Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 01:46 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/18/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 01-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #2  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Height: 5'3"

Looks like this may be my only time to post during the week. It was great reading about all your successes when I got home from school late last night!! All the NSV's and the WI's etc. keep me moving forward toward my goals.

Thank you sooo much for the tips and the words of encouragement. I think being organized and a step ahead will definitely keep me from messing up. I can see that now and I appreciate those pointers. Lucky me too for such a great hubby!!! He made salmon and cauliflower and brought it to school for me between my break! I was beyond thrilled! Such a sweetheart for sure!!

Backdropsilhoette(sp?)...I hope you're feeling better today I hate when I'm sick, but it sounds like you really have a nasty little bug there. Like everyone said we are here for to cheer you on each step you take toward your goals just take care of yourself for now!!

Lisa I sent a request to be added via FB too...pretty please

Have a great Wednesday!!! I wish you all a successful day on OP!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 226/206/150

Height: 5'7

Good morning! Today is day 9 and things are going really well. For the most part I like most of the ip packets and I am finding great recipes on this site. Tonight I am trying the big Mac in a bowl & I can't wait! I hope everyone has a great OP day : )
Old 01-18-2012, 07:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceym View Post
Good morning! Today is day 9 and things are going really well. For the most part I like most of the ip packets and I am finding great recipes on this site. Tonight I am trying the big Mac in a bowl & I can't wait! I hope everyone has a great OP day : )
Big mac in a bowl is great
Old 01-18-2012, 07:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

I am SO HAPPY... started 'round two' on Jan 2 and first week was kind of shaky.... looking for my glass of wine and cheese... total weakness in that area... BUT... with my 14 day vaca coming up down south in 19 days... I said WELL I am 10 lbs heavier than I was this time of year LAST year........that was motivation enough for me! Down 2 more since yesterday! Nothing like a number change and how you feel in your clothes to motivate you to continue on! Have a GREAT OP day everyone... you will get there, just dont give up!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 135/124/120

Yesterday was my weigh in and lost another 2.5 lbs! I'm going to Hawaii in 6 days for my honeymoon with my husband and can't wait! I started Phase II yesterday. I'm wondering if I should start Phase III on Saturday just in case I eat or drink something not IP friendly. I don't plan on going carb crazy but I would like to enjoy some things while I'm there. Any suggestions?

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

I have WI2 today after school. I'll admit that I'm not optimistic, but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. The raspberry jello is taking forever to chill! LOL, I'm gonna be uber busy today. I hope you all have a great day (that's OP of course!).
Old 01-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #8  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning fellow Ipeeps I've been off ther boards for a few days because I haven't been feeling well. I think I feeling better now I've been struggling the last four days with hunger but haven't given in. I'm not sure if the excess hunger is because my body was fighting whatever illness I had or I'm just hungry. It was like some none flu kind of flu with headaches, dizziness, extreme exhaustion and my eyes were burning like I had a fever (I don't have a thermometer so I can't confirm the fever). I am concerned that ketosis hasn't set in for me. I'm well into week three and have been 100% OP. My Ketostix are being delivered today so I will be testing myself.

Good luck to everyone with their WIs today! I hope everyone has a fabulous day! Stay strong and OP!

Last edited by Lorilou; 01-18-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! I hope you all have a great day full of staying on plan and more losses!

I have a very long day today- after work, I have an evening meeting where they always serve food. I am preparing this morning to bring my food with me for tonight.

Is there a facebook page for us?

I will try to check in later!!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #10  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Not too happy this morning with myself.
Weighed myself because I just felt so bloated & YEP. UP 1.5lbs!
Not officially weighing until Monday & I know TOM is coming, it has to be because I've been right on plan, but it still is frustrating.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

So...I left my sheet (and the copies I made!) at work yesterday. I need help with vitamins! I got the food down, but can't remember what foods to take and when. HELP!!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
Good morning fellow Ipeeps I've been off ther boards for a few days because I haven't been feeling well. I think I feeling better now I've been struggling the last four days with hunger but haven't given in. I'm not sure if the excess hunger is because my body was fighting whatever illness I had or I'm just hungry. It was like some none flu kind of flu with headaches, dizziness, extreme exhaustion and my eyes were burning like I had a fever (I don't have a thermometer so I can't confirm the fever). I am concerned that ketosis hasn't set in for me. I'm well into week three and have been 100% OP. My Ketostix are being delivered today so I will be testing myself.

Good luck to everyone with their WIs today! I hope everyone has a fabulous day! Stay strong and OP!
I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. If you have been following 100% OP then you would be in ketosis. Did you take any medication while not feeling well that might kick you out? You might want to ask your coach, but when I felt like that in the early days of IP, I would add some extra protein to get me through. I hope you feel better soon.

I hope everyone has a good OP day today.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Not too happy this morning with myself.
Weighed myself because I just felt so bloated & YEP. UP 1.5lbs!
Not officially weighing until Monday & I know TOM is coming, it has to be because I've been right on plan, but it still is frustrating.

Your water will help you, and 1.5 from bloating is TEMPORARY! Hang in there...I feel for you because that is what I do and why I always get so frustrated. Stupid TOM....and PCOS.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #14  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
Your water will help you, and 1.5 from bloating is TEMPORARY! Hang in there...I feel for you because that is what I do and why I always get so frustrated. Stupid TOM....and PCOS.
I've been drinking over 4 liters a day :/ But I'm trying for 5 today lol. It's so hard with PCOS because it's always a *surprise*. I just wish I could've gotten a couple "good" weeks under my belt before this LOL. But here's hoping -fingers crossed-

Thanks for helping
Old 01-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
I've been drinking over 4 liters a day :/ But I'm trying for 5 today lol. It's so hard with PCOS because it's always a *surprise*. I just wish I could've gotten a couple "good" weeks under my belt before this LOL. But here's hoping -fingers crossed-

Thanks for helping
For me, when I gain with TOM and PCOS bloating crap, I usually have a bigger loss the following week....don't know what I'll do tomorrow with my first weigh in, but that is how it has been with every other diet I've been on!!
Closed Thread