Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #1  
Ted's Pants!

S/C/G: 223/223/150

Height: 5'5"

Default It's grocery shopping day...

And husband and I are planning on trying the simple diet together. Not even gonna buy any junk so that should nip my over indulging in the bud. Unfortunately, grocery day also means that we are out of produce. And today I have a final paper due which means I am stressed out and want to snack on something. And recently my in laws sent us a big bag of smart food popcorn which is like my kryptonite. And I have eaten half of it. And I'm still going. And I am posting in here in hopes that it will stop me, but I don't think it will.

On the plus side, my paper is about half done.

On the down side, the more I eat the hungrier I feel.

And I want to order some Chinese.

And our roomie is not helping because he is all high off his butt on painkillers since he just had a wisdom tooth removed and he is driving me up a fricken wall. Which makes me even more keen on eating large amounts of food.

At least i know what my overeating trigger is. I need a stress free environment.
BananaMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Stress is a big trigger for me too. It's hard to live as a married couple with roomates, but it's not completely impossible.

Try to have a (healthy) snack before you go grocery shopping. Going hungry will tempt you to buy things that aren't all that great, at least thats how I get lol.....and definitely get some fruits and veggies for you to snack on!

Good luck with your paper!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #3  
Ted's Pants!

S/C/G: 223/223/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammasita View Post
Stress is a big trigger for me too. It's hard to live as a married couple with roomates, but it's not completely impossible.

Try to have a (healthy) snack before you go grocery shopping. Going hungry will tempt you to buy things that aren't all that great, at least thats how I get lol.....and definitely get some fruits and veggies for you to snack on!

Good luck with your paper!
We're lucky in that our roommate mostly holes up in his room so we don't see much of him. But when he is drunk or on painkillers he gets really chatty and it's a bit annoying (kind of funny, but annoying!)

We're going to eat dinner before we head out. Fried chicken with Mac and cheese and green beans! Not healthy, really, but its my last chance to eat fried chicken before we kick this diet off. Also, I want to use up what I have left of my bread crumbs.

I am excited about my produce red bell peppers, carrots, celery, apples, NECTARINES!!!!!, and bananas. That just for me. Who knows what hubby will want!

Next time I have a paper due though...I am stocking up on veggies beforehand. I know the stress will make me want to eat and rather than try to write a decent paper while battling my lack of willpower, I will just have a healthy binge. I'll have to learn better coping mechanisms eventually though
BananaMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #4  

Yeah stress gets us all. I remember writing papers in school I would go through an entire bag of potato chips. It sounds like the Healthy bing is a better choice. I hope you do well on your diet.
SnowGirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote