South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 06:40 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default SBD Daily Chat - Tuesday, January 31

Hey all,
Anyone want coffee? This morning I tried out my new coffee maker. I had a Chemex, which I broke on Sunday night (I thought they were unbreakable, but whatever..) I ran to the discount store yesterday and got a basic black and decker drip for about $22. It works fine, but I set up the coffee last night and inadvertently programmed it to make coffee at 3am, but no matter. I think I used too much coffee, but it's all a learning process right?

Today: work, then pick up son, then my centering prayer group at church. Should be a chill day. Hope everyone has a great one!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mornin' Matilda!! Your centering group at church sounds great, I need to find something like that when I'm not working. YAY for a new coffee maker. It annoys me that event the more expensive ones break just as fast.

Got home from seeing the P's last night. Idiot that I am, left my iPod at the airport, so I'm sure someone is enjoying that right now. LOL...wonder if they're enjoying the surgery and bed ulcer pics on there?! Anyway, I realized on the way home that I need to put my big girl panties on, take a few days off from work, even if they're unpaid, and spend a few days with mom. Dad is going to leave us soon, and she's losing it pretty bad. I will definately have to make sure there's some coffee down there! I'll do some cooking and cleaning for her, those aren't on her agenda right now. Maybe send her to a masseuse one day too, we'll see.

Until then, I need to clean up the eating from the weekend. Mom will enjoy a lot of the SBD foods, so I'll prob make some of those. Probably not much eating out, when it's only me vs. my whole family.

The Walter (kitten) sure did miss me. He's purring on my lap, grooming me. What a little light they bring into our lives.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:01 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aw, Mathilda, I hate when that happens. I am loving my Keurig coffee but must make a trip to town to get more K-cups. The little fill-it-yourself ones are handy but the pre-filled ones are so handy.

Twynn, I have been thinking of you over the weekend and have an idea what you are going through. Stay as strong as you can. I think a couple of days for just you are a great idea as is spending some time with your mother.

A lovely 3" of fluffy stiff fell overnight and covered up some of the grubby snow and ice. Unfortunately the temperature tomorrow is going to soar and bring rain so it will melt. Cottage is coming to visit for a long weekend mid-February and I need to drum up more snow so she sees what a real Canadian winter looks like.

Got my eyes tested yesterday and got heck from my optometrist. I knew but had forgotten that diabetics need an eye test yearly. I haven't had one for three years. No problems though. My left eye distance vision has deteriorated slightly so I need just one new lens. Whew! I also still have that wee cataract but he says it is very small and can stay there as long as it doesn't interfere with my vision.

Nothing essential on the schedule today but I'm sure I'll fill the time. The great Quilt Fabric Sorting Marathon will continue. I'm getting better at "If you don't love it, pitch it!" and will also schedule in some time to put the borders on the current quilt top. I've set myself a goal to make one quilt top per month for Victoria's Quilts and need to finish this one today. February's goal may be a bit of a problem unless I put Cottage to work. (I do have three working sewing machines and two boat anchors.)

A grapefruit is calling me - the last of the ones from the high school fundraiser that were so yummy.

Let's kick the heck out of this last day of "recovery" month and charge into January full of "pi$$ and vinegar" as Grandpa used to say.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:06 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Matilda, thanks for getting us started this morning! It sounds like you had some pretty early coffee! I hope your day is bump-free. Your centering group sounds like a great way to wind it down.

Twynn, double ouch for your loss of ipod. Frustrating when we just have too much stuff happening at once. Taking some time off is difficult but it sounds like it's something you need to do. It is sure complicated and emotional, I would imagine. Take care!

Ruth, keep on truckin' with the quilting energies! Glad to hear you didn't need much of a lens change even if the Dr gave you heck!

Me, trying to get into my routine while taking care of everyone elses scheduling. Frustrating morning....I went to bed early thinking I could get some stuff done early but DH tends to follow me down now. Finally I went back to bed so he'd go back to bed and now he's sleeping. I'm going to try to fit in my rebounder and stretches before I wake him again.

Have a great day everyone! I have a food plan and I'm going to stick to it!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/254/150

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone! Tried out the recipe for Belgian Waffles (found on this forum) for breakfast this morning and was pleasantly surprised. They didn't puff up the way flour-based waffles do but the taste and texture was quite similar especially with a bit of sf syrup.

On tap for today - work, walk with the pup & yoga.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:05 AM   #6  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning ladies! Thanks for the extra coffee, love it. We have a Keurig but it does get pricey doesn't it. And we have an 'old fashioned' drip which I depend on because of the programmable timer. Some days it's only that fragrance that gets me out of bed, lol.

Still trying to pick up what's going on with everyone's lives with the posts. Twynn, sorry for the loss of the ipod! and best wishes with your family situation.

Hello to everyone else Today's my Friday, so when I have off tomorrow, I can catch up on reading. Have a great day!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:08 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning challenging night here so I've got a round of calls to make as soon as the docs are in. I'll be back later!

Holly- the coffee maker is my alarm too. I'd much rather wake up to the smell of coffee than to a traditional alarm.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning everyone,

Unless I get up in the wee hours of the morning, life gets pretty chaotic in my household these day, LOL. At least I have my coffee to keep me sane.

Amber starts riding her new bus route today, and it was a big deal for all of us to walk to the stop at the end of the lane. She knows a lot of the kids on the bus, so she's happy.

Twynne, you've been in my thoughts and prayers a lot lately. I agree that you are going to need to take some "me" time, and I hope your stay with your mother goes well. Don't forget to take care of yourself.

Ruth, I'll see about stashing some K-cups in my suitcase for you, or we can drive across the river to Watertown for some shopping. And that would be fun helping you sew quit tops, I won't mind at all, as long as you don't mind my mild swearing, .

Off to the farm. It should be a quiet day with Cindy off foxhunting and the girls in school. We have Young Rembrandts and gymnastics afterwards, so it will be a late night for me.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:24 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

I'm back We have a 1pm doctor's appt. an hour away so I have a little time to play. We think DW is either having a problem with one of her meds or has some kind of annoying bug or bacteria. Life on immune suppressants is certainly interesting.

Matilda - I do love my programmable coffee maker. Once I overground the coffee and used too much. the last coffee maker was never right after that

Speaking of coffee, must stop at the Co-op and get more so I don't have to settle for grocery store coffee.

Twynn - a little time for yourself before and after visiting with you mother will make a big difference. Kittens are a magic cure, that's why we fall for them, makes us forget the 4 am crazies, cat barf, and other little joys.

Ruth - Glad your eye appointment went well. It has been the weirdest winter around here too. I am so ready to just get gardening.

Debbie - hope you were able to squeeze in a little you time.

Lynn - I love yoga! Enjoy yours

Cottage - good thing you have coffee for your long day. One of these days we really need to make Vermont a pit-stop on your way to Ruth's place.

Okay, going to get a little work done then get things ready for our trek north. hope they have some answers
Old 01-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me this morning too much on my plate, still doing good eating OP, hoping the scale cooperates this weighin.

Twynn- don't you hate it when you leave something behind, we lost DD2 Nintendo DS games that way she left her case with all of games behind, only had the one left in the game console at least she didn't lose that too. Good luck with time spend with mom.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hey, all!

I've had a busy morning: emptied out our "luggage closet" so DH could get in and caulk (thanks to the energy audit); yoga at the gym; Target and Michaels shopping; La Bamba casserole in the oven for lunch; multiple calls to tech support because my email isn't working again (and they are "working on it). Now I'm doing some computer stuff while I wait for lunch to bake.

Matilda - I never drink coffee at home and have no idea how to make it!

Twynn - Bummer about the iPod. Your parents are lucky to have you.

Ruth - Glad to hear your eyes are fine. I miss grapefruit; can't have it since I take statins. Envious!

Debbie - Those darn men in our lives! Are you having warm weather like we are?

Lynn - Sounds yummy.

Holly - It gets challenging to follow everyone one here sometimes! Especially since my memory is soooo bad.

Cyndi - Hope things are okay!!!

Linda - I can only imagine! Foxhunting - wow. Just like something out of a novel.

Rose - Kudos for staying OP.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #12  

Good Afternoon, guess I am bring up the late shift on here. But that's ok, more for me to read.

It is 45 degrees here, and what little snow we had is melting, I hate to think of more coming, I just want Spring.

I need to look for coffee at some sort of Co Op, it is so expensive in the grocery stores and I prefer a better brand, since I drink it black, I want good favor but no favored coffee for me.

Twynn hope things get better, this time of their lives is so hard on everyone, them and family. Think of good memories when you feel you can't take it any more.

Everyone else, take care.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:59 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Chickadee - I am such a coffee snob. I also drink mine black and no flavor. I prefer very dark. I've found three different local roasters so far. I llike the co-ops around here because they have the whole beans in bulk so I can try as much as I want.

So no sign of infection, definitely good news. Probably not a med problem except side effects of several meds combined. Hopefully the new anti-nausea meds will settle things down. We did tell them we are switching off the canned "food" and using blenderized whole foods, no problem with that. Now DW is sleeping and I'm working on my second pot of coffee. I was up at 4 and need to be awake until 11 and coffee is the only magic I've got
Old 01-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

That is good news, Cyndi. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you two that the anti-nausea meds do the trick.
Closed Thread