Old 01-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Blue Team Resolution Revolution CHAT Thread Week 2 (1/09 - 1/15)

Well we made it through week 1 and everyone did an awesome job !

Thank you for being patient while I get my bearings and figure all of this out.

Congratulations to all of the losers this week... we won !

Let's keep this great momentum up team !

Blue Team Total Lost: 54.56 lbs as a team or .87%

Blue Team Biggest Loser: Jeannettey (-14 lbs, -4.27%)

Honorable Mentions:

TooManyDimples (-6.8 lbs, -3.28%)
Ange120 (-6 lbs, -3.24%)
souvenirdarling (-5 lbs, -3.16%)

Here's hoping everyone has a great week. We are in Hawaii for the next two weeks and so far it's been amazing even though we just arrived yesterday afternoon. Although I ate horribly yesterday we did get bunches of walking in. Today we're going to just chill then tomorrow we have a snorkeling/katamaran tour.

Have a great day all !

Last edited by LeslieB; 01-09-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #2  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Congrats to all! And way to go BLUE TEAM!!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #3  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

YAYAY GO BLUE TEAM! WE WON!!!

Congrats to everyone who recorded a loss last week and helped us to win the first weigh in!

This week I really hope I can contribute with a decent loss, back off my holiday and determined to succeed from here on in!

LeslieB Thanks for looking after us, especially while on holiday! I hope you have a wonderful trip, it sounds awesome!

Has anyone got anything exciting planned for the week?

Mine is all about revision for an exam on Friday, and I start a new volunteer teaching assistant job tomorrow. Tomorrow evening my friend and I also start our twice weekly exercise classes and healthy suppers at hers. Hoping that will keep me motivated to stay on plan inbetween times too!

Have a great week everyone
Old 01-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #4  
Paso a paso

S/C/G: 264/Ticker/160

Height: 1.65

We won!! yay ... congrats to Jeannettey and of course everyone on blue team!!. Yay ^^
Old 01-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! I've been offline much of January, so I sadly managed to miss the first week and all of the intros, but I'm here now and excited to get started on the new challenge!

Like many of our Blue Team members, it seems, I'm an American living abroad (in Taiwan), and have a busy schedule of work, side projects, and a too-full social life. I find it VERY easy to get distracted from my plans, no matter how much sense my plans make. I participated in the last challenge, and did manage to lose a few pounds, but didn't stick with it as much as I wanted to. This time, I'm aiming to make a much stronger commitment and stick to my plan (mostly centered around exercise) all the way through rather than letting my crazy schedule send me off-track.

Hope you're all having a great start, and congrats to everyone for starting the challenge off with a win!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #6  

Hi slowrunner nice to meet you! I also missed most of last week becuase I was on holiday, now I'm ready to really contribute and have a great 11 weeks!

What are you doing in Taiwan? It's somewhere I'm considering working once I've finished my studies in September, hopefully! It looks like a beautiful and interesting country from my reading.

Well, I got back on the exercise wagon this afternoon, and I'm already in pain thanks to it, so I'm dreading the morning already, ouch! I also failed to have any carbs with my dinner, so I'm peckish now, at 8pm, think I'll have a handful of pretzels rather than being miserable!

On a good note, I've stayed pretty much on plan with food, got the exercise in, and drunk more than 5 pints of water so far, yay!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #7  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

Great job Blue Team!!

LeslieB- Enjoy Hawaii! That's where my husband and I grew up, met, and fell madly in love.

takingcontrol- Good going on the exercising!!

slowrunner- Taiwan? Too cool. Someday when my kids are out of the house I'd love to live abroad.

Husband is due to come home in two days. Last week I got my nails done and a new haircut and color. I have a killer outfit picked out and decided on how I'll do my makeup. I'm so nervous. My kids are afraid he won't recognize me. This is our seventh deployment but all the other times I "said" I'd lose weight while he was gone, this time I actually did it
Old 01-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #8  
Sue

Yeah! Way to go Blue Team!
Old 01-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #9  

Lambiechop How exciting! I can't wait to hear about his reaction!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #10  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Thanks everyone. I think I'm still in shock but I'm working hard this week to get a good weigh in this week too. Nothing like 14 lbs of course but a good one.

Congrats to the Blue team! We Rock!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #11  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Awesome Blue Team! Congrats everyone!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:54 PM   #12  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Yeah Blue!!!!

I'm so proud of our team!!! Onto week 2 keeping our momentum, right?

Tania - welcome to another Aussie, and slowrunner in Taiwan, happy to have you both aboard.

Glad we'll be seeing more of you Kate - you're always so positive.

Leslie - thank you so much for taking care of us while your in . . . Hawaii!!!!

I wanted to tell you Anne, you're before and after pics are awesome, very inspiring.

Quilly - tell us a little about those tricks you have up your sleeve . . .

Jeanetty - OMG! You rock - 15 lbs. Incredible.

Cathy - emotions are so hard on an eating plan, hang in there, we're here for you. Plus . . . you're so close to onderland . . . makin' me awfully jealous.

Tate - I liked what you said to us "You challenged yourself to do this . . ." I'm like you, a do-it-againer, and a regainer too, but this time, I'm stronger and plus I have to give Kim a run for her money for being the next BL . . . or maybe you have a claim to that????

Kayakgirl - you've done so well, over 30 lbs lost, hang on to that forward movement.

Rainy - you saying that you're still thrilled to see a "1", even many pounds into onederland, motivates me. My 2013 New Year goal is to be there in that ever elusive arena.

Rachel - I know how good it must have felt to be back at your beginning weight. I too was up above my starting weight, but like you, I lost that, and a little more. Whooop!!!

Beth - Hope the prednisone isn't playing with your numbers, just judge by your clothing and what they used to call on here NSV - non-scale victories, like someone noticing, your clothes getting looser or getting back into smaller ones. Glad you're feeling better, too.

I had a semi-off plan day yesterday. We had prime rib, company over. Had some butter on half a potato, ate 2 biscuits also with butter. But, I'm patting myself on the back for not having any pie and ice cream, and the scale is holding. Hope you all are finding strength to stick to your eating and exercise plans. I still need to work on the exercise part . . . soon, very soon.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:42 AM   #13  

Dora Well done for staying in control yesterday, avoiding pie & ice cream, wow! GL for getting on the exercise plan, it's so difficult to get going, and keep going for a while, but once it becomes routine it's far far more satisfying than any diet plan ever

Jeanetty GL for another great week!

OK, so confession time. Yesterday was only my second day on plan after holiday, and I did so well, til about 9.30 when I found a big bar of choccie left over from Christmas and ate it, booooo! I'm not gonna beat myself up about it, what's done is done. Only one more bar left now, and I'll try my best to leave that be, but once it's gone I've got no more temptations left, so things will get easier!

OK, here's to a great Tuesday! I'm a little achy this morning after yesterday's workout, but nothing too bad, so I'm looking forward to another session today.

My meals will be a bit messed up today, as I start a new job, and have to get here just after 12, and will leave home at 11.20 which is too early for lunch, but wont finish til 3.30 then have to drive home, so not sure how I'm gonna fit in lunch and snacks and whatever. We'll see how it goes, as it's going to be my new Tuesday routine for the forseeable, so, I'll work something out!

Have a great day all x
Old 01-10-2012, 06:07 AM   #14  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations blue team and well done jeannetty

My weight is heading in the right direction, after gaining 4 pounds over the holidays, im now down 3! Almost back to my starting weight.

What does everyone find most helpful on this journey?

Tania
Old 01-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #15  

Tkkoz I find PLANNING the most important thing.

I plan in my exercise to make sure I do it.

I plan my meals to help stay on track and help me make good shopping choices at the supermarket.

I PLAN when I'm going to go off plan, and how far off plan I'm allowing myself to go.

I also try to plan for the unexpected, I always keep a healthy snack in my bag, carry water and green tea bags with me.

None of it always works, but without planning I'm pretty sure I'd go off plan far more!

I'm also trying to drink more water this challenge, and so far that seems to be helping. Will keep you posted!