Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 05:48 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb #41 Winter hangs on

Good morning all
Make sure that you see KINa's and Sue's post from #40.

Well I have an air cast on. ANd that has helped the mobility alot.

I ahve to admit that I am having trouble staying focused. Can't seem to find a schedule that fits me. I read an article in the paper about sugar addiction. The author who worked in a alcohol addiction program was seeing simularities w/ her clients and her relationship w/ high sugar sweets. It was debated and she sited a study w/ rats that showed withdrawel and the rats choosing sugar water over food. Very interesting.

I know That I am upset that I am growing out of the clothes I shrunk myself into. It is now Almost Mar 1. Warm weather is supposedly around the corner. And I know that I feel better all the way around when I et lo carn and w/o. I just can't seem to make and stay with teh connection.

ANy one else have some insight?
Old 02-25-2003, 04:22 PM   #2  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Hello All.

I am sorry I went MIA for awhile. We had the most awful ice storm here the Sunday before last, and we have not had any electricity since that day. 10 days with no heat, running water, or light. It has sucked big time. But we have muddled through. The ights came back on at 1:00 today. We threw a big party of course. The kids were especailly happy to have their video games returned to them. And Trini missed Barney something awful. I am so glad we are back to normal.

I have been off program since this happened. I haven't even been working out, which bothered me a great deal. But it is hard to do when you have to work so hard just to cook, and clean. I actually washed clothes by hand one day. I would not have made a very good victorian, I am afraid. But it was fun at times. The first night we roasted marshmallows over candles. It is a memory I think Christian will keep with him.

WEll, Just wanted to let you guys know I have returned from the land of the lost. I am ready to get back to it.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:09 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

Oh my gosh Melody
DH and I were stranded in kentucky Sun. La Barge. The icing was awful. We hobbled thru on Monday. 20 -30 miles an hour. We had an ice storm a few years ago and were w/o power for 13 days. But we have no kids. It's an awful experience. SO I know how wonderful it is when the lights come back on. You were missed, I could here myself echo around here.

Still waffuling here. In diet limbo.
Hey everybody how goes it?
Old 02-26-2003, 10:20 AM   #4  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Good Morning!

Melody I am so glad to see your post.

I am feeling something horrible. We have 40 degree temps and any normal Texan is just not use to that. I think I am about to die. I started a baby blanket for my X-SIL . She invited me to her baby shower this coming Saturday and I am hoping to have this blanket done by then.

Well now that I have checked in I am going to jump back into bed and hide under the covers. Stay warm.

Melody...you don't know how happy I am to see your post.
Pat...we really must do something about this growing epidemic. I am having the same problem.

I am outta here. Talk later.
Kina
Old 02-26-2003, 11:56 AM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I am on a dead run again today day off HA!! that is no such thing they just make those words up so people they they are getting a treat!!! I am in limbo here too pat. so lets make a pact i will get on your back if you get on mine!!! (just a min let me put down that cookie!!!. )

I missed all you girls!!! lets get rolling again!! starting tomorow i will be ready to roll and really get things moving here.

I just purchased a system cleaner for me to get rid of all the toxins that i have built up so i am ready to hit the pot (yes it does make you shi#) starting tomorrow so lets let it rip!!! (pun intended!!!)

this should be interesting.!!!!

Well got to run and pick up the DD BF so he can get to work)
Old 02-26-2003, 04:04 PM   #6  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Good to see you Sue. Would you mind sharing what it is you purchased. I have only two 1/2 more weeks to drop some weight for my family weight challenge. I need all the help I can get. Melody I also started taking Hydroxycut. I know you have mentioned Metabolite or something similar. Do you or any of you have insight to these dietary supplements? All wisdom is welcome.

I will check back later.

Sue...I am really sorry you were having computer problems. I don't know what I would do without our computer. I think DH is the one that would go berzerck. Talk later.
Kina
Old 02-26-2003, 06:10 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

it is a product from sunshine nutritional supplements. it is expensive a bit more than i wanted but it is worth a try!!! it has some laxatives and a bunch of other things. but is suposed to clean out the toxins of the systen. I am going to try it for a week (2 week supply) then get on low carb, hoping that it will clean out all the carb toxins that i have built up!!! I have never tried this before i am a bit worried that i sound like a quack about this. like the colonic lavages (nice word for huge enema) but it is suposed to make the body work better after the bad toxins are cleaned out. I will not make any reccomendations untill i try it

I have used hydroxycut, and metabolife and diet fuel and just about every thing that is on the market with and with out mau haung it does help i find that it makes me dead tired at the end of the day. and i sleep very soundly but not necessarily a good sleep. it is an exhausted sleep. but it dies give me great energy in the day but i have high and lows of energy and the days that i did not take it i would fall asleep in the middle fo the day. if i sat down some times i would say i need to sleep and go down for a hour just because my body needed the rest. I am hoping that this will also get this out of the system. I am just comming off some that i was taking starting this year beginning they say that you must take a break from them. it helps i will say most of my weight loss was during time that i was taking somethng. I have very stubborn weight.

well that is that. I do need to get the kids to swimming.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:34 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

Hey All!
I am in a way glad I am not the only one experiencing this rut. But sorry too. Cannot get focused. I know it is a mental thing.

But yes Sue we can do this.

We can do this. I will focus on what goes in my mouth. Maybe a daily food and w/o log?

What do you all think?
A weekly challenge?
Let me know

Hello everyone else

Anyone heard from PaM?
Old 02-28-2003, 03:48 PM   #9  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Okay you guys I CAN do this! I am going to do this. I have only 15 days til the family weight challenge comes to an end. The bank is worth $300 buckaroos. What do I need to do?!?!

Kina
Old 02-28-2003, 07:58 PM   #10  
Work in Progress

Water water water
Go to teh library and check out Jan Oprah Mag(i think) she had a boot camp w/o out that was supposed to jump start you. Don't cut your cal's too much or you might stall. Sue is the expert in this area really.

Toatlly awfull day here feel just miserable mentally and physically.
Will I never learn

Hey Sue how goes it?

have you heard from Pam?

I need to get it together.

Anklle still hurts I think I am pushing it too much!

How is everyone else?
Old 02-28-2003, 08:31 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

I just had a great post and lost it!!!! UGH

well any ways it was i had a terrible day dove into doughnuts and cookies big time

Kina drink drink and drink keep out of the cafiene limit the low carb bars and shakes (can stall weight loss) for the next few week do this clean, think of the cash!!! go for only 1200 calories make the fat be quality fat and keep your protein at about 60 - 80 atleast daily. split the carbs over the day. that is about all that i can give for advice!!! that should do it.

no i have not heard from Pam. Hope soon!!
Old 03-01-2003, 06:36 AM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

I am going to have a rough day today at work so i know Opness is not in the picture. it is because i have to do the med transfer and our floor has to cover the lunch now. it is tough!! and manage to eat lucnh. Yesterday i had 4 admissions adn i managed to do 3 of them but was still 2 hour late getting out. with no lunch can you see why i hit the doughnuts and cookies.

I can not manage to get up earlie enough to make lunch and have no ambition. so life sucks at this time but i will make up for it!!
Old 03-02-2003, 05:53 AM   #13  
Work in Progress

GOsh SUe, I am sorry.
All I can think is that we have come so far, what's the deal? I know I am letting alot of things get in the way of me getting back on tract. They are just excuses really. I remember my nursing days. You are working nights? That was always the worst. Stress, lack of restful sleep, carbs galore. A viscous cycle.

Kina think $$$$$
I hope Pam is OK, she usually check in by now.
Hello everyone else

I am shooting to achieve some goals beginning Monday
We'll see how I do.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:52 AM   #14  
Work in Progress

Good morning all
Yesterday I did a pilates w/o. Can you belive it???
Was almost OP until I succombed to a snack size bag of cookies.
I did get to thinking though about what the people in my life think to themselves when they notice that once again my weight is increasing. that bothered me a little. I am planning on goin to the gym in a few a hope the am w/os help me w/ being OP food wise.
OK where are you all??
Old 03-04-2003, 01:03 PM   #15  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

I am here! THings have been crazy so I haven't got to stop in as often. Kina think cash...its a great motivator isn't it?

I started a weight loss challenge at my work, every payday we each put in $5 and weigh. Whoever is the first to lose 10% of their total body weight wins the money. It's a great motivator. And now I work with a bunch of people who are watching what they put in their mouths too!

I started my personal 3 month challenge on the 1st, and so far have stuck with my goals. I have managed to keep my calories under 1800 which I think will help me lose weight.

I plan on beginning running in mid to late March. I am going to the Dr. today to see what they can do to help me with my arthritis. It is better, but when i start to run...Oh boy, I just bet it will start acting up. I want to run a 5K in September so I have got to get training if I am going to make it.

I am focused and ready to go, and if I have to I will pull you guys along with me! Let's do this girls!!!
Closed Thread