Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-31-2012, 12:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175.6/Ticker/143

Height: 5'4''

Arrow Cravings..

Okay, So Its been a month. I've lost 13 pounds..
What scares me is that its almost been too easy.. I mean, My first goal was not to eat chocolate or drink soft drinks for a month. My month is up tomorrow. And I havent had any cravings.
And last year, I used to crave chocolate ALL THE TIME. I guess it was because of the sugar in my system at ALL times. Thats pretty much how this all started. I felt like I was completely addicted.
Sure, I think about chocolate and other unhealthy type of foods. But I dont crave it like I used to. I can sit at work with a bar of chocolate infront of me, and I dont feel like I have to take a bite.
The difference in one month with healthy food is crazy.

So my question is. Have any of you guys had this before? Do you usually have cravings in the beginning of your diet, and then it gets better? Or have anyone had no cravings, and then it gotten bad later on?

What Im worried about is not craving anything now, and then later on it might all come crashing down, and then I'll regain everything again.

Any thoughts?
Eurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #2  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

great big kudos to you, you lost 13 pounds in just one month! me be a wee bit jealous.
but I also am suppressing and overcoming my nasty addiction. sugar, booze and simple carbs. i can not even slip up and eat whole wheat pasta because I can not portion control carbs. So I am over them! I have been eating hot hot spicy foods, chipolte peppers in adobe sauce, made by goya brands. franks hort sauce on everything. great big enormous belly stretching salads but no fattening/sugary dressings. Just horse radish .
lucindaarrowspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

I once read that the body can be "trained" to crave certain foods and not crave others. So if you hate, say, broccoli but you make yourself eat it regularly, you'll "learn" to like it and even crave it. If you cut out soda, you'll eventually stop craving it. Examples supporting this (at least for me) are my own diet and my Mom's. When she was a kid, she hated sauerkraut but her mother made her eat a spoonful every time they had it. Today, she loves the stuff. My changes have been more dramatic and deliberate - I purposely removed soda from my diet. Now I don't want it, it seems too sweet and kinda gross. Most of my liquid intake comes from water, I easily drink at least 40 ounces every day. I've been up since 10:30 and in about 2 hours I had already downed 20 ounces just sitting in class. I also removed junk food and have only really craved it once in months. After satisfying the urge, I was over it. Now to add in the veggies I don't like...
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #4  

Hm, Thats interesting. Kinda like my oatmeal breakfast. In the beginning it was kinda plain and boring, but now I love it.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/136/120

Height: 5'5"

I'm totally where you are re: cravings! I mean, I've only been dieting 2 weeks, but the fact that I haven't had any cravings almost scares me o_0 I'm not losing weight very fast, but the lack of cravings makes this new diet such a pleasure that I don't really mind! (I gave up refined carbs, basically)

13 lbs in one month....WOW! =D That's pretty incredible, keep up the great work!
JoJoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 357/ticker/157

Height: 5'6"

I know what you mean about switching the cravings around. I used to crave Pepsi. Now that I've been drinking Crystal Light instead of soda, I can't STAND the taste of Pepsi. I had a sip the other day, and it was so gross to me. I love Crystal Light, and drinking tons of it means I'm getting tons of water.

I notice I'm not as hungry since I've cut sugar way back. Now I can eat a piece of string cheese, and I'm fine until lunch or dinner. When I drank lots of Pepsi and ate junk food, I was *always* hungry.
saltatoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoP View Post
I'm totally where you are re: cravings! I mean, I've only been dieting 2 weeks, but the fact that I haven't had any cravings almost scares me o_0
Yeah, it scares me too. Its been getting a little worse. But its not actually a craving yet. Im still wondering if Im gonna wake up one day and its going to get really bad. Or if I just simply have way more self control than I thought..Since Im so focused. IDK..
Old 02-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 132/129/123

Height: 5'5

What diets are you doing? I feel like no matter what I try i am ALWAYS craving sweets!
LoveSweetsCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I am doing Ideal Protein. when I crave sweets I have a cup of coffee with a splenda and a tsp of Walden Farms chocolate syrup and i can almnost convince myself it is a mocha!!
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSweetsCA View Post
What diets are you doing? I feel like no matter what I try i am ALWAYS craving sweets!
Im not on a specific diet. I pretty much just decided to change everything that Im eating, and stay away from sweets. (especially chocolate and softdrinks).
So I put my own diet together judged by the things I know are healthy.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #11  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb

I have changed my eating plan for nearly four years now. After many back and forth trips, I am convinced that the main trigger for cravings for me was added sugar. The more sugar I remove from my food plan the less I have a craving for that AND greasy junk food. I have lost nearly 60 lbs as a result. I know that I will keep it off too. I eat more sanely and so it makes losing weight much easier.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 132/129/123

Height: 5'5

i eat very healthy - fruits/veggies/nuts/lean proteins. I always have dessert and always have something sweet during the day. I am going to try cutting carbs and see what happens. I hate cutting out fruit though!
LoveSweetsCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamatga View Post
IThe more sugar I remove from my food plan the less I have a craving for that AND greasy junk food.
Wow, 60 pounds? Thats great. Since my goal was not to eat chocolate for a whole month, I guess thats what helped me with the cravings. I dont usually eat junk food, so Im good on that part.
Since its been a month, Im making brownies this weekend. But I might have to go another month without chocolate to make sure I stay on track. Or atleast two weeks at a time.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

The sanity part is the best thing in all this. Eating refined carbs made my life difficult to live, on the one hand because I was constantly thinking of how and when I could get more, and on the other because it provoked mood swings that made me very very sad at times. Now that I have kept away from sugars for more than a month, I can live with a huge chocolate cake in the fridge --I bought it for the kids, and don't even think about it-- and make myself toast. At the beginning of this "adventure" I did not dare eat any carbs, but now I realize that I am so much in control that I can now and then eat something --a slice of bread, a tiny piece of pie-- and I don't get out of control. What amazes me most is that I don't have to make any effort to stop eating bread or pie: I just have the portion I decide I would have, usually very very small, and that is it. I remember a cousin of mine would help herself to one icecream spoonful for dessert, while all of us ate a overbrimming cup. I thought she was crazy! Now I understand her... She lost a lot of weight in her early twenties and never gained them back, and most probably she had just stopped craving unhealthy stuff. We will all get there, people, if we support one another! let's go for it!

Last edited by inglesita64; 02-04-2012 at 07:56 AM.
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I would kill to not have cravings. My problem is that I don't give myself enough time to get over them before I give in again. I do know that I would have lost more weight in jan if I had just not binged over the weekends. And for me, my carb love is pasta. I'm not as obsessed with chocolate or other sweets. I'm not a huge potato person. But I could eat pasta every day of my life for every meal. Don't know why. I just love it. And whole wheat pasta isn't good enough because it tastes weird to me. I was doing pretty well but I gave in yesterday. And now of course I'm beating myself up about it which I shouldn't be. But I am really hoping that one of these days that craving will go away. And I'll be able to move forward without sabotaging myself.
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote