Old 02-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker!/135

Height: 5'6

Default Eating awful, and losing weight?

I've been trying to lose weight for 10 weeks now. I've lost about 14 pounds total, and it has been a struggle the whole way. Normally I have huge fluctuations in my weight, I'll be 3 pounds heavier one day and back down to my lowest weight the next. This week I have fallen off the wagon a little.. I've been having fast food, eating awful, not exercising, etc. My weight has not fluctuated in the least this week. I have stayed steady at my lowest weight. I am guessing that this means I'm not taking in enough calories when I am working to lose weight, but I figured I would get some of your opinions on it. What do yall think is causing this?
SWhite0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #2  
Ailsa

S/C/G: 189/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

For me sometimes if I eat really healthy and then "zig zag" for a few days ie vary the amount of calories I take in, my body responds in a loss. But also don't forget that it could be things like water weight or the amount of food you're eating isn't as "heavy" and the healthy things you ate before, and your weight seems to be lower. But as you said it's fast food and stuff like that, my body atleast will catch up to me within a week or two with a gain once i've gone without exercising etc. But if you get back on track and monitor your weight and it doesn't go back up, congrats! just go with the loss and be excited! good luck!
AilsaPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #3  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Your body doesn't respond to good habits immediately. The damage you are doing by eating junk may not show up on the scale today, but it will show up eventually. It's a slippery slope... get back on plan!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #4  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Also, I took a peek at your blog.

I lose in a sawtooth tragectory, just like your chart. Even when 100% on plan. It's normal. You're a woman, you retain water, your hormones throw things out of wack. Do not let it get you discouraged!!! Power through .
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Have you stayed within your calories?

For me, weight loss was calories in vs calories out. It didn't matter if I ate fast food or healthy food—I had to watch how many calories I was consuming. During weight loss I ate out around two or three times a week and still lost weight.

I do eat out less now, because my fiance and I are trying to save for our wedding, but I still watch my calories.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote