Old 01-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #1  
Amber

S/C/G: 225/159/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Just took my dreaded before pic..... eww

So it was officially 1 week that I have been on my weight loss journey as on yesterday... i'v lost 3.8 lbs.. I was talking to a friend at work today and I said that I had all the before pics I needed because I have been fat in pics for years.. well she convinced me in taking good pics in the mirror of my body so I could really compare the difference later, so I did.. and ew I just feel disgusted.. i don't even want my husband to look in my phone and see them. I almost want to print them, hide them in my drawer and never look at them again..I know its just the beginning.. I just hope it make it!
Bellasmommy924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

You'll love having before pics when you have nice after pics to compare them to. Take measurements too!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/166.6/150

Height: 5'8''

You'll make it. And don't be so hard on yourself. Still love your body for your body, and think to yourself, "I'm like clay. I can take this body and shape it into something I want it to be."

I (also a newbie) am looking forward toward your progress!
runtothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Oh Lordy, don't I know this one! I didn't take any posed before pictures and I don't have true before measurements. I wish I did. Because very soon you can look back and see it as a time past and you will be proud of where you are and not stuck on where you have been.

I do have some before photos that are candid photos and I took measures about a month later, so I have that. And I kept one pair of pants to compare when I finish.

I just started a new challenge this yeqr for looking better in a swimsuit. I had my husband take a photo of my on January 1st in my sports bra and an athletic skirt. This is after already losing 70 pounds and I was appalled at what I still looked like. My husband said that I looked a lot better than 70 pounds heavier and that I wasn't in the most flattering outfit anyway (and it was just after working out). Reality is, in a few months I'll be happy I can have a before photo because I will be able to see the progress better (instead of getting stuck on looking at all that still needs work).

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 01-13-2012 at 09:49 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #5  
Amber

thanks ladies!!!! I know later when I look back I will be happy... but man it was painful! I have measurements too thankfully... i have a trainer i see 2 times a week.. she did my measurements.. but i didn't look at them lol... i would rather just have her tell me when I lost inches.. lol
Old 01-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5

sometimes a dose of reality is a good thing. And you can use that pic as motivation when you are maintaining.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:24 AM   #7  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie View Post
sometimes a dose of reality is a good thing. And you can use that pic as motivation when you are maintaining.
I agree. Before I lost 49 pounds, I knew I was overweight but just never knew that it was that bad, you know? Lept telling myself that I just had a few pounds to lose.

Last night I showed my mom a picture taken almost a year ago. Wow it was hard and I couldn'r believe I let myself get to that point.

You will see, once you start seeing changes in your body and appearance yiu will be motivated to keep it up. Remember, it's not a diet, it's a way of life

Congrats on your 3.8 pounds
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/160/128lbs or 90/73/58kg

Height: 5'6

Just remember to be patient and always keep a positive mind and you can do anything! Well done on your loss
thegetfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:19 AM   #9  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

I know exactly what you mean! My first before picture was at 186 lbs, I dread to think what I looked like a 200 lbs. But now I've hit the 40 lbs lost mark and I've been trying to keep on top of picture taking every 5 lbs I'm so glad! Don't be disgusted, it's who you are but you want to change it. Use it as motivation, turn the shame into inspiration to change. Think "never will I look like this again!"
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

I agree with everyone else - you will be SO GLAD that you have this when you have some later pictures to compare to! I try to take pictures in the same clothes (usually just sports bra and undies) so I can see the progress I've made. It can be really encouraging.

I will say, though, that you should try not to let yourself feel disgusted and miserable about it. In my experience, at least, it's a lot easier to change my body if I'm doing it out of self-love and not self-hate.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #11  
Amber

I'm SO glad I did it and got it over with.... I think getting up the courage to get it over with was the worst part..I asked my husband last night to please help me this time... he's military and gone a lot.. i always do great when he's gone but when he's around I tend to relax and get lazy... and EAT!! I know he wants to lose some too so I asked him to please get on my case if I start getting lazy and making excuses... then to please remind me to look at my pics... i really need him to back me up this time..and not get stuck in our old patterns.. i want a lifestyle change for our whole family, including my 15 month old... i do not want her living on processed food!
Old 01-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I am thankful every month that I took a before picture. When I need that boost of motivation, I look at it. I take a picture every month to chart my progress, and putting them side by side is honestly the best feeling there is. To see how far I've come gets me through the next month.

It's hard and emotional!

And I'm a military spouse, too, so I totally understand what you mean about that. When they're gone you turn into superwoman, healthy, busy, organized. When they come back? Finally we can relax, and eat!!

I truly wish you all the best!!
Buutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #13  
Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buutastic View Post
I am thankful every month that I took a before picture. When I need that boost of motivation, I look at it. I take a picture every month to chart my progress, and putting them side by side is honestly the best feeling there is. To see how far I've come gets me through the next month.

It's hard and emotional!

And I'm a military spouse, too, so I totally understand what you mean about that. When they're gone you turn into superwoman, healthy, busy, organized. When they come back? Finally we can relax, and eat!!

I truly wish you all the best!!

thank you soo much! He got to come home this weekend, as soon as I saw him I thought diet? What diet??? But i made him promise to not let me break this weekend... I made it through, not 1 cheat.. thank god.. we even managed to do 3 miles walking together.. phew