General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #1  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

Default Cheat days?

Hi guys!

Wondering how you handle your cheat days/nights? This is my first one in 3 weeks and I don't want to literally gain 5 pounds back like I'm worried about. I know, I know, I should make healthy 'cheat' choices, but come on. I've been dying for this day and my husband and I have a date night tonight! I want to take full advantage of it, minus the chocolate cake, dessert etc. I just want a nice carb loaded meal of lobster ravioli, pasta or bread for once. Is that bad? Can I do this? and then go back to my 1200 cal day tomorrow By the way, I've also joined a fitness challenge at my Gym (like biggest loser), so there's absolutely no way I will be derailed from my motivation after tonight

do you guys allow yourselves cheat meals? how often?
and how do you normally do it? how is weight loss afterwards?

thanks in advance for any advice!!
Have a great day
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/184/145

Height: 5' 1"

Subway is my go to place.
Whole wheat 6"
Turkey
lettuce
Tomatoe
very little low fat mayo

Normallay on Sat. when we are running our arrends

yummo !
love2cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #3  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

I allow myself high calorie days once in a while but I mostly work less nutritious food into my calorie intake for the day. Who are you 'cheating' when you eat 'supposedly' bad food? There is no reason to feel bad about having extra to eat every once in a while, that's the great part of being healthy. You can always go back to resuming your normal intake after one good carb loading.
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #4  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 151/142/130

Height: 5ft 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameZombie View Post
I allow myself high calorie days once in a while but I mostly work less nutritious food into my calorie intake for the day. Who are you 'cheating' when you eat 'supposedly' bad food? There is no reason to feel bad about having extra to eat every once in a while, that's the great part of being healthy. You can always go back to resuming your normal intake after one good carb loading.
Absolutely this. I personally don't really believe in treat days.. but then I don't believe in deprivation and severe restriction either.

However- it can be good for the metabolism to have days where you eat more. You certainly won't gain 5lbs from eating more for a day . Enjoy your meal with your husband. I would look at it though, as an enjoyable meal with your husband and try and make healthy choices the rest of the day and look at it as just part of your diet to have meals like this every now and then rather than it being cheating on your diet.
PaintedButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #5  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks guys!

I guess I'm at war with myself right now. you guys have some really good insight and I really appreciate what you have to say. I won't beat myself up about it cuz I really do look at it as an enjoyable meal with my husband, but I don't want to look at my plate and see a bunch of calories. It's just one day and I'm back on the train tomorrow, with slight starvation (haha) due to getting labs at 10am. and there you have it!

Thank you for your advice!!
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/120/110

If you don't have cheat days once in awhile, you will blow the diet completely if you feel you cannot do it anymore.
pattyhues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 283/229.6/160

Height: 5'6

I agree, but unfortunately for me I cant have cheat days in the beginning stages. I have no will power, one bite of something Im not supposed to have , and it all goes to **** in a hand basket!
Melokoton is offline   Reply With Quote