Old 02-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #1  
Nutella Girl

S/C/G: 197 / 135 / 140

Height: 5'5''

Cool DVDs that get you lean

So I've dropped my weight below my goal in my endless effort at trying to procure a beautiful body. I've been doing a lot of cardio and even though I'm around 120-125lbs, I still have flab and I've started thinking that weight loss isn't what's going to help me look fit anymore.
First of all, is that right? Is there a chance I'll still be a little flabby at 110-120 lbs? Should I keep focusing on weight loss? Or a combination of weight loss/something else?
If not, can someone recommend some fitness videos/DVDs that can help me look leaner? I've tried P90X but, honestly, I cannot do it. Those videos destroy me.
A lot of my weight loss efforts have involved my diet. I've neglected most exercise other than running and yoga 3-4 times a week. I'm currently taking care of my grandparents so I spend most of my time at home. I thought if there was anything I could do from home to help me get fitter, now would be the time to try it.
Also I have a trip to Vegas coming up in May so this is really an attempt at getting in shape in time for that
Thanks for your help guys!
imperialistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #2  

I aspire to be where you are, but in the meantime I've learned a lot about fitness. You are already "lean" so now you want to increase muscle mass? If that is the case then it would be more about lifting weights and less cardio. I also wonder if you've adjusted your calories to fit your new weight.

As far as dvd's I would stray from dvd instructors that tell you that you can get the body you want with 2lb weights. To take a phrase from the turbo jam queen Chalean.."Lift heavy or go home". Instructors that I like are Cathy Friedrich because she packs in lots of premix options into her dvd's. Kelley Coffey is another excellent instructor known for quick and effective workouts. Michelle Dozois is another great instructor. All of the above have workout previews on their websites.
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #3  
Nutella Girl

Thanks PhillyGirl.
I'm not really lean- I'm just skinny and a little flabby. Yes, I want a little more muscle mass. As for calories, I've stopped counting them. Now I eat what I want but I keep it to smaller portions and have a salad with low-cal dressing before every meal.
Someone recommended Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and I see that there's a thread about that but I'm worried that the DVD is concentrated on weight loss and not looking fitter.
Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them out.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperialistic View Post
Thanks PhillyGirl.
Someone recommended Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and I see that there's a thread about that but I'm worried that the DVD is concentrated on weight loss and not looking fitter.
You are correct. Jillian's workouts are geared toward weight loss. Since you're already where you want to be weight wise, I would concentrate more on weight training. Check out Total Fitness DVDS and CollageVideo for clips of workouts that concentrate on strength work to see what appeals to you. There are many instructors out there. Personally, I love Kelly Coffey-Meyer, Traci Long and Jari Love (amongst many others). Cathe Friedrich is awesome too, but she tends to use LOTS of equipment. Check out the clips and see what looks good to you.
SophiaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #5  
Nutella Girl

Thanks so much for your help, girls. I will check them out
Old 03-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 130/123/100

Height: 4' 9"

I'd check out Zuzana Light on facebook. She used to host bodyrock.tv, and has an amazing body. Her workouts are geared towards using your own bodyweight. I think her workouts are what you're looking for. Best of all it's free and no to little equipment needed.

You could also try bodyrock.tv, however after watching Zuzana for so long I can't get into the new hosts.

Good luck!
lillisa81 is offline   Reply With Quote