Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 07:17 AM   #1  
Andrew

Angry MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24th

Good Morning,
Happy Monday. I have the day off (well, kinda), after working a 24 hour weekend. I was so tired last night that I went to bed at 7:45. I have a CPR class today from 8-12:30. I hate doing "work" stuff on my day off. Then my son is going to start seeing a therapist so he & I have to meet with her @ 1:30. He doesn't want to but after what me and his father have put him through I think that he could use it. We'll try it for a while and maybe we'll find out he doesn't need it. Hope so. Then I have to wait tables from 5-8 tonight. OK, I guess I'm not having a day off. I've been sticking to the "Wendie" plan but yesterday was my high point day and I know I went way over. Back on the skinny wagon today. Now I just have to start exercising. I've only exercised twice this February. Pretty bad, aye? Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:52 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Robin - Wow, sounds like your day is jam packed! How old is your son?

Yesterday I had an eye exam and got a new pair of glasses. After I got the glasses, one of the lenses wasn't strong enough and I had to go back and get my eyes checked again and then get the lens replaced....sheesh! But they look good.

Friday night was a cheat night for me. Turns out that was good cause I have stayed OP since. I think I needed that cheat day

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll be checking in later!
Old 02-24-2003, 09:22 AM   #3  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning All -

Robin - I agree - today is not a day off! Hope you find 5 minutes to relax.

Lori - glad you found a pair of glasses you like. Took me 6 trips to the eye dr. last time to pick out a pair I like.

Jess - congrats on the computer. Tell us all about it! Did you enjoy dinner out with Aaron? I can't believe how relaxed you are about not knowing the status of the relationship. I can't stand not knowing stuff like that. I'm so glad you can relax and enjoy his company without worrying about everything else.

Pretty quiet weekend for me - it snowed all weekend here. I worked 2nd job Friday night and all day Saturday. Plus had to leave my car in the shop Saturday AM until my lunch break at work. Needed 2 new tires and an air filter. So I got to walk from the shop to work and then back again in the snow - fun - not! Then when I got home from work Saturday night it took me 2hrs to get my driveway shoveled out. It was 9PM by the time I got in the house! Sunday I just did projects around the house and spent another hour shoveling out the driveway.

CB has been out of town most of the last week helping out his parents. We had a great date Thursday night but didn't see him much before and haven't seen him since. Hopefully, he'll be home tonight. Or at least before it snows again! What good is a boyfriend if he's always out of town when it's time to shovel the driveway? Ha-ha.

I've been OP since last Wed. I got on the scale this weekend and it showed a 4lb drop in my weight. I just love the first week of being OP....you lose all the water and the fluff and that initial huge drop is a great reinforcement to keep on keeping on. I haven't been getting much exercise this month but have some planned (mostly light) for everyday this week. Hopefully, a week of easy exercise will get me back on track with working out.

Well, must work. Hope you all have a great day!

Laura
Old 02-24-2003, 12:19 PM   #4  
Proud Canadian

A quick hello to everyone before I go into the back to work on the other job. I stayed close to OP this weekend but I did drink with my cousins on Friday and then had a beer on Saturday. When I used to be really strict I found that anytime I drank alcool whether in was within or above my points, I gained. I guess we'll see tomorrow night. Hi to all, I may get a chance to post properly this afternoon.
KT
Old 02-24-2003, 03:28 PM   #5  
Running Babe

Default Hey Y'all

Howdy All,

I hope you are all doing well. Anyway my CB and I went out on Friday night to meet friends, in the end we didn't but we still had a good time. I went back to his place and he asked me to be his girlfriend So I was all weekend I haven't seen him since Sat and won't until at least Thursday

Anyhoo, we're having a BM drama. There are 2 bridesmaids in a wedding I am in. Anyhoo, me and the MOH went dress browsing this weekend and have pretty much figured out what we're going to wear. Well it looks like the brides future SIL wants to be a BM too. Here's the thing, the SIL has been anything but nice to the bride since she's known her (actually I was friends with the SIL in high school and put up with a TON of BS from her and understand how my friend is feeling. To be fair the SIL has been nicer lately though, but still nowhere near good friends with the bride). There was a suggestion that the SIL could be a groomswoman to be apart of the ceremony and she trashed the idea and only wants to be a BM and has basically suggested if she's not included she won't show up. This of course hurts the groom. The bride has only heard this from the groom and has heard all this from his mom (who'll certainly make a very interesting MIL). So the Bride asked us how we would feel if the SIL becomes a BM. I'm *okay* with it barely. But ARGH!!!

I have to send my cpu to get fixed so I won't have internet access at home for the next week or two

Anyhoo, have a good day!

Ali
Old 02-24-2003, 03:56 PM   #6  
Andrew

Well-I passed my CPR class with a grade of 100%. We had a written test and a performing test. I'll probably forget it all in a week. I hope I never have to actually give someone CPR. I think I would panic. My son and I met with his therapist. Her name is Nirvana and she's very nice. I'm not sure Andrew really understands what he is going to her for. When she asked him if he had anything on his mind that was bothering him he told her that his Dad beat him at Tiger Woods golf and it made him mad. He said he had two cats but that one was mean and that his dog bit other people's dogs when they walked by our house. Maybe he doesn't need a therapist. Next week she will meet with him alone and then she'll probably spring the real tough questions on him. I can't even imagine what he'll say about me and Timmy. Think about all the private things you do in front of your family or boyfriends that you wouldn't want anyone to talk about. A few years ago I gave Timmy a black eye because he was out 'til 3:00 am and came home drunk and never called. I waited in the kitchen for him in the dark and when he went to take his coat off I drove him. We laugh about it now but imagine Andrew telling that therapist about it...Argh. Oh well, it was my idea that he go so I just have to prepare myself for that. On to hellos...

Lori:I NEED to go over my points sometimes as well or I feel like I'm missing out on something. It's just when I make a regular habit of it that it zaps me. I just got new glasses too. They're the new square looking ones. I feel like a smart secretary in them.

Laura: 4 lbs, Yay!!!! I have joined WW ten times and always do good the first week. Once I lost 12 lbs. I gained it back plus 10 more. This time is for real though.

KT:I seem to be able to still lose and drink on weekends. My best friend last 60 lbs 3 years ago on the Bud Light diet. That's what we joke about anyway. She actually went to WW. She has kept most of it off and she still drinks Bud Light. I think she needs to write a book about it.

Ali:I think your friend should have any bridesmaid she wants. It sucks when all the family **** gets in the way of what is supposed to be the biggest day of your life. I'm so happy for you on your "girlfriend" status. How exciting. We'll miss you next week. Will you be able to use a computer somewhere else? Have a good night everyone.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:25 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

Robin - I am a true Canadian, we don't believe in light beer. That's a joke, I don't actually drink enough for it to matter but my preference as far as drinks go is usually to the sweet "girlie" drinks or things with milk and cream in them - not low in points at all. - oh and, I've been CPR certified for 15 years and never once had to use it. I'm OK with that.
Ali - Yay! GF status. That's so cool. As far the BM thing goes (in nursing BM is bowel movement, you don't know how long it took me to figure out what you were talking about) It's your friend's wedding and she should have what she wants. These pictures will be with her forever and if every time she looks at them she gets mad because SIL forced her way into the bridal party, she'll regret it. She can always go with some easy excuse like, we want to keep the wedding party small or, I wish I had known you wanted to be a bridesmaid when we started planning. If she's going to not come cause she's not a bridesmaid, her brother should smack her. It's not about her. Sorry, I did 2 weddings this summer and one was fantastic with fantastic bridesmaids and the other had 2 bridesmaids from **** and the bride still talks about it. Just my 2 cents.
Laura - Holy snow! Hopefully CB will be back for the next shovelling.
Lori - I've had far too many cheat days but I know what you mean. Denying oneself is never a good weight loss tool. BTW, loved the new tatoo - can't wait to see the colour!

OK, back to work - what a slow day both at work and on the board.
KT
Closed Thread