Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5''

Default Camera puts on...20 lbs?

I've known for years that a camera puts on 10 lbs. I've seen this myself regarding my friends' pictures (i.e., they look smaller in person compared to what they look like in a photo). However, I recently purchased a new digital camera and took a few full body pictures of myself and cannot believe how HUGE I look. I'm not in denial of my weight gain, but I truly believe I am not as big as I appear in these photos. It looks like I weight 15 to 20 lbs more than what I am in person. When I look in several mirrors, I really do not look as big as I do in pictures. Is it me? Am I continuing to fool myself? I recently purchased the Sony Cyber-Shot digital camera.
FreeBird3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #2  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Think about it - what do you think is likely more accurate - a mirror or a camera?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

A big part of my size acceptance involved taking a lot of pictures of myself until I didn't find them cringe-worthy. In my case, accepting myself at my high weight was key for me in deciding I deserved to lose weight.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5''

Thanks for keeping it real. Wow...I've REALLY let myself go. I really let myself down. It's time to get serious about losing weight once and for all.

Want to hear something funny and strange? Since 2008, I've gained almost a solid 40lbs with the majority of the weight gain occuring in 2010 due to massive emotional eating caused by my parent falling deathly ill. I've went up 6 dress sizes during that time. Even though all these changes occured, I kept on thinking to myself "Well, as long as no one points at me and says 'look at that fatty', then I can't really be THAT fat."

Wow! I can't believe I did this to myself. It's time to change as of today.
FreeBird3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 226/?/150

Height: 5'4

I remember doing that when i seen the pics from my sons first birthday =( It makes for a good wake up call though. Just think of it like this stick to your workout plan and eating right and you will not look like those before pics!!!! You will have all new After pics to take!!!!

good luck!!!!
Icey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

i have this problem with weight and height. i always think im smaller and shorter than i am, then i see pictures of me with other girls and im like oh god im a cartoon viking lol but youll get to a place where you dont see pictures of yourself and be shocked
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote