Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 06:08 PM   #1  
Roadrunner

Angry I'm New and Excited

Hello!

I ordered the WW At Home and read up on it last weekend. I started on it last Monday, really excited about it, but it being that TOM, I didn't do too well as I wanted to eat everything in sight. So, I decided that this Monday (tomorrow) I would go ahead and join the meetings. So, I am a bit excited about this and I have NEVER been excited about losing weight before. I was wondering if any of you could share your "first meeting experiences" with me as I am also a bit nervous about the first meeting. I know everyone at the meetings is in the same boat, but I am just nervous. I have about 120 more lbs to lose. I lost 35 on Sugarbusters, but what will I learn from that? I will just gain all the weight back as I CANNOT do without my carbs for the rest of my life.

I am married, just turned 24 on the 20th, and I don't have any kids. I am looking to lose weight so that I can start planning a family without any extra weight on me to complicate things.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2003, 12:44 PM   #2  

Amber,
Good plan, to lose the weight before having a family! I slid a little before I got preg. with my daughter, and wish I hadn't!
WW is a great program, relax about your first meeting! I was super nervous about it too, but everyone is great. Also, all the people that work there have been through the same thing as you! We have all been there! If you need support, this is a great place to get it too!
Good luck at your first meeting, let us know how it goes!
Old 02-24-2003, 02:32 PM   #3  

Thumbs down

My first WW meeting was seven weeks ago....I am down 22#!!! I have never tried any weight loss groups before, but WW really works for me. I am attending the weekly meetings with a co-worker (she's lost 18#) and my sister (she's lost 16#). It has become a challenge that I enjoy to make foods that I can enjoy and feed my family. I love to cook, so the recipe forums have been a big help. I get alot of info from people at the mettings, like what they are eating, exercise, etc. Go for it and stick to the program, you won't be sorry. Good luck!
Old 02-24-2003, 04:17 PM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Welcome!
I have been a WW for about 4 years. I have let my weight slip a little so i am back on it.

Here is what I have learned.
1) it can take a few weeks to get into your point range if you have been over eating by a lot or making really bad choices for a long time. Ditch the high calorie soda and junck for more nutritional choices.
2) if you are going to make this a life change, take it slow. it is really fun to loose, and even more fun to loose fast, but ultimaltely you have to make this work for you long term, and a you will have to find out what is right for you. Just because it worked for someone else does not mean it is right for you. Example, some people eat really low points on real food and the use the other points left over for high calorie snacks or treats. it does work for some (ok i use to geat a pint of icecream after WI on wed night) but I starved all week to save points for it. In the 4 years I have learned, better to eat my points as real food and I use my exercise points for a treat. Then there is insentive to exercise and it makes room for the treats to keep me op.

Enjoy your meeting, there are lots of nioce people out there and you all have one thing in common.

be well,
-L
Old 02-24-2003, 11:53 PM   #5  
Roadrunner

My meeting went well. The scale showed a 6 lb difference from my doctors scale...unless I have gained 6 lbs in the last two weeks. Today is my first day OP and I have banked 3 points! I ran into a person I knew at the meeting. She is reallly nice and I am glad I saw her there. I hope to have the success you all have had. I gotta get my move on and start exercising again. I am just so tired between work and school, but I started taking a multivitamin today so maybe that will help! I don't plan on using my AP's....just need to get the exercise in.

Thanks for the words of encouragment, support and advise!
Old 02-26-2003, 11:34 AM   #6  

I weighed in Monday and was down 2.2 pounds! It feels good to fit into my old clothes again-I still want to lose about 20 more (and I will do it)!!! Any new ideas for recipes or good snacks? I made the 4 point pumpkin pie this week and have been eating it for breakfast everyday. I must have my sweets-but it is a life change and I will make good choices.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:34 PM   #7  
Roadrunner

I heard the Slim Fast bars are about 2 points a piece. I really like the peanut butter ones. They taste like 5th avenue bars to me. Also, tootsie pops are 1 point each...or so I hear. I think I am going to check them out at the grocery store.

I do have another question myself...how many of you watch your carbs on this diet? Also, how often do each of you exercise?
Old 02-27-2003, 02:43 AM   #8  

Default Here's my story!

Hey keelabean!

You wanted to know how we felt going into our first meeting ...well, that was a long time ago, but I can tell you about THIS time ...here goes!

I was excited but embarrassed to go to WW because I was a rejoining member ...more than once! I knew that the leader would recognize me, and so would the clerks, and they did! But I'd made the decision that this would be the last time I would be joining! I'm sticking with it this time ...and I have ...it has made such a difference in my life. My eating habits have drastically changed (definitely for the better!) ...I now consider it a 'lifetime change' ...'healthy' is the way I eat now. I feel wonderful ...no more heartburn, no more painful knees, ankles and hips ...no more getting up tired and sore and going to bed exhausted! I am going to stick with this, no matter how long it takes because this way of eating is something that I can do for the rest of my life. At times, it's been a slow process. I've lost 94 pounds so far, and have 22 more to go. I WILL GET TO GOAL, and I plan on staying there! I've hit plateau's and had some gains, but I'm not quitting ...I have before, and gained way more than I lost ...I won't do that again.

I encourage you to stay for the meetings, choose healthy food over 'snack' food, and get into a regular exercise program as soon as you can (I do Curves 3-5 days a week). Journal everything (even if you're over), drink plenty of water, and enjoy the journey!

Oh, by the way, the Slim Fast Bars (the 'Butterfinger' tasting ones) are 3 points ...but when you get the craving, they're worth it!

I know you'll do great.

Loosinit
Closed Thread