Old 02-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/256.3/160

Height: 5'10"

Default A Few NSV Today!

Two weeks ago I started a weight lifting program. It was something I had been trying to get started for over a month, but other things kept getting in the way. I finally made myself determined enough to start so now M-F I wake up at 5am to get in an hour's workout before going to work.

My weight hasn't changed much (which is what I was expecting) and neither have my measurements. Imagine my surprise, when going through my closet looking for something to wear out tonight, that I could pull up and button with no problem my size 16 NY&C slacks! I tried them on a few weeks ago and I major stomach spillage! While they are not quite to the point that I wear in public yet (maybe next week!), I just could not believe it!!! Going with that, I tried on my NY&C blouse.... and that "fits" too! It's a little small and pulls around my chest, but I can button it up. I mean holy cow. It's a large.. no X or 1X or XX! I try some other larges on and they all fit the same - a little small but wearable very soon!

Do you guys remember those long button up collared shirts that were popular a few years back? It was my favorite shirt to wear and it fits, except it pooches at the chest (I could get away with wearing it with a cami underneath). I took my belt that I wear empire-waist style and it fell down to my natural waist. I wear it with my sweater dresses that have belt loops so I never noticed it was too big!

I am in cloud nine right now and a total believer in weight lifting now!! I have been feeling a difference, but not really seeing one. Now that I can SEE a difference in the way those clothes fit, it is a real eye-opener for me.

I was 215 in Sept. and those clothes didn't come near fitting. I bounced around 215-209 since then and around 213 at the beginning - mid January. I tried on the clothes around mid-Jan and they were still very tight, major spillage. Only just a few weeks later and they fit so much better!

I haven't lost a lot weight since Sept (6 pounds), but my clothes are fitting better and hopefully it means a should have a big swoosh coming up!
KatTheAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #2  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

That's AWESOME!! Congrats on the victory! This is the encouragement I needed for myself! I've been having difficulty with losing the weight and I've started weight lifting. I just need to be patient and you're helping me with that!

Keep up the awesome work!
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote