Old 02-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #1  

Default Looking for encouragement... please?

normally i'm pretty independent. i come on here and read the posts every day and thank you all silently for your great advice and motivation... but i rarely post anything unless i'm just needing help. well, here i am, almost 5 weeks into the program and losing incentive... perhaps because that's about all i'm losing lately. i have been very strictly OP and yet have seen very little results in the past 2 weeks, down only about .5 lbs in that time. (hard to say for sure since even that small number fluctuates regularly). i feel my resolve weakening and am asking for help before a major catastrophe happens. ( i hear the Nutella calling my name...) currently i am 20 pounds from my goal and overall have not been doing badly with a total loss of nearly 12 lbs since i began this journey almost 5 weeks ago, but it's the sudden loss of momentum that has me discouraged. i don't know if it's hormonal or if i'm doing something wrong. i'm choking down 8-10 glasses of water/ day with the help of MIO and keeping my carb totals between 20-25 (or slightly lower) with the use of the packets. i have skipped 2 salads recently (friday and sunday) and those skips were due to my lack of progress in combination with just plain burnout on lettuce. i know i could be doing a little better (i.e. eating more lettuce, every day... and having my water straight up) but other than that i'm not sure how else to boost the losses. my coach told me no exercise until i was in ketosis for a full month- am thinking it's time to begin some program... walking? pilates? but have not seen here now for nearly 2 weeks and almost afraid for the next weigh in as i know i will disappoint. would someone please help? am feeling just completely un-motivated at the moment and ready to break. just hoping for a good "shot in the arm" to get me back on track and pushing thru this dry spell. thanks so much in advance.
emkay
emkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

First

Are you weighing yourself at home every day? If so try and stop and only weigh in at the coaches. That way you have a consistent number and your coach is there to offer advice if the number isn't what you hoped.

Can you give us an idea of what you're eating? Skipping 2 salads wouldn't hurt (as long as you're getting in all your veggies). I am not one for salads and have only had a few while I've been on the program. Are you getting all your oil in?

Also, I don't count my carbs, but from what I've read but 20-25 seems low, even for IP. Most of what I've heard is closer to 30-40. If you're getting a restricted that's about 15 right there.

Lastly You'll break through this plateau and be proud that you didn't give in to the Nutella!

Last edited by NavyMommy; 02-13-2012 at 07:34 PM.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #3  

thanks so much NavyMommy, think i just found a clue to my problem in the "1 restriced per day= new protocol" thread. i have been cutting those pretty much out and trying to get the carbs as low as possible. (the new carb sheet they gave me states women's target carbs is 20-25 per IP packets.) it totally thru me off- especially since the coach said that the lower i could keep my carbs the better my weight loss would be. *sigh*... i'm gonna give adding back a restricted per day a try and see what happens. otherwise i have been doing everything else as per protocol, including getting my 2 tsp. oil . please cross your fingers for me as i don't think i can take much more of this with no losses. thanks!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Don't people hit plateaus during the loss? I would think it might happen and be normal.
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #5  

Try adding the restricted back and see if that helps. I bet your body is just starving yourself because there's not enough fuel. I haven't seen the 20-25g sheets on mine (they were last updated May 2011 I believe) but would be very interested in seeing it. Good luck to you and keep us posted!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #6  

Samba- i'm sure you are right as i have hit plateaus before, i'd just be very disappointed if i hit this one only 3 weeks into the diet with so much further yet to go. guess i'll find out...
NavyMommy- this sheet was handed to me just 2 weeks ago and i was told was the very latest information. hoping it is correct. i wonder if anyone else could shed any light on this as i am so new? it states that womens target carbohydrates is 20-25 of IP protein packets, mens target is 25-30. (that is how it's stated "of IP protein packets"... not grams per se.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #7  

Hm, that's interesting. Even if you're just counting the IP packets and not the veggies it seems that you would either be way above or way below the recommendation most days. The IP cookie itself is 23g carbs so if you were sticking to that I don't see how a woman could fit it in even once or twice a week. But if you have three unrestricted you would be way below it. And if you add in the veggies I don't see that being realistic at all. Have you asked your coach? Maybe they can shed some light.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

So many people are mentioning the plan should be 20-25 grams of carbs. As NM mentioned just 1 cookie is that so how can you get the rest of the packets in?

But the other thing to note is that that about is just for the packets, it doesn't account for the veggies.

Once that number showed up it seems more people are cutting back to starvation level and then some coaches are saying to cut back more.
My coach said the people who do best are the ones who get everything in from the phase 1 protocol sheets especially the veggies.

Are the clinics all over giving this sheet to newcomers I wonder?
I hope your week goes great emkay.
Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 183/181/145

Height: 5'5

I don't think I even got one of those forms. I was told to follow my meal schedule and thats what I have been doing, I don't even count the carbs. I know low carbs high protein. I was told to make sure I eat 4 cups of veggies a day, even if I had to drink them down.

WI#1 -4.2
slcrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Ok, here's a few things that come to mind.
I have noticed that those of us with less to lose stall faster. I'm not saying your weight issue is any less hard for you than someone that has 90 pounds to lose so please don't think I am minimizing this.

Post a typical menu for a day - be honest and list everything - water, supps, WF products - everything. These girls are amazing at seeing issues!

Have you added anything in the last few weeks that you didn't have in the 1st weeks? I added bars and they just about killed me! I wanted sugar SO bad and was SO hungry after I had them. Had to quit them - for now.

Stay off the scale - it isn't nuthin but a number! It's a crazy maker. Just weigh at your clinic. I 'gained' 5 POUNDS overnight once. Seriously, it's evil.

This plan is designed to make it easy for you. No carb/calorie counting. They did that on purpose. Just have a packet, don't worry about the added carbs from the veggies.

If you want to add walking into your day, go for it! Moving will help your mind more than your body.

Has anything else happened that could have derailed you? If it's a sudden change, I may look to something other than the diet or lack of loss in pounds.

You are stronger than you think you are. This is just a blip. If you find yourself reaching for the Nutella, go for a walk, drink a glass of water really fast (makes you feel full!) have some hot tea, a few pickles, call a friend, brush your teeth, jump online and look up a new recipe. It really is just a temporary thang!
Lakewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #11  

good news! i've added in the restricted/day and have already seen a difference! down 1.5 lbs since my pathetic post 2 days ago. thanks for all the support and advice everyone. i would've been lost (and discouraged) without you all.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Congratulations! Don't ever give up!

I have not heard this business about counting ip packets and not carbs?

I too have found it harder to loose the pounds as I get closer to my goal. Have also read that artificial sweeteners can cause a stall for some people, and I suspect that may be true in my case. There is some research now that also shows that any sweetener can cause the brain to crave more, and I think it is true for me.

I wouldn't give up your vegees. They have important nutrients and help keep the 'plumbing' moving along...
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay View Post
good news! i've added in the restricted/day and have already seen a difference! down 1.5 lbs since my pathetic post 2 days ago. thanks for all the support and advice everyone. i would've been lost (and discouraged) without you all.
Way to go!!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #14  
restart 1/14/13

S/C/G: 210/208/170

Height: 5'9"

Way to go, stick with it! Enjoy those Restricteds...
Patty17 is offline   Reply With Quote