South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/158/145

Height: 5'5'

Unhappy Help with dairy intake

I'm not a big lover of dairy(other then cheese which doesn't count) I don't like milk. What are some ways to get my servings of dairy in? my husband and I just started this diet yesterday and he loves milk so he just drinks a glass or two a day and he's set. I need ideas please and thank you!!
meganluvscoupons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I never was a milk drinker, except for in my coffee and tea. There are some great milk substitutes available, such as almond, soy, and hemp milk. I, personally am a big fan of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Yogurt is also a good way to get in your dairy.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #3  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I haven't had a drop of liquid dairy in... I don't know... years? I put coconut milk in my coffee. I'm still alive . Dairy is not a requirement for being healthy .

I do love the heck out of Greek Yogurt, though!

Last edited by ValRock; 02-14-2012 at 07:41 PM.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

ValRock, I use coconut oil in mine. Mmmm!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1.5"

Haha...I am drinking tea with coconut milk right now! I just had some left over from the curry I made.
MissusTaterHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

I was not much of a dairy fan either, but I'll eat cottage cheese sometimes. I like to sprinkle cinnamon and splenda on top, weird, I know. I have grown to enjoy Greek yogurt just recently. And I do eat a fair amount of cheese. I've never liked milk as a drink but add some version to my tea; today it's almond since my husband is on a vegan kick. There is a recipe for a ricotta chocolate milkshake that is quite yummy

So, that said, I'll be honest and say that I never paid attention to the dairy requirement myself. I worked much harder on the veggie intake since I don't much like those either!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

Like everyone else has said, greek yogurt is pretty great. You get the plain kind and then can make something either sweet (like smoothies) or savory (like veggie dip) out of it.
As a side note, I just found an Almond Breeze coconut/almond milk combo drink that I'm very excited to try!
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:11 AM   #8  
Getting back into it

S/C/G: 170/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I don't each much dairy, but to get through this diet, I use greek yogurt nonfat), an occasional string cheese and half and half in my coffee (refuse to give that up).

Actually, nonfat greek yogurt with vanilla, unsweetened cocoa powder and just a little bit of sweetner has been my choice of desert. And I'm losing weight.
smarkey is offline   Reply With Quote