Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/159/150

Height: 5'8

Default self-help books you reccommend

Hey!

I just thought it might be great if we shared the titles of self-help books we found helpful. Maybe we'd get some new ideas what to read from others, hear of new approaches and those who never read one or are searching for a good self-help book might get an insight into what is popular.

to start: I reccommend The Mindfullness and Acceptance Workbook for Bulimia. Since my binging is connected to bulimic behaviour and pill abuseand I'm suffering from low self-esteem, I really wanted to get some practical exercises to improve that. I liked the fact that the book isn't really pushing you into new regimes, rules and control. It's more about imagining and talking about what you like about yourself, accepting who you are (and who you are not) and thinking about what it feels like when you do things the way you want it. it showed me that in reality i do not want to binge, and it reminded me how good I feel when I'm on plan. I still do binge, but iagining and talking about what I feel like after a binge or when I'm on plan makes me realise the consequences and makes my choice wheter to binge or not to binge easier (tho I'm still hopeless sometimes).

what about you?
aleksandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #2  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

This is a great idea!

Stop Self Sabotage by Pat Pearson! It's not really about weigh gain but you can put anything in life in perspective with this book. If you want a new job, new friends, new boyfriend, lose weight it really all falls under the same thing. If you self sabotage on one thing, more than likely you do it on all other things too!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6.5"

I've read two books that really helped me get into deeper issues surrounding weight. They are both Christian-based books. I highly recommend them!

Reshaping it All by Candace Cameron-Bure

Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote