Old 01-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

Default anyone ever get those days where you just wont stop eating?

Ugh every once in awhile i get these days where I just wanna eat and eat and eat all day long...a long time ago I would have... I would have sat down and ate a couple hot dogs made some pasta afterwords snacked on chips and by snack i mean eat the whole bag all whle drinking juice and milk to wash it down.... and this would continue all day and i would never feel full...

Well today is one of those days, luckily i havent splurged at all.. i ate my breakfast and i ate my lunch but i got starvingly hungry in between (even tho i prob wasnt it was just my head) and i snacked on some chips and salsa .... i ate my normal dinner with a salad but now im starving again and i only ate like an hour ago....

Does anyone else get like this? Does anyone have these days? Do you give in? Do you hold out? thots comments opinions plz

Last edited by candice1022; 01-19-2012 at 08:14 PM.
candice1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #2  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

I had one of those today too. It didn't help that I was experimenting with new recipes for my job either so I ended up nibbling on sugary goodness all afternoon =D...I usually give in to temptation to a degree xD and my days like this usually only happing during pms.

I've read that mixing up your calories every so often helps keep your metabolism from slowing down or something. So whenever I eat a little to much, I just think of that. I don't know if its true or not but it helps me not worry so much xD
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

I get that way sometimes! When it happens, I make an entire bag of frozen vegetables and eat them with a little bit of soy sauce or butter. It's a lot of food for minimal calories and it's completely filling. If the thought of eating a bag of vegetables doesn't sound appealing at the moment (and sometimes it doesn't) then I tend to think maybe I'm not REALLY hungry, I just want to munch for munchings sake. In which case I try to distract myself.
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #4  

hmm ya mine it doesnt matter when it is during PMS or not every once in awhile it just hits like im starving and could eat everything in the house i have no idea why...
Old 01-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #5  

Amber D I think I get this way every once in awhile because Im on a "diet" so i cut out hot dogs and all the "good stuff" i grew up on... I guess my brain is like missing it so much that I just want to sit down and eat and eat all those things I havent been able to eat. :S

Last edited by candice1022; 01-19-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 241/173/140

Height: 5"6

Candice, this happens to me ALL THE TIME. I don't even know how to describe the feeling I get -- it's not hunger and it's not boredom. It's just this weird compulsion, like I have to be eating something. Objectively, I know I just ate and I am not experiencing any of the classic signs of hunger... but I have to keep eating and eating and eating. When this happens, I just get out of the kitchen FAST and try to do something (anything) to keep occupied, which usually helps.
brkfstclbgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brkfstclbgrl View Post
Candice, this happens to me ALL THE TIME. I don't even know how to describe the feeling I get -- it's not hunger and it's not boredom. It's just this weird compulsion, like I have to be eating something. Objectively, I know I just ate and I am not experiencing any of the classic signs of hunger... but I have to keep eating and eating and eating. When this happens, I just get out of the kitchen FAST and try to do something (anything) to keep occupied, which usually helps.
exactely!!!!!! im not hungry either my stomache isnt growling theres no pain i just have to eat!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #8  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

I used to get these days regularly. However, since I started eating paleo they're gone.
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #9  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Oh man.

If almost ALL of us didn't feel this way at some point, I'm not sure we'd be here.

I had one of these attacks today. I usually try to surround myself with snacks that are minimal calories. Cheese strings, fruit and rice crackers. Things where I can munch on a few (instead of getting the big bag of chips that I want... at least it's something...) without rocking more than a couple hundred calories extra.

And then I overcompensate by climbing the 25 flights of stairs in my apartment building, then plopping in front of 3FC because the tips of my fingers and my eyes are the only things that still feel like they can move...............
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
I used to get these days regularly. However, since I started eating paleo they're gone.
what is paleo?

and it seems like quite a few people had these attacks today lol :S

Jelbb I think if I just surrounded myself with the healthy snacks I wouldnt eat em... I think id end up in the kitchen anyways cause im craving those foods I cant have... :"( sucks
Old 01-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #11  
In it to win it

S/C/G: 295/Ticker/150

I know exactly how you feel.... only thing I can do is brush my teeth a million times, eat strong mints and hide in my bedroom!!!
BeachKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #12  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by candice1022 View Post
Jelbb I think if I just surrounded myself with the healthy snacks I wouldnt eat em... I think id end up in the kitchen anyways cause im craving those foods I cant have... :"( sucks
Ahhh, lol. Yeah, definitely not hunger, definitely just cravings, eh?

In those cases, I've found a handful of things that can help.

1. I surround myself in 1.5 litre bottles of carbonated water. I have no desire for them, but if they're there, if I have a craving for something bad, I decide I'm going to drink half of one. Or all of one. And fairly quickly. My stomach gets very full. Very fast. To the point where food sounds unappealing, I feel so stuffed!

2. Distractions. I know cravings can be hard and all you focus on in that moment is how much you want that food! Some of the best things I've found to do are things with my hands. Take up knitting. Post of 3FC. DON'T do something idle, like watching TV. Especially because you always see sitcom stars chowing down on pizza, and you start thinking, "If they can... why can't I!?" not thinking about the fact that they have three personal trainers to burn off that pizza.

I'm sure lots of other ladies have other coping mechanisms, and can share some of their great ideas as well!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/seeticker/190

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

omg guys. oh im skelter by the way. i just joined this january and im 11days into my diet and down 9 pounds and i have never cheated once. so proud of myself as well as u guys. anyway, lol today i had an extreme craving for patty (u guys call it meat pie i think) and i was actually drooling. uuughhh...but, i kept my head str8 and went to eat a nature valley bar (oats and honey)..and i didnt cheat...but it was sooo hard. and im a teacher so at lunch time i smell my co workers food as well as the students.all that greasy goodnesss.uuuughh. however im happy sooooooooooooo yea. good luck girlies... add me if u wanna.im friendly..hhehehe
kimmyskelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #14  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by candice1022 View Post
what is paleo?

and it seems like quite a few people had these attacks today lol :S

In short, it's eating like our hunter-gatherer ancestors did. Lots of protein, healthy fats (key for satiety and craving control), non-starchy veg. No processed foods (or minimally processed foods), no sugars, etc.

http://everydaypaleo.com/faq/ for more info!
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 241/173/140

Height: 5"6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post

1. I surround myself in 1.5 litre bottles of carbonated water. I have no desire for them, but if they're there, if I have a craving for something bad, I decide I'm going to drink half of one. Or all of one. And fairly quickly. My stomach gets very full. Very fast. To the point where food sounds unappealing, I feel so stuffed!
This. I pour myself at least a litre of water and don't let myself snack until I have finished it. 99% of the time you'll be too full/bloated to even think about snacking later.
brkfstclbgrl is offline   Reply With Quote