General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker!/135

Height: 5'6

Default Help! Is this a plateau?

Okay, my start weight was 230, I got down to 220 and then went back up to 222-221. I have been STUCK at either 222 or 221 for THREE weeks now. I have done well on my diet, eating around 1400 calories daily. I have had 2-3 slip ups in three weeks, never going over 300 above my 1400 limit each time. I walked 8 miles last week, and 6 miles the week before. I have done 3 miles this week and have 4 more to go. Why am I stuck at this stupid weight? and.. how do I get my weight loss moving again?
SWhite0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #2  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Hi SWhite, Generally a plateau is 6 weeks at the same weight. You've already lost 10lbs, so that tells us that your calorie count is probably just about right. I know sometimes after a few weeks we can get more casual with measuring, etc. Your body may also suddenly release several pounds in a week or two and then start moving lower.

If you are staying at your 1400 calories and if you are able to sustain that, I would continue on with your plan. The weight will come off.

You may want to check your salt intake and also some people hold weight longer when they eat too many carbs. I don't believe in giving up any food group, but you may need to tweak things a bit.

Keep walking, maybe adding and additional 15 minutes per session, or walking at least 30-45 minutes each day, worrying less about the distance and more about moving at a nice clip for a certain amount of time.

My guess is that you're generally on the right track and just need to stay committed to your plan. It can be very frustrating!!!!!

Don't forget, you've lost 10 lbs, and that is a good thing.
Congratulations on that!
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote