Old 01-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #1  

Default Delicious Recipe

Even when I was on my strictest diets there is on thing I would not give up. Fried Chicken cutlets. I found this recipe for baked chicken cutlets I did a slight variation of it I thought I would hate it but It really good and I actually like it better then fried. I don't think I will ever go back

Chicken cutlet
eggwhite
whole wheat bread crumbs
salt

Preheat oven to 325 slightly wash chicken season with salt. Beat the eggwhite, Dip the chicken in eggwhite and coat lightly with bread crumbs. Place in lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake ten minutes on each side. place cutlet on paper towl to absorb any extress oil,
You can try Pam but I can't take the taste of that stuff. I am a FFP
which means fussy fat person but I love this
Enriquesgirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yum! I do something similar, but with Whole Wheat panko bread crumbs. It's even crunchier!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #3  

Thanks! I do something similar with whole pieces of bone-in chicken. I heat a cast iron skillet in the oven for about ten minutes (at 375-400). When it's good and hot, I put a couple tablespoons of olive oil in the pan, heat for another minute or so, and then put my egged & breaded chicken pieces in the pan. It should sizzle. I quickly spray w/ olive oil (I use a Misto---don't want that chemical propellant in my food!). Cook for approx. 25 min. per side. (When turning, be careful not to leave the crust on the bottom of the pan---I use a spatula to be sure). This can be done w/ regular chicken cutlets, too.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote