Old 01-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #1  
Thin Within

Talking Steel Magnolias #4

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a sunny day here in the ♥-Land. The temp is currently 37º and expected to climb to 67º with a low of 30º. That 67º will sure feel good when it gets here. This month has sure gone by fast for me for tomorrow is the last day of January and then we are off to February. I can put this month to bed with a smile on my face for I didn’t squander the time and lost ~ drum roll please ~ a whopping 5 pounds for the month. I can deal with that, for it puts a smile on my face and makes me feel real good. : Will is down 3 pounds for the month so we are going to celebrate and take a nice drive in the country and explore some places we have not yet been around here.

DONNA FAYE Hopefully they will replace your broken needles and you can have them for another project. I can just see in my mind’s eye that little child using that blanket you are making for a ra-ra when she is just learning to walk. Her own special little blanket ~ kids will do that. If she doesn’t do that maybe her mother will use it for a wall hanging. I have a beautiful bright stripped throw with scalloped edges that a dear friend my mother’s age that made for me when we lived out west. I have known that lady since I was 5 years old. Her husband worked for my father at the base and we were all like a big family always doing things together.

JEAN You flying away today to the land of enchantment. We will miss you while you are gone but be happy that you are having a great time. Have lots of fun in the serf and the sun and come back safe and tanned. I can just see you in my mind’s eye down at the beach sitting with a ring of folks around a fire with a beautiful leigh of flowers around your neck.

TREAT YOURSELF WITH NON-FOOD ITEMS
Instead of eating, reward yourself with a simple (and non-caloric) pleasure: a massage, thirty minutes of quiet time to read a novel, a new set of luxurious bath gels, or a pedicure.

TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND RELAX
Relax to lose weight. Close your eyes turn down the noise in your mind and concentrate on the sound of your own breathing. This simple relaxation exercise can bring new calm to a stressful day – and help you avoid turning to food as a stress reliever.

Have a wonderful week Magnolias.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #2  

Good morning, ladies! 45 degrees and heading for 60 this day with the sun shining. I hope Punxatawny Phil doesn't see his shadow on Thursday. I have to say we've had a very pleasant winter so far with the weather.

I quit my Jackson Hewitt job. My boss at my regular job left for a month in Hawaii and he asked me to come in every day for at least half a day although he'd prefer all day. He still likes me to oversee things when he is gone. The guys can take care of the recruiting end pretty well but not his legal practice. I have to start taking distributions from my IRA in March so I'll see how much a month that might be and I just might retire altogether at the end of the year. I have plenty of places to go and things to do to keep busy and I need to do them while I can. The arthritis in my hands is bothering me more and I probably will have to give up hand work in a few years.

One of my friend's died of breast cancer on Tuesday. She was only 58. We went to the funeral home Thursday night because her funeral was the same time as Sandy's nephew and I wanted to be there for her. Her nephew was only 38 years old but extremely obese. He left 5 children and his wife.

My experiement with following the Power Start menus last week resulted in a loss of 2 pounds! I was amazed because being below goal its very hard for me to lose. I'm going to follow another one of the booklets this week and see how that goes. The menus have a lot of food for 26 points and I'm never hungry and they even have some treats like cookies and pretzels in the snacks.

Have a great day - I have to get back to work.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #3  

Good afternoon, ladies! Sunny and high 60s today. I'm going for a walk during my lunch hour.

Faye, I forgot to mention yesterday that Sandy and I went to see One For the Money Sunday afternoon. It was a really good movie and followed the book pretty closely. I hope they make more.

Maggie, I'm enjoying the tips you have been posting. I find them helpful.

Have a great day!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:37 PM   #4  
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Tuesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is like a spring day here in the ♥-Land with the temp at 55º and fixin’ to get to 58º before the day is done with a low of 25º this night. I am chomping on a serving of jerky and some Cutie sections for my lunch as I type this. Life is good. Will wants tacos this evening so that will be do-able for sure. I have some shells and the burger out to thaw and will chop the veggies later. I put just a skiff of meat in mine and lots of veggies and salad. Works for me. It cracks me up how they figure the servings in some can goods. Will did some shopping today and came in with a can of fat free fried apples. The servings on the side said 3.3 servings per can. Even though it was fat free I just knew points were in there somewhere hiding and I got out my calculator and sure enough for it calculated out for 2 servings per can it would be 4 points + each. Lots of sugar lurking in there, One day I will open the can and serve it with crushed graham crackers sprinkled over the top for a nice fruit dessert. Right now it can stay in the cupboard till that day. I will be busy doing some typing for Will when I finish here.

SUSAN I do enjoy that "Power Foods List" for everything on it is something I really like. Have you done much cooking from the Power Foods cookbook? That is too bad that your hands are taking an arthritis hit. Must be painful to hand sew. on that 2 pounds down. You go girlfriend.

BE AN EARLY BIRD
Eat the most food earlier in the day. Many dieters try to trim calories from their breakfast and lunch and then get hungry. Research shows the calories you eat earlier in the day help you eat less at night ~ a good idea since you probably won’t be active after an evening meal.

THINK THIN
If you want to become thin, picture yourself thin. Visualize what you’re wearing, where you are, who you are with and how you feel. The more vivid the picture, the more real it will feel to you and the more likely you will achieve your goal.

Have a great afternoon/evening Magnolias. I am off to do some typing.

Last edited by Maggie; 01-31-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #5  

Good morning ladies! 60 degrees and climbing.

I've been for a walk this morning and will go again this afternoon. My goal is to get 4,000 steps this day. I'll be increasing from there as my foot tolerates it more. Right now I need my cane to get that far.

I've nothing exciting to do today - clean out the refrigerator is about as exciting as it gets.

Maggie, I found a new cookbook I think you might like if you don't already have it. I got it at Big Lots for $5 so Will could probably find it cheaper on his site. It's Pillsbury's "Fast and Healthy" and the recipes can all be made in under 30 minutes. It has all the nuts so easy to figure points, nicely spiral bound with a hard cover.

Have a great day!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #6  

Good morning to you all! I am really trying to get this blanket finished so I can ship this week. I decided to expand it one row and I have one completely done and one square 99% finished so I only have two more to do then I have 8 more bows to icord and then sew them all on. I was going to put buttons but then I thought if one came off or she chewed one off she could choke so I am going with I-cord bows. I have to tell you I am seriously tired of this blanket!

Susan: Hopefully you can afford to completely retire and do what you want for the rest of your life. I know my hands aren't going to hold out too many more years either so I want to enjoy my knitting while I can. My hands are pretty achy right now because I am pushing to get the blanket done. She just turned a month old yesterday, but kids grow so fast I would hate to delay then the little hat and booties not fit. We should have our refund by next Tuesday at the latest. I then can pay for the rest of the cruise, the excursions and such and then save up for the rest of it. We have to get the bathtub faucet fixed again as it is leaking and like I said, Jack broke the hot water faucet on the kitchen sink so we are going to buy a new one this weekend, which means over a $100 so it is like money just flies out the window, doesn't it???

Maggie: I too appreciate the hints you post on here. I have never ever been this unhappy but frankly I just can't take the pain anymore. It has become all consuming all the time and this week has been just awful because I can't take anything for it. I pray this procedure takes care of the pain because I am afraid the dr is going to be stumped. I want to be able to get on the treadmill and walk and exercise and I want to feel well enough to fix proper meals and eat properly instead of grabbing whatever I can that is easiest so I don't have to stand or walk around much. I am miserable and grouchy and working not to be that way so poor Jack doesn't have to deal with it, though he has been such a trooper and so wonderful. I have been sleeping in the recliner for awhile now because it is more comfortable for me and he insists on sleeping downstairs either on the couch or in the recliner just so he can keep the dog off me because Fortune likes to sleep in my lap and it is just too painful to do that right now. You don't know what is worse, finding out there is something wrong and fixing it or not having anything wrong and then no one knows what to do about it. I want to be chipper and smiley and all that again so I am sure hoping that after Monday I will feel much better. I am also seriously sleep deprived because the pain keeps me up late then wakes me up in the middle of the night. I try to nap during the day when I am not hurting, but I have chores to do that have to be done and so I have to just plow through.

I have 60's on 6 on direct tv and I am listening to Ricky Nelson sing, "Hello Mary Lou" right now. That brings a smile to my face as I always had this huge crush on him even though I was a little kid when he and his parents were on tv. I am just a bit too young to be a teen when he was popular, but I love to listen to him. I have a CD of his that I love.

Well gals, I need to go fold laundry and then get back to these darn squares. I have to say it is cute though. Have a nice middle of the week and hope you all are having the nice warm weather that we are having. I think we are done with winter here already as it is supposed to be 60's and upper 50's for quite awhile. Have a good one gals! Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #7  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wednesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is 51º as I type this day and expected to get up to 60º with snow predicted on Friday and Saturday. Winter isn’t over here as of yet. Yesterday I was doing dome typing for Will and got half way through. It is “101 Constitutional Questions To Ask Candidates” with paragraphs about each question giving the correct answer and the why of it. It is a very interesting list from a book called The Five Thousand Year Leap; the revised 30 year anniversary edition, by W. Cleon Skousen. It is currently a national best seller from the Founding Fathers Collection. Will has been asked to do a presentation at the next T-Party meeting and he will present it and then the group can discuss it.

I am eating Cuties and an ounce of jerky for 2 Points+ for lunch as I type. I have the jerky all measured out and in little bags in the freezer. Will noticed I was running low and I heard him on the phone ordering some from our favorite butcher. We don’t have the time to make the long trip to fetch it but that nice butcher will overnight it to us and then Will will send him a check in the return mail. He also is having him include some of the yummy Cheddar that Will likes so much. Life is good.

SUSAN Will looked for that book and found two Fast and Healthy books. One is "350 recipes for every day" and the other is "delicious meals in 30 minutes or less." So he is getting me both of them. Thanks for the heads up on it. BH&G has a nice book I have had awhile called Eat Well Lose Weight that has the nutritional information in it that is easy to change to points + also. It was published in 2008 and has many, many good recipes in it. All the tips I have been posting come from a booklet from BH&G.

DONNA FAYE I do feel so sorry for you and wish I could be closer to offer you some comfort. Maybe just to help take your mind off your discomfort. Soon this too shall pass but I realize the getting through it is pure misery. OH, the Nelsons ~ that was a good wholesome early TV program. Rickey could sing back when singing was popular. Now things are sure changed. I like listening to the oldies.

JEAN You over there doing the hula?

EAT SLOWLY
Slow down when you eat and you can lose weight. Eating slowly means you might consume less, a study suggests. Scientists at the University of Rhode Island did a study that showed women who took more time to eat a meal ate fewer calories. So slow down, already!

CHOOSE YOUR DINING PALS
Studies show that most of us base how much we eat on what others around us eat. So steer clear of the big eaters in your social circle, at least when food is around.

Have a lovely afternoon Magnolias.

Last edited by Maggie; 02-01-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #8  

Good morning, ladies! Raining and 55 degrees today. Our nice weather is over until late next week. Not that the weatherman ever gets it right.

I have First Thursday Bee tonight so that will be fun.

Faye, I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I wish I could come and at least do a little of your housework. Think positive thoughts that this will be the solution.

Maggie, I think you'll enjoy those cookbooks. I like simple recipes with not too many ingredients but a lot of flavor. I have been a slow eater most of my life. I'm always the last one done and everyone is waiting for me. Sometimes it's embarassing.

Have a great day, I need to get back to work.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #9  

Good morning ladies. Wow, it is pretty chilly here this morning and though it is supposed to get a lot warmer today, it is durn cold at the moment!

You are not going to believe this, but that noodleheaded scheduling nurse after screwing up the original appt, then calling and resheduling, then call me back and was all upset saying that I changed it and it was cutting it too close, believe it or not after all that, I got my automated call yesterday reminding of my "appointmentS" tomorrow. So I called the appt number this morning and canceled one of them. She had me scheduled for the same doctor for 9 AM and 10:30 AM tomorrow! I have a feeling she has no clue how to use the computer system to put in appts. So, I now only have one appt.

I ordered our new luggage for our cruise this morning along with two pairs of new shoes, this neck wallet that I can wear on the cruise that holds my passport, money, ship id, etc, I ordered the lanyard type that Jack wanted, both boys Valentine's presents and paid the bills. My previously full bank account is much lighter now! We have the commissary shopping on Saturday and tomorrow night we are going to go and pick up the new kitchen faucet and hopefully Jack can install it on Sunday.

I am now down to the last two blanket squares and have two of the nine icord bows made. Before I make anymore of those, I need to see if I can sew them on with DMC thread as trying to sew them with yarn is very difficult as they are very thick. I would like to put the bows on to make it more girly, but I am not going to waste a lot of time on it if they prove difficult. I need to get this done, washed and blocked and shipped by Monday at the latest.

I appreciate your concerns and good thoughts. You, along with Jack keep me from completely falling into the bottom of the barrell. This is weird for me because I tend to be really upbeat most of the time and the last couple years this female stuff getting worse and worse has just beaten me right down. I am not an exercise fan, but I really do want the daily exercise plan to be able to come back. Right now, the pain just prevents that. I tried, but it just wasn't happening. I am trying to think good thoughts that this procedure on Monday will work and I will feel so much better. They are using the NovaSure on my and it only takes 5 minutes, but she is doing a hysteroscopy to make sure there is nothing there before the procedure so that may take a bit of time.

I bought the cutest shoes for the cruise. They are like a tennis shoe, mule type but have a fabric top that is white and pick gingham checks. They are Easy Spirit so they should be comfortable. I also bought a really cute pair of loafer style shoes that are sort of like those driving shoes and they should be pretty comfortable to wear too. I am going to have to get a low heeled pair of dress shoes because the only pair of have, which are actually brand new and bought for Jay's wedding years ago I can't wear until I am closer to goal weight. So, I will try and find a pretty pair with a low heel and comfortbale to wear with the dressy stuff for the formal nights on the ship. I have a long dress and jacket and am going to buy a couple more to wear closer to departure time around July I think. I will know about how much I weigh by then for the cruise.

Susan: I have always thought slow eating is such a good friend to dieters. I am not a slow eater, but I am a lot better than I used to be. I try and concentrate more about eating slower. Have fun at your quilting bee!

Maggie: I bought a bag of cuties and so far mine haven't been that tasty. They don't seem to be very sweet and sort of stringy, which has been disappointing. I am out of bananas and my navel oranges, have a couple granny smith left and the cuties for fresh fruit. I have a bunch of frozen stuff, but like the ease of just grabbing a fresh piece of fruit so they have been disappointing.

Well, gals, I have to get out of here. I need to get myself some lunch, do a couple chores upstairs and work on that durn blanket. Have a lovely day today! Faye
Old 02-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Thursday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is said to snow tomorrow and the next day and give us 6 inches of the white stuff. Oh, joy. Beanie is the only one in this household that will be thrilled for he loves to frolic in it and chase snowflakes. I don’t have much on my agenda this day except getting my Stroganoff into the crock pot at one o’clock so I can have it ready to eat at 7 pm. I use an old recipe I got years ago from the WW magazine that is really yummy. I made a few changes to it but it was just adding some veggies and not points. I like mushrooms and celery in mine and the recipe didn’t have those items. Anyway it is so good over wide noodles with a green salad and French bread. It will fit snuggly into my day for I am eating very light till then. This may be the last dinner that Ernie can come eat with us for the job he is currently doing in this town is going to be finished real soon. Paul is still with us ~ living in the basement. I am not sure he will be here for dinner for he didn’t say. There will be plenty if he does make it. This is another dish that freezes well.

Will has gone now to his volunteer job at the Museum which he loves more since they have him working with the guns. They have some real nice oldies there that he would never get to handle and fix up otherwise. The director still wants to hire him. The phone place is sending him a new phone. His Droid is misbehaving. The ring tone is not loud enough even on the highest setting and it turns itself off which isn’t good. It has glitches so they are over-nighting him a new one. When he went to the market last night I wanted to call him and add an item and his phone had turned itself off and he didn’t know I had left a message. No problem for he can stop on his way from his job today and pick up the item ~ fresh salad bag. We sure are dependent on our phones, aren’t we. Life was so much easier when we just had a land line. I at least had a line in my bedroom, when I was a teen and used the pay phone from the school to call home. Now everyone is connected and we don’t have a land line. Gotta go answer the front door ~ mail man brought the box of jerky and cheese so now I get to portion the jerky out and get it into the freezer. Will’s cheese I stuck in the fridge.

I got the neatest letter from the lady we got Cecil from. She said that she was talking to some workers at their place and told them about Cecil. They had never heard of a cat named Cecil and wanted to know more about him so I sent her an e-mail telling of his antics with the dogs and such. I am sending you gals a copy of a video she sent me which is a hoot ~ about a trained dog. I’ll have to take a picture of Cecil and Beanie wrestling and send it to her.

DONNA FAYE You are going to dance a jug when you recover from your doctor visit. Hopefully it will cure your problems all up. The Cuties we get here are so fresh and sweet and juicy. They just have those strings down the middle which are easy to take off when I section them. The bag you got evidently wasn’t very fresh for they do deteriorate with time. Whatever you decide to do to that throw will be fine for she will love it.

SUSAN I am sure I am going to enjoy those books. Thanks again for telling me about them. Do you have both of them? I imagine your foot is just about back to exact by now. Good to take a cane along while walking even if you don’t really need it when starting out. Besides it is good to have to scare off varmints. I am still walking inside and sometimes across the backyard and back a few times. We have a huge back yard which isn’t level so I do take a stick along. I have always been a slow eater also. Will says I recreate my food. When I was a kid I sat by my father because if I sat there the boys would not dare grab my "savings" off my plate. They got the same food but they said mine always looked so much better. I didn't wolf my down. Once I had eaten my grilled cheese sandwich into a heart and my brother grabbed it. That caused him to have to do the dishes for a week. We three girls always rotated the three jobs of clearing the table, washing the dishes and drying the dishes and putting them up and he had to do the job I had for the week.

PRACTICE YOUR WORKOUT IN YOUR HEAD
Take a minute to visualize yourself doing what it is that you do for your workout. When you picture yourself going through a workout, your heart rate increases slightly, your muscles start to contract and your breathing becomes a little heavier. By the time you start your routine your hears and muscles will be ready for action.

LAUGH YOURSELF THIN
Laughter reduces stress, and reducing stress helps you lose weight. So watch a comedy, tell a joke or read a funny book.

Everyone have a lovely afternoon. I did take a break while typing this to get my ingredients rounded up and into the crock pot. Type at y’all later.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #11  

Good morning to you gals. Just a quick note as I have an early dr appt this morning so will have to get upstairs and shower and dress and such in just a bit.

Maggie: Can you post the recipe for the stroganoff? I haven't found any I like that is heavily laden with fat. I imagine Cecil and the dogs keep the two of you in stitches. I know Fortune sure gives us a laugh or two with some of the things he does. He gets a treat when he goes outside and does his business and when he comes in, he has to sit for a treat and he knows it. Most of the time, he will walk over to the coat closet where we keep them and plant his little butt waiting but sometimes, he wil come over and then you have to command him to sit and he will do a little half squat then stand up. He goes back and forth doing this until you make his sit for a few seconds on his bum. It is hilarious to see him bouncing up and down, up and down. Sort of looks like those videos people run forward then backwards then forward then backwards. He also cracks me up when he does sit if you are not fast enough. We usually drop it on the floor, but if we aren't fast enough, you see his little head bob up to you then down at the floor then up to you than down at the floor. It is pretty funny.

Well I am almost done with another square. My arthritis is kicking up big time this morning in my left hand especially. You can see the swelling around my knuckles so it makes it a bit harder to knit, but I am going to get this darn thing done and shipped off to her.

Nothing much else going on around here. Just gearing up to go to the hospital on Monday morning. Have to go commissary shopping tomorrow and go and get the faucet for the kitchen sink today. Jack took today and Monday off so it is nice having him around. He is really worried about me, but there isn't anything he can do for me as I can't do anything for myself. Anyway, we have to be at the hospital at 6 AM which means getting up around 4 to get ready.

You all have a very nice day and weekend. I don't know if I will get in here this weekend, but I will try. Hope Jean and Bob are having a rip roaring good time. Faye
Old 02-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #12  

Good morning to you ladies. Well, the dr released me for surgery so it is a go on Monday morning. I have to say I can't wait to get it over with.

Jack is putting in a new faucet in the kitchen this morning and having a devil of a time. He has worked 90 minutes just on getting a nut off. Thirty five years of corrosion and it didn't want to come off, but he has the first one off and I am trying to get him to take a breather for a few minutes. He gets focused and just wants to get it done. I keep saying a prayer that it will become easier for him to get done. We bought a gorgeous one handle faucet with the pull down sprayer and it even has a soap dispenser to wash your hands, which is cool. He will put the soap dispenser in the whole where the old sprayer was.

I picked out my colors for my walls when we were at Lowes yesterday. We are painting the walls Whipped Apricot and the trim Canteloupe Smile. I then found the sofa chair at Lazy boy I want in this really cute fabric that will go smashing with the paint and we picked out what countertops we want to use. Now if everything still exists next year!

I paid off the cruise this morning, bought the excursions, our soft drink cards and our new luggage. I bought this sort of cotton candy pink with black trim for mine and Jack's is this sort of butterscotch color with black trim. Pretty spiffy stuff! It will be here on Wednesday so we can try them out going to Chattanooga in a couple weeks. We are fans of duffle bag style luggage rather than the hard side type. I bought two extra larges for each of us on rollers then a medium sized one for each of us to carry all our hygiene and one set of clothes. Since we aren't flying, we aren't limited on the amount of luggage or the size. Our room has two little couches, one of which sits in front of the window that looks down into the promanade where all the shops are and such so I can sit there and watch people if I want though I am not planning on being in the room much. I plan on being in the pool all the time!

Well gals, I have one more square and only 4 bows to knit up and sew on so I want to get to it. You all have a spectacular Saturday. Faye
Old 02-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Talking Simply Saturday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is currently 33º here in the Heartland with just a skiff of snow on the ground. They say we will be getting a smattering of “frozen mix” this day. Not nearly as much snow as they predicted but that is fine for we got lots of needed rain. This is Saturday and I wonder where the week went. Yesterday I finally found a nice case to carry my Blackberry in my purse so it doesn’t get messed with. Our friend Ernie has moved on now so we will miss his weekly nights here for dinner. He is such a fun, nice guy to be around.

I have been having fun finding things that will work in my camp oven. I even found some round 8” pizza stones which I just ordered. One pizza of that size is a serving for us. I can also use one to cook just a few biscuits on while camping among other things that work well cooked on a stone. I use my pizza stone a lot here in this kitchen and would miss not having one when cooking out for it is one of my main most tools. I also ordered some very small whisks on a ring that will be very handy to have. I am always whisking things and have lost all but one of my small ones and these will be great to have here in my kitchen. I was just having too much fun looking through my ’s Catalog. I am one of those folks that keep that company in business.

I have a certain place I keep all the booklets and papers that come with an appliance and my Smoker booklet was not there. OH my. How could it not be in there. AH - but then I remembered I had stuck it in my favorite Smoke and Spice book when I was looking at some recipes awhile back. Monday we are planning on smoking some pork chops and ribs and I wanted to take a look at the book today. When I use one of my cooking aids I always go to that container and get the booklet out for things I haven’t used often to refresh myself, so you see why I wanted to find it. Plus it has the information on what type of wood to use for the cuts of meat one will be smoking are using.

DONNA FAYE OH come Monday you will be so happy to have it all over and done with. Hopefully that process takes away your pain with it. It must be a great feeling to have your cruise all paid for now ~ did you buy some new swim suits for this outing? I bet you did since you will be spending lots of time in the pool. Is Jack using a "basin wrench" on that nut? If it is an under the sink job that tool is a "must have" for that job is what I have been told anyway.

SERVE MEALS ON SMALL PLATES
Psych yourself into thinking you're eating a lot of food by serving it up on small plates instead of dinner plates to make your portions look so much bigger. Then eat a whole plateful of food without a shred of guilt. (I have been doing that for a long, long time. My plates are small.)

TUNE IN TO TONE UP
Turn up the tunes. A recent study found that college students who exercised to music were able to work out 11 percent longer than those who worked out in silence or a noisy environment.

All y'all have a lovely Saturday afternoon/evening ~

Last edited by Maggie; 02-04-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #14  

Good morning gals. It is overcast at the moment and cool, but supposed to warm up and be partyly sunny. I am wearing a pair of my new shoes I got for the cruise today to start breaking them in. They are a pair of Aerosole moccasin/loafer style and quite comfo for the moment. Since I am flat footed, no shoe fits me particularly well as the tend to gap on the side and arch support in a shoe tends to be a bit of a problem as it rubs the flat part of my foot, but I am used to that. It is not slipping on my heel and not too tight though nice and snug so I think they will work well. I am not going to wear them much as I don't want them all dirty and they are suede.

Jack gave up for the time being with the sink. He has one nut that will not crack having a lot of rust on it and being plastic cannot be heated like was suggested to me to make it give. He DID buy a basin wrench, Maggie, but it didn't work and neither did this awful stuff he used to spray around the nut to loosen it. He went ahead and connected the new sink up so we could use it and it just doesn't have it's base underneath it since we still have one stem attached, but he said after we get back from Chattanooga he is going to get a hack saw and just cut it off and then continue the install, which should be a snap because then the old thing is completely off.

Here is the bows and hearts blanket for Violet. I can't tell you how glad I am done with this and can now ship it. I still need to get a baby card and tissue paper to wrap them in then get it shipped out of here.

Well, sorry I have to hurry, but we have to leave for the commissary. Have a great day! Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg violetsblanket.jpg (41.7 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by gma22; 02-05-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Talking Sunny Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a nice bright sunny day here in the ♥-Land in the high 40º’s. We went out to lunch at our favorite steak house and I had a grilled pork chop and a baked sweet potato without all that butter & brown sugar they put on them for I think they are tasty enough without it. They also served a nice cut up apple with it and it was all very tasty. Tonight we will be going out to Applebee’s where I can pick a WW meal off the menu so I can stay within my allotted points for the day. Tomorrow I am going to smoke some ribs and pork chops in my indoor smoker. Tomorrow is weigh day and I am thinking I may not show a loss because I have used some of my weekly points this week. When I lost so well last month I was not using those extra weekly points but was just eating my daily allotment. If I don’t show a loss this coming week I will just act as if I don’t have that 49 points to use during the week. I want to stay on course and lose an average of a pound a week. That is my plan and I am sticking to it.

DONNA FAYE You will love it having that new faucet to use. Ours has a built in sprayer and it is a jewel to use. I hope your new shoes work out well for you. Good thing to kinda break them in before you do go on vacation. I am getting to the point I will be needing some new SAS shoes but can wait until the summer when they go on sale. Right now they are $200 and the sale will knock off 20%. These will surely last that long for that savings. If they didn't I surely have other shoes I can wear but these still look and feel in real good shape. These are my main most favorite to use with my brace. This is funny, to me anyway, I use my cane to walk from our back door to the back door of the church building because the ground is so uneven ~ we went out to lunch afterwards so I just went as far as the jeep with it after services and when we got home I realized I had left it in the Jeep when I got to the back steps of the house. I had to use the railing which I don't usually use. Neither of my knees were hurting and I was just motoring on.

SNEAKY EXERCISE TIPS
Get moving! Experts agree that the best way to lose weight is through a combination of better diet and increased exercise. Here are some sneaky ways to mover more ~ and lose weight.

BECOME A STAIR MASTER
Get off the elevator one floor sooner and take the stairs the rest of the way.

WORK YOUR CALVES ON THE STAIRS
for every three steps you take, stop and do five calf raises (coming up onto the balls of your feet and ten lowering heels to just below step height).

Time to get ready for evening services. Type at y'all later,