General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/196/170

Unhappy Not sure where I fit in...

I posted my Introduction a few days ago and didn't get any replies, which is kinda discouraging from already feeling discouraged.

I am disappointed in myself for not only not sticking to what I know is right and it taking almost 2 years to get the gained baby weight off, but for also sabatoging my progress when I do make it. I tried to reach out the other day and it seemed like no one was there to listen or offer advice. I know what I need to do, I just don't know why it is so hard this time to get back on the right path without caving to the wrong foods...this time it seems like the hardest time to start again.

It feels so frustrating.
chubnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #2  

Hi there! I know it can be discouraging not getting any responses. I'm not quite sure what catches people's attention in the intros or anything. Despite the fact that I've been out of town the past few days, I'm not that great with commenting intros myself. I try to, but then get distracted and if I do comment, I forget to come back and check it out. Anyway! Hi, I'm Steph and like you and I'm sure most people, I'm also struggling with discouragement. We can try to be optimistic and motivate each other though?

What is your ultimate goal (if you're willing to share)? How much weight would you like to lose or whatnot? Have you already decided what route you're going to take to accomplish your goal? I myself am kind of trying to decide whether I want to stick with calorie counting or try a low-carb diet as I've done in the past. Of course there will be lots and lots of sweating-both literally and figuratively!

In any case, I wish you the best of luck!
essbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #3  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Hey!

Welcome to 3FC. I have to admit, I normally don't check out the introductions section. Not to be mean or anything but there's only so much I can read.

FWIW, I also took a LONG time to lose the baby weight (it took about 2.5-almost 3 years before I was back to my prepregnancy weight) so I get that struggle.

Stick around and try posting in some of the forums that might apply to you. Weight Loss Support is great if you're just starting out and still trying to figure out where you belong. Also, join some of the challenges and just start talking and asking lots of questions.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 172/144.4/130

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Hi! I am fairly new here as well. I didn't even bother posting an intro. I picked a group that was following the same diet as me and started posting there. Maybe you could as well? There are groups for all different types of diets as well as groups of people all about the same age. I joined the sugar busters group and was welcomed with open arms.

Pregnancy weight is no joke! I am just now starting to lose mine, and my son will be a year old in a couple of months. I also have PCOS so that makes it more difficult. I tried weight watchers in the beginning and it didn't work for me the way it has in the past. Thankfully the no sugar diet seems to be agreeing with me, and the weight is finally coming off!
ErinT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #5  

Thanks Ladies...I appreciate your time.

I don't mind sharing at all. I lost 113 lbs before I got pregnant. She will be 2 in 2 months and currently I want to lose 25. I am not trying to get skinny by any means. I really should lose 50...but 25 will be enough to make me feel so much better and satisfied with myself.

When I successfully lose weight, I calorie count...and workout. Currently I do Zumba 3 days a week. I started that last summer and dropped 15 lbs...I have since gained 6 of those back over the holidays...just enough that my pants aren't fitting as loose and my brain knows it. So discouraging to put your mind to it and do so well and still feel like you can't start the process again.

I am on the right track besides caving to the foods I shouldn't be eating...my mind knows I can do it...but I am struggling to stop giving into temptation.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #6  

I usually do small goals as well, they seem easier to grasp and succeed with. My normal one is 20 lbs at a time...but right now it is just getting through this week not eating things that I shouldn't...fingers crossed that I will succeed. I started this morning and so far so good.

I also don't buy myself anything until I meet a goal...I took my oldest daughter shopping this weekend and saw some really great sales and just couldn't get into the mood. I know nothing would fit me right and I refuse to buy bigger sizes...besides, I have a whole closet full of things that I haven't been able to wear in over 2 years that will feel new to me when I can wear them again anyway.

My weekly goal I like to hit is 2 lbs a week...that would be around May 5th...so I then give myself a cushion as we all know nothing goes as planned...and I make it June 30th. So I hope to lose my 25 lbs and be bac to my prepregnancy weight by June 30th.

Sounds and feels good to type it out...now I need to get my mind and temptation to believe that this CAN and WILL happen!
Old 02-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #7  

That is the hardest part - just making the decision and doing it. For me, it seems like the first couple of weeks are pretty rough. Then I'm fine and committed for a long time, until I get pretty close to my goal and get lazy. But that is AWESOME that you do zumba 3 days a week. That is more than me! I can diet and all that but I HATE to exercise. Even having buddies to go with and a gym that is open 24 hours a day 3 minutes from my house doesn't motivate me!!!

I think rewarding yourself for small achievements is important, too. I bought myself a new purse the other day. I deserved it.

Who doesn't put on weight during the holidays? You most definitely CAN do this - you just have to get started and stick with it! Don't let some extra holiday pounds discourage you. Get your eye on the prize and get after it.

So you have an April baby, too? Mine will be 1 in April.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #8  

Thanks ErinT! Actually she is an end of March Baby! I love Zumba...you should try it. I actually go to Zumba with the same people I went to the gym with and watched the clock slowly go by until our workout time was over, each week shaving 5 minutes off the time of our workout until we just didn't go anymore.

Our gym started offering Zumba so we decided to try it...it is SO much fun! It's an hour class and sometimes it feels like only 15 minutes went by...our hearts are racing and we are sweating the entire hour. Our gym fizzled Zumba out, so we followed the instructor to the locafion of her other classes...the classes are now packed and everyone loves them.

Zumba helped me so much lose 15 lbs from the end of August to middle of November...2 of those months I earned free Zumba from being the biggest loser in the class!

You should give it a try!
Old 02-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #9  

Do you have to have any kind of coordination whatsoever to do Zumba? I can't even do Tai Bo because I can't get my hands and feet moving the right way!
Old 02-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #10  

I am sure you do, but I don't LOL...nor do many from my class. After awhile you get the moves down, but at first I was so focused and determined to do that, that I didn't worry what others thought or what I looked like. After awhile I realized that there really is no time to watch how others looked because everyone is so focused on the instructor or themselves. I can't do it all at first either...if I did, I would fall for sure. I can either do feet or arms. I choose feet of course because that is the main step and the best workout...once I get the moves down with my feet, I can learn the arms and then eventually put them together. My instructor did show me a trick where you relax your arms in front of you kind of flopping at your wrists and as your feet and body move, your arms naturally go with them...it does work, but I do look REALLY silly. LOL.

Most instructors will encourage you ti work at it at your own pace and find what works for you. My instructor works in front of a mirror, but I found it easier to watch her feet in front of me and not through the mirror...I got so used to that and comfortable with it that I had problems the first class she decided to wear different shoes. LOL...I had trained myself to always watch where her shoes were and I had a hard time following along when I couldn't find the normal shoes that day. LOL
Old 02-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #11  

Maybe I should get a video and start with that!