General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #1  

Default The Zone help/advice?

Hi there, i know this is an older food plan but I always had good success with it. Im wondering if anyone else out there is doing it or has feedback.

Im starting fresh again today is day 3 of clean eating and Im not sure what food plan im going to do yet.

I did hcg about 6 months ago and never should have done it, it wasnt a good plan for me. So now im dealing with some metabolism issues i think and just getting my body back to a good place. Open to suggestions and help
thanks
shiningthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #2  
banned

Hi there,
I'm a big believer of plans that suit the individual person. Depending on your physiology, some plans will suit you while some plans will make you sick. That's just the facts. If you find that the Zone works well for you then by all means use it!
RyanEdwardParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #3  

Thx for the support! Much appreciated!!!

Today is 5 days of clean eating and Im starting to feel more normal again. Sigh!
I know that patience and balance is going to be key to helping me take the weight off now, but Im so glad to be eating clean. Thx again and hope ur new year is starting off well.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #4  

Zone diet is about having 1/3 protein, 1/3 carbs, 1/3 fats, right? If right it sure is a sensible way to eat for most folks. I feel great on that type of macronutrient setup personally.
Gabbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:37 AM   #5  

thx for responding, i like it too

The actual Zone is 40%carb 30%protein 30%fat. But it moves around for me a little bit. Today i think I was actually closer to 1/3, 1/3, 1/3, all in all very healthy and positive for me so far
Old 01-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #6  

I'm never afraid of having a little extra of protein.

"Protein is more satiating than carbs/fats, requires more energy/kcal to get digested and utilized by the body, AND this is very important, increases thermogenesis (body temperature), which usually is called TEF (Thermic Effect of Feeding). This means that eating 50 grams of protein is NOT the same thing as eating 50 grams of carbs or 25 grams of fats, even tho the labels states it’s the same amounts of energy/kcal. The TEF from protein is about 15-30%, carbs 6%, and fats 3%. This means that 100 calories consumed from protein in real life will be 70-85 calories, and not 100. 100 calories from carbs will be 94 kcals, and fats will be 97 kcal."
Gabbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #7  

Hi I have always done better eating higher protein as well.

I still an interested in complex carbs for hiking, running, yoga etc, but the longer I have eaten high protein, my body can now use that and the fat for energy, i think its just about training my body to use certain things for energy.

I have 6 days today of being back on track and eating well/exercising. Haven't braved the scale yet, but i feel my body getting happier and shrinking a little bit.