UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #1  

Default 2 day dairy diet anyone? Newbie here x

I have just completed day 1 of this diet w w w.allaboutyou.com/health/diet/diets-2-day-diet-dairy-diet

So far so good, am not too hungry and have a glass of milk left before bed.

I am truly rubbish at diets though - have never stuck to one for long. Days are hardest for me as I am a stay at home mum. So I chose this diet which allows me some freedom for 5 days a week at least.

I want to shift 8kilos that has stayed since I had my sons (now 3.5 and
1.5).

Would be really happy to join you all and to cheer everyone along!!
Mumsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #2  

day 2 done. phew, back to relative normality tomorrow. today was so tough. i woke up tired and light headed no doubt due to the 650 calorie day the day before. but i struggled on and kept on with my milk and aside from a little headache didnt feel too hungry. around 3pm is my hardest time.

today went to a kids birthday party with my two boys, and managed to not nibble on their non eaten party food...pizza, cake, sandwiches, crisps..oooh i was so good and left them all. just a cup of tea for me thank you very much.

with dinner this eve i did have one extra tiny potato the size of an egg....i feel guilty but my headache has gone so i am not going to let myself feel to awkward....my guilt at having to stick to things 100 percent slightly unnerves me, i do tend to have an addictive personality.

i must remember this is a long term plan and not a short term thing. whats one egg sized spud when it comes to a day filled only with milk, a banana for lunch, more milk and a vege tea.

roll on tomorrow when breakfast will actually feature beyond a cuppa.

this diet seems like one i may be able to stick to / the idea that i can be normal ish again tomorrow pleases me no end, yet i have been able to grit my teeth and get through two very low calorie days...thats got to have burnt some weight off...even justa tiny bit...

hoping everyone else is doing well x
Old 01-13-2012, 06:01 AM   #3  

No one? Ah well. Will look elsewhere for fellow milky drinkers!..
Old 01-15-2012, 08:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 10st 13.5 lbs

Height: 5ft

Hey.. I just wanted to say that this is a quiet forum and doesn't seem to update very often, so don't take it too personally if nobody answers straight away... why not get yourself a blog? I have found it useful as a place to vent, to record my goals sucesses, and even bad days.. It also keeps me coming here which keeps me motivated to keep dieting Apart from that, just keep chatting away.. and someone will eventually chat..lol
so what is the dairy/milky diet thing? how does it work? is it a fad style diet? or does it have long term usage abillity?
I am just counting calories.. and trying to see how it goes. I wanna drop between 21-28 lbs before summer.. do you think you are losing?
MrsPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:26 AM   #5  

It is meant to be a long term thing. 2 days a week you eat just 4 x vege 1 x fruit and 2 pints semi milk. The other days you eat normally / sensibly. Sounds like a fad but it's meant to aid weight loss but also reduces insulin and something else, both of which play roles on breast cancer, so it helps avoid that too! Ideal for me - both sides of my family have a history of breast cancer. As reported in the telegraph so must be true! Haha

Week 2 now. 1st milk day of 2. All good so far. Only lost 1.1lb last week but then I only
"dieted" for 2 days. On Saturday i had a korma!!

Happy dieter here.
Thanks for your reply mrs penguin! And good luck with your weight loss!!! Sounds a lot to lose before summer, don't be too hard on yourself, slow is good right?
X
Old 01-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 10st 13.5 lbs

Height: 5ft

Hi yes.. slow is the best way I think.. but I don't think that 5 -6 months is too short a time to lose 21 -28 lbs.. so hopefully it will come off in time to enjoy lots of lovely new dresses for summer
Your diet sounds interesting.. and I have never heard of it before, so you must keep me updated on how it is going. Do you eat the vege's raw? or is it cooked veg? I have heard of a diet where you eat things raw and in a raw form and that keeps all the nutrients fresh and there for your body to suck up.. and get the benefit of, so it helps fight off cancer. It's kinda interesting.
MrsPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:49 AM   #7  

No these are cooked or raw. I tend to save as much as i can to tea time. I'd hate to go to bed hungry.
But you can eat them cooked as soups, a light stir fry, steamed however really.
The aim is to reduce the daily
Calories to 650ish for 2 consecutive days a week but to eat normally the rest the week. Today it's morning on day 2 of my
Milky (low cal) days. Oof it's hard. My sons toast marmite smells sooo good!
Old 01-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #8  

Default I started it yesterday

Hi
I started the 2 day dairy diet yesterday. I see you are allowed to swap the milk for yogurts, cottage cheese etc so I had milky coffee for breakfast, banana for elevensies, 150g of cottage cheese and a mullerlight for lunch, butternut/red pepper soup for tea and a stir fry too. A hot milk for bed time. Day 2 is a bit - had the same so far but am a bit peckish. 3 weeks till my holiday so hope it's worth it. Did you find the recipes on the genisis website?
Annie
Annie55 is offline   Reply With Quote