Old 01-23-2012, 06:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Distractions/dealing with the urge for unplanned eating.

I've been working on getting through those times when I am ready to eat something I haven't planned or extra . This happens sometimes when I've just eaten a full meal or snack. - or soon after. It certainly isn't 'real' hunger.

What do you do? I'll share some of my ideas. I hope you will too.

First I think of the Six D's in my head:

Drink water
Deep breathing
Distance myself from the food
Don't drive to get unplanned food
Destroy the food (I usually use dish soap - better in the trash than me)
Distractions:

call someone
get online to a site like this
step outside for some air
brush my teeth

How about you... what are your distractions/dealings with extra unplanned food?

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-23-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Listen to music, watch a comedy special (laughing gets me distracted), go for a walk, drink a hot drink like tea or coffee, chew sugar free gum, snack on some vegetables or fruit if I absolutely have to eat something.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm soooo struggling with this right now. I have gotten rid of everything in my house that I shouldn't eat but every now and then I find something that I've missed. I've even gone so far as to eating the sprinkles you put on cupcakes (that didn't last long, it was gross). But I also lose so much motivation during the weekends and I don't know why. And when I'm just sitting around then it's really hard to fight the hunger. I am going to try to start drinking green tea. I'm hoping that that will help to fight some of this 'phantom' hunger. I also think your statement about 'Don't drive to get unplanned food' is really important. I've gotten rid of everything but there have been times when it hasn't stopped me from going out to find more. But it's key that I don't give into that. Anyway, I'll keep checking back on this. I'd love to see people's suggestions as to what to do. Right now I'm just obsessed with this site because it does help me fight the hunger. I just need other options than just this site. :-)
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Sometimes the food wins, sometimes I win - but i definitely agree with not going out and buying unplanned food. I try to keep fruit and veggies around all the time for this, and I knit. Hard to eat while knitting.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote