Old 02-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #1  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Default I'm tired of all this... Just need to vent.

I'm in a low spot today. I'm usually so positive but I'm having a really hard time getting to that place today.

I forgot my iPod when I went to the gym this morning so I had to do my workout in silence and I just felt so bla about it, for the first time in a long time . I kept looking at myself in the mirror and thinking "What's the point." Awful thoughts.

I'm just tired. Tired of having to take care of everything for everyone. Tired of weight loss. Tired of school. Tired of being a single mom. I need a fairy godmother to come rescue me from all this. I keep reminding myself that nothing about the diet part is HARD. I like eating the way I eat... I feel great... I just can't stop being so hard on myself when I look in the mirror. Today, I'm tired of caring...

UGH. I guess I just need some reassurance that some day things won't be so hard. I want a nap.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/136/120

Height: 5'5"

random/

You are BEAUTIFUL!

/random
JoJoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #3  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Oh God, I hate days like you describe. I especially hate it when my ipod runs out of juice during a long walk and I have no way to re-charge, and have to carry the darn thing home without tunes!

Fake a smile and keep going. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Single mom? Did you get divorced/separate in the last year? (Earlier this week you posted that your husband last summer said you looked hot in a bikini).

THAT alone could be a reason why you are feeling blah and at a stall with your weight loss. That's a lot to deal with in that time frame.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #5  
I can do anything!

Thanks ladies...

My husband lives in another country. It's a rough spot... but this has been going on for nearly a year now. I've come to terms with THAT. I'm just exhausted.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #6  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

And how long have you been stalled out? About a year? Do you not see a connection?
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #7  
I can do anything!

No, I do... I took a maintenance break. Last March we evacuated from Japan and it was really traumatic for all of us and I knew I had to put my energy elsewhere this year. Maybe coming up on the anniversary of the Earthquake is bringing up some of those negative feelings...

I really want to get the last of this weight off. I'm mad at myself for letting a whole year go by stagnant... but stagnant is so much better than gain, isn't it?

I need a kick in the rear.

Last edited by ValRock; 02-16-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

Everyone has days like these sometimes. Today just happens to be yours but tomorrow is a fresh start. =)
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #9  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

When I'm having one of those days, I just take a day off. Is there anyone who can take the kids for a night?

If I was you, after they go to bed or if someone could take them I'd have a long bubble bath, maybe read a book and a glass of wine or two. Just have some me time where I'm not focusing on anything and just enjoying myself.

That may not be your thing though, but if you can see if you can get some 'me' time for yourself and do something you enjoy. It might help feeling blah and in a rut. Maybe you just need to treat yourself.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #10  
I can do anything!

Man... I WISH for a night off. I've got another paper due at midnight and only 5 hours between their bedtime and my deadline. It's gonna be a crunch. If only I could do my homework from the bathtub... I don't feel like getting electrocuted tonight, though!!!

A glass of wine may be in order, though!! the last thesis I wrote with a buzz was declared "brilliant" by my professor! Go figure.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #11  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

ValRock: I just want to say I ADMIRE you so much! You have come so far on your weightloss journey. But what I admire even more is that you chose to go to school still. That is so amazing! You set such a great example for your kids!

I have zero responsibilities and I just don't even do what I am suppose to do for my university stuff. So yeh, I admire you!
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #12  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

Aw man do I know that feeling!! Maybe promise yourself to find a babysitter for one day this weekend and just do something for yourself. You sound overwhelmed! Until then finish your paper, get a good nights rest, do something small but special for yourself tomorrow and just try to relax & not worry about anything. Maybe rent yourself a movie or whatever to take your mind off of everything. As far as your weight goes, you look beautiful and even though you may not be where you wanted to today just remember that you have been doing your best and can always choose to restart trying to lose more when you're ready. I hope you feel better soon, having so much on our plates can sometimes leave our needs in the dust.

Last edited by TiffNeedsChange; 02-16-2012 at 04:25 PM.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #13  
on a mission

S/C/G: 294/restart!!!

Height: 5'1

I just joined this forum. But I am not new. I was reading around for awhile and I just want to say YOU are a huge inspiration to me. I know times may be hard right now, but you have come along way and we all appreciate you! Keep your head up
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

You can do it! I've been feeling down lately too. Relationship issues, moving home, having trouble finding a job after graduating...I feel unmotivated and I've barely lost any weight in 3 months. I look at some people on here who lost like 80lbs in the time it took me to lose 45...I feel like I'm not doing the work I need to be doing, and instead I'm making excuses.
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:07 AM   #15  

Collage is stresfull in it's self. Last year on my diet I was very positive and thought I could do it and was not going to collage. Now that I have started again and I'm in collage I have days I thank I can't do it. Just have to hang in there.
Beccajuanita is offline   Reply With Quote