Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 09:58 PM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default Fabulous Forties And Then Some.....#137

Hi everyone,

Now there are so many posts to respond to, and I don't remember who wrote what! That "sometimers" disease strikes quickly....:lol

Dianne,
glad you're back with us, just knowing that everyone is ok, and what they're doing, is very important to me. I've become very fond of everyone here. Little Jessalyn sounds so cute! My Matthew is a whirling dervish.....he calls me "Gam", and calls his grandpa "Joe", which cracks eveyone up.
Hope you're feeling okay.

Es,
BUSTED!!! that points lady is too funny; tell her to give it up! Tell David "Happy Birthday" for me if I forget between now and this weekend, ok?

Terri,
I know what you mean about watching the videos of the kids. I cry over everything!

The Shield will be starting soon. I'm going to run. Tomorrow I'll re-read everyone's posts on the old thread and catch up with all of you!

~Jen
Old 02-25-2003, 10:10 PM   #2  

I am right on top of things this time, Jen!!!!! Thanks for starting the new thread up!
Old 02-26-2003, 09:15 AM   #3  

Hi All!

Dianne,
Oh, I hope you get better soon. I hate when it hits the whole house. Thanks for asking about Bruce. He is doing better but still sore.

Donna,
I took a pregnancy test when Brittany was like 7 months old. I really thought I was pregnant. The weird thing was that I did not want to be pregnant since Britts was only 7 mon. old and when the test was negative I felt so sad. Like the baby died when there wasn't even a baby in the first place. The mind is so powerful. Good luck. If it is the start of men. maybe you will be lucky like Dianne.

Ruth,
What a great choice in names. She sounds like such a cutie.
The sleet hit yesterday morning. They had to close roads. Now it is just a little cold and rainy.
WOW. That is a lot of classes. Good luck to you. I know you can do it.

Es,
Bruce's neck is better but still stiff. He gets so stressed so easily.
He is going to Colorado Springs on April 1st for 6 weeks on extended TDY. He will come home every 2 weeks. Then in June we will go to Ohio for a week and celebrate my mom and dad's 50th (I hope he makes it) anniversary. Then we will go to Colorado Springs for 6 weeks again. I loved it last year.
Too funny abount the Points lady. See we are all normal. That happens to all of us. I wish it was possible to be perfect.
My grandmother was 105-108 pounds all of her life. She was the prime example of someone who ate to live. I live to eat.
She actually didn't like food. Can you imagine?
Hope you feel better.

Jen,
I heard the Shield was good. I like that Mike Chiklas (spell?).
I never heard of dervish. He sounds so cute. Enjoy these years it is going to go so fast. Of course Brittany thinks she will never give me grandchildren. She always says I am never having a kid (Cause of the pain and 'in her words' grossness "). I always tell her "I am writing that in my book." I have an imaginary book that I tell her I am writing all the things down that she says she won't want to do but I KNOW she will.

I did the Leslie Sansone 3 mile on Monday and will do it agin today. Britts and are doing it. It is nice. You don't have to be to cooordinated.
Well, I am going to catch up on some e-mail.
TTYL,
Terri
Old 02-26-2003, 09:31 AM   #4  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Wednesday Morning y'all ~

Do any of you realize that me, Zoe, am here typing this during the weekday workday? Well, I'm home. We have had a severe winter storm here ~ some snow but lots of ice and not a single car is out on the road. Of couse, me, from the northeast, can venture out and not think anything of it. The people here in Texas just don't know how to act in this weather. Our offices have a delayed opening until 10am and I will try to leave soon but I can bet that most won't show today.

I'm sorry that I've been scarce and have not responded to the posts here. I have been still trying to get myself back into the swing of things since vacation. Also with my eating. Yes, I'm having a hard time keeping within my points after all that eating I did on my cruise. Hopefully, I won't have another gain come Saturday and maybe lose that pound I took on.

Well, I'm going to get ready to try and leave here soon. Just wanted to say hello to all my friends. Have a wonderful Wednesday and I'll talk to you's guys later.

Me <><
Old 02-26-2003, 10:04 AM   #5  

Morning buddies:

Still home, coughing and sneezing and looking like a worn out dish rag (but willie loves me anyway!) Thought I would be able to go back today, but this respiratory infection is kicking my butt and I know if I attempted to go in, I'd wind up leaving early and being out tomorrow. So, the heck with it, even though I feel guilty thinking about my co-workers, but hey this is the situation that management created. It will get worse this summer when there will be only 3 workers in the office and someone goes on vacation every two weeks. If during that time, someone else should get sick, that will leave one person in the office with 4 chiefs, including the President! Let's see what happens then.
Anyway, we are going to hold a meeting of all the assistants and all the chiefs to let them know that the situation they are creating will not work well and see if we can convince them to keep one more person.

Ruth - congrats on that granddaughter and what a beautiful name - I know Terri agrees Maybe in a few years you will catch up to me, but somehow I doubt it I can't believe no one's had a baby in the past year so far. We're still at 14, but remember I still have Justin and Alana to go, they're still in college so hopefully that won't be for a few years!

Es - I heard we might get snow again too, but they're being kind of wishy washy saying if it goes a certain way, we may not get any, but if it goes the other way, we could get 6 inches. I'm really tired of this snow already, I mean we have not had a winter like this in NY in quite some time. I guess we got spoiled. Karinna sounds adorable.

Jen - You must get tons of snow - or is it just REALLY cold weather? So cute that matthew calls you gam and Joe, Joe, lol. They are so adorable when they start talking.

Terri - Glad to hear Bruce's neck is a little better. He must be stressed with what happened in recent events. Sounds great going back to Colorado Springs, the kids will probably be excited.
Britts is a typical teenage girl about being grossed out about babies, She will change her mind! It reminds me of Justin when he was younger, someone mentioned where babies come from and he had a fit. He was yelling, that's disgusting!! He just couldn't believe it, lol.

Hey ZoeGirl - don't worry too much about the food. You'll get back in the swing of things soon. It is hard after having all that food at your beck and call - now you want it to stop calling you already You'll be fine.

Donna - take the test if you're really concerned. It will settle your mind one way or the other.

Hey Janie and Sandy - how are you guys?

We'll let me go be lazy for another day. Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by decemberdianne; 02-26-2003 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:53 AM   #6  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Ruth,
Congrats on your newest grandbaby! Wow, 5 and another on the way, how cool. I'd love to be surrounded by grandchildren Jess and Mike aren't having any more, and Joey isn't even dating anyone seriously, so it'll be a while before we have a baby in the family again. Matt has grown so quickly, I can't believe he'll be 3 in June.
You're doing so well in school, full-time! I'm proud of you. I didn't take a class this semester and am finding I miss it, more than I thought I would. I'll probably take a fall class.

Dianne,
I hope you're in bed, babying yourself and on the road to recovery. I wouldn't be surprised if the stress at work is contributing (negatively) to your health. Feel better soon!

Terri,
When we sit down to watch The Shield, I'm actually nervous! they can be so bad, I worry what will happen. It's a great show, and Michael Chiklis (SP?) is HOT!

Zoe,
the newsclips yesterday showed the Texas roads in awful shape. Be careful when you're out there!

I've got to run....HI to Es, Sandy, Janie, Donna
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 02-26-2003 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:41 PM   #7  

Dianne,
Yes you're right Alexander LeGrand is "ALexander the Great". The LeGrand middle name is a family tradition for the first born boy. I think it goes back 9 generations. Unfortunately we don't have any traditions for the girls.

Terri,
I'm so glad that you'll be going back to CO this summer. You had such a great time last year. We are still trying to figure out where we'll be going for spring break. Originally Steve had suggested Hawaii, but then we ended up having several unexpected expenses come up. The cat got sick $700 and our fence blew down $4000. That just about covered our Hawaii trip. Now we're going to take the camper somewhere for a low budget vacation.

Ruth,
Glad to hear you're keeping up with your classes. You must have enough units to be close to graduating soon.
WHat then?

Donna,
I have been having night sweats regularly for a few years now. I hate them. I am taking soy adn It keeps me from getting the hot flashes during the day time too, but I still get them at night. My period still arrives fairly steadily but one month it will last 6-8 days with heavy flow throughout (like right now) and the next month it will be 2-3 days with only 1 day of heavy flow. My mind can only figure that some months I am ovulating and some I am not.

I have to get to work so I can't address everyon but hope everyone is having a great Wed.
Hugs,
JanieD
Old 02-26-2003, 12:44 PM   #8  

Thumbs down

Hi

I can not believe I was able to get in here from my computer at work. I always have such a hard time. They probably did something so we won't go on the internet I'm on my lunch hour so just poppin in to see what's up with everybody.

Zoe, I heard on the news this morning about all the ice out there. I would be a nervous wreck if I had to drive. Be careful!

Dianne, the best thing you can do for yourself is rest. I always feel quilty when I have to take off. I have the time but there's only 2 secretaries for 50 people. We useto have 6. They've downsized so that leaves me & another lady who complains about how much work they're giving her all day long!!! Cuidate Amiga

Jen, I love our new name

Gotta go Girls.

Be back later.

Love,
Es
Old 02-26-2003, 01:09 PM   #9  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
I didn't realize I had changed the name of our thread we can go back on the next one. Things are rough for so many now at work; people are just happy to keep their jobs. I don't foresee many options if and when I do look for a job.

Janie,
Sorry about your spring break not being Hawaii....getting away with Steve and Ellen in your camper will be a good time, tho. It's always something, isn't it? That's very about the naming tradition in your family for the boys.

In spite of the findings about HRT I've been continuing to take it, but on a very modified basis. Instead of once a day, I've been getting by with only 2 doses one week, alternating with 3 doses the other week. While I am concerned about the possibility of side effects suck as heart problems, etc., I've also found that going without any HRT at all is not working. Hot flashes aside, if it were on occasion, I could live with it, but I refuse to use lubricants the rest of my life!

~Jen
Old 02-26-2003, 01:21 PM   #10  

You all have been so kind in listening to my griping and complaining about this situation I'm in. I agree Terri, if I'm concerned I ought to just bite the bullet and buy the stupid test and see if I'm pregnant. But I really feel that it's the the Pre-M issue. My doctor told me that because of my mother having breast cancer I can not take HRT's. So, I will need to find out what I can do. It's a risk no matter what you do I feel. But God knows the number of our days and when it's my time to go it's my time. It's funny I get daily newsletters on MSN med and they sent out a thing about Pre-menopause just last night. It was saying that many times it's hard for the doctors to diagnose that that is in fact what many women are going through when the blood tests will not reveal that the ovaries are slowing down. We run into a risk of heart disease (runs in my family) weight gain (I'm there) and cancer (yes, in my family too).

Zoe. I'm thinking of you with all that ice. Hope you are staying warm and safe.

Dianne, hope you feel better.

To everyone, again thanks for putting up with me and have a great afternoon!

Old 02-26-2003, 03:42 PM   #11  

Hey Jen - I agree with Es - I LOVE the new name - if okay with everyone, why don't we just keep it. Should we take a vote??

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 02-26-2003, 04:04 PM   #12  

I would like to cast my vote..... I vote for the new name!
Old 02-26-2003, 05:59 PM   #13  

Thumbs down

Hi

I vote for the new name

Janie, what happened to your cat that it costs $700? I feel so bad for you guys. Hawaii would have been great. Everything happens for a reason.

Terri, you have something to look forward to. I bet Britt is excited to go back.

Dianne, feeling any better? I'm listening to the news. They said 1-3 inches of snow. Not bad. As much as I love winter I'm kind of sick of the snow.

Let me go eat. It's my off day for working out.

Later,
Es
Old 02-27-2003, 11:39 AM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
That's great that you will be going to CO Springs again. I know how much you all liked it last year. What is TDY that Bruce is going for? I'd hate for Joe to be gone that long. 50 years for your folks is awesome....may we all live to celebrate that many years with our guys!
Survivor night! The women are whining and they still don't have a shelter, that's disappointing.

Dianne,
Hope you're feeling better!

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 02-27-2003 at 12:18 PM.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:23 PM   #15  

Dianne,
I hope you're feeling better, But at least if you're going to be sick it might as well be bad weather at the same time. Hope everyone back east stays out of the snow.

Jen,
You can't be giving up. It was you're tremendous attitude and success (and Zoe's) that got me back to working the program seriously. BTW WI was this morning and I lost 1 lb. I was very surprised cause this is my TOM. Please Don't let me down grlfriend!!!

Terri,
What was your favorite thing about CO Springs? What was Brit's? Just keep those in mind and the time will fly by. Weren't you saying you were possibly going to move there?

Essie,
I was exagerating a bit about Nicky's Vet fees. It wasn't quite $700 but it was over $600. He had blood in his urine (of course on the weekend) so we had to take him to the Kitty emergency room. That is $100 just to walk in the door plus tests and meds. Then Monday morning he was rechecked at our regular vet. 3 days later it turned out that the meds had Blocked up is intestinal tract, so we had to take him back to the vet for an enema and different meds. Poor kitty didn't know what was happening. It was a very expensive week. BTW to David!!! You'll do fine with the cake. Remember on WW you can eat everything you just have to watch you portions.

Hi to Sandy, LeeAnn. Donna, Ruth, and anyone I may have missed.
Janie
/179/154.5/143

Last edited by JanieD; 02-27-2003 at 12:26 PM.
Closed Thread