. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and if you've found anything that actually works? I tried ProActive years ago and I swear it didn't do a thing. Is there a miracle face wash or something?
essbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I use a Neutrogena scrub with salicylic acid in it - smells like grapefruit. Great in the morning to wake you up! It's pretty cheap at Walmart.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #3  

I've literally had acne since I was like 8, so I've pretty much tried every product there is. I've found that whenever I use more natural-ish products, they work better for me. Proactiv actually made my skin break out even more. I tried all of the harsh acids and whatnot but those always made my skin flake and peel (it's pretty sensitive though). Right now I'm using Aveeno and it works pretty well, but I plan to try out the new Simple line at Target.
thinkfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #4  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

I couldn't get my acne under control without the use of an OTC face wash and a couple of topical prescription treatments. Now it usually stays in check with just the facewash. I use Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #5  

Thanks for the tips ladies! I might check out the Neutrogena products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjean View Post
I plan to try out the new Simple line at Target.
What is the Simple line? I just tried to Google it, but have no idea what I'm looking for. lol
Old 02-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #6  
Taking it 1lb at a time!

S/C/G: 291/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Ive had acne since I was a little kid. Its gotten better, but I still do get breakouts after sweating too much. I just use a generic cream face soap and washcloth daily. One thing that has really helped though was Olay Complete all day UV moisturizer UV skin shield. I either put it on at night after I take a shower or first thing in the morning after I wash my face. Seems like I dont break out as much when I remember to use it. If i skip 2 or 3 days I start to break out again.

Ive also noticed that if I drink a glass of OJ a day my breakouts seem to clear up faster, and I dont get them that often.
CocoTruffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by essbee View Post
What is the Simple line? I just tried to Google it, but have no idea what I'm looking for. lol
It's apparently #1 in the UK but they just brought it over to the states. I saw it at Target the other day, but I'm sure you can purchase it online too. simpleskincare dot com

Last edited by thinkfit; 07-06-2012 at 01:18 PM.
thinkfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/136/120

Height: 5'5"

I found that giving up most sugars, refined flour, and dairy helped my stubborn acne dramatically.
JoJoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #9  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoP View Post
I found that giving up most sugars, refined flour, and dairy helped my stubborn acne dramatically.
This.

Soda is also a big one, even diet.

Clean eating can really help with clear skin.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #10  

I'm not a huge OJ fan. I will say that I haven't had any soda (diet or otherwise) for probably close to a month now. However, the diet I'm on uses a lot of processed foods in the frozen entrées and the meal replacement shakes have a lot of sugar... Might have to look into that.

Using too many different facial products might be overkill, so I'll see what my local Target has. Thanks again ladies!
Old 02-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #11  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Drink LOTS of water. This will help greatly!
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

My acne has gotten better since I stopped eating sugar.
PrettyMom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Height: 5'7"

Same here. Going off sugar and processed foods always clears my skin right up.

The other thing to consider - do you use hair products or sunscreen? Sunscreen makes me break out terribly and it would be so much worse if I exercised with it on. Same with hair products. Some products make me breakout where ever my hair (which is long) touches my face. Annoying.

I've also read recently that for some people with oily skin, changing your pillow case every day makes a huge difference. I guess your pillow case gets hair products/oil and stuff on it and that's not good for your face.
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #14  
Stay with me

S/C/G: 240/235/120

I used to use this product called natures cure, you can get it at walmart, it has a topical cream that has benzol perioxide in it but it also has pills that help to regulate your horomonal fluxs and it worked pretty good for me. Face wash, try biore pore unclogging scrub, noxzema acne stuff is great too, any kind of astrigent and then aveeno clear complexion for a moisturizer. For spot treatment i always used clean and clear advantage spot treatment, but don't use both the natures cure and the clean and clear. Make sure you drink alot of water. Also you can try getting oxy clean or strydex pads to keep in a gym bag or purse so that you can wipe the sweat off. Oil blotting sheets work wonders as well. Something else you don't always think about is touching your face, don't--unless your hands clean because that introduces bacteria to the party and that's not fun, keeping your hair away from your face is a good idea too.
rubyred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #15  
Stay with me

S/C/G: 240/235/120

And if you want to Neutrogena even has a makeup that has acne stuff in it so you can cover up blemishes will you treat them!
rubyred7 is offline   Reply With Quote