Old 02-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #1  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Default I seem to be maintaining

I was lingering around 170/172 from Thanksgiving through New Years.

Now, I'm lingering around 168/170. 167.5 has been my lowest and I changed my ticker. I'm going to change it back to 170 until I can get it moving downwards again.

I'm not alarmed that I'm not losing. It is obvious that a) I have learned to eat in a fashion that is allowing maintenance (and that is better than eating in a way to stimulate gaining) and b) my (lousy) metabolism has adjusted to this fashion of eating.

I am hopeful that with the longer daylight hours and the coming of spring and all it brings with it (in season veg, warm weather, renewed energy) that I can kick it back into high gear, shave a few calories off my daily load, get back to what was really working to lose it, and get my butt moving by walking outside again.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #2  

You never know: Maybe your body is just adjusting to its new weight and you'll drop some when you least expect it. I like your attitude, though: You're not pressuring yourself or thinking about doing something like drastically slashing your calories.

I'm not sure what kind of activity you do, but I've found that I was able to eat a lot more than I thought and still lose, and I attribute that to the fact that I incorporate a lot of activity into my everyday routine (besides my exercise). Maybe increasing your activity would help (although, again, maybe you do enough already---not sure since you didn't mention that in your post).
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #3  

I am right there with you. I've been stuck for the same amount of time, and almost the same weight even!

I've tried increasing my calories by 100-200 per day, increasing my exercise by 30 a day, dropping exercise for a couple of weeks, and now all that's left is lowering my calories a couple hundred per day, but that will put me at 1200 calories, and I just don't know if I can do it! I've been measuring too, and that hasn't budged much either.

I just wanted to say - I can relate.
LindaWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #4  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

lin, I'm an original couch potato...lol I try to do exercises at the office...during lunch sometimes I will do crunches, leg lifts, squats, arm twirls and pushoffs (off a counter like a modified push up but slanted and not so horizontal). I guess every little bit helps, but I was doing some walking around town when the weather was nicer and I'd like to begin that again. That was more about getting out and about than for weight loss. If I had the cash (and I always say time, but I could make the time), I'd probably join a gym and focus on core workouts.

Still, I'm pleased with my loss thus far, and I'm fine with the maintenance part of it too because I know even if I continue with what I'm doing food-wise that eventually the scale will move, and when (not if!!) I rev it up a little more, I'll start chipping away at the pounds again. 160 is not a terribly unrealistic goal....and too perhaps my body is readjusting to the shock of 30 pounds gone. Trust me tho, 20 pounds ago, I was a lune about getting the weight off, stat! Now it doesn't seem like a hurry anymore. I'm embracing every day.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote