Old 01-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #1  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Default I treated myself for getting past goal....

And got a BRAND NEW IPHONE 4S!!

What a time getting this stupid thing. Nobody had it yesterday!! Literally!

My upgrade date happened to coincide with me passing my goal and I was torn about whether I should spend the money or not, but considering that I never treated myself during my weight loss I decided that I deserved something nice for hitting almost 70lbs lost!

Yesterday I called around to (literally) 30 different stores and nobody had it! One guy at a Verizon store asked me if I wanted one because my phone broke and I said "No, I wanted to treat myself because I lost 70 pounds!" He said "Wow! I wish we had it so you could come in and I could see you! I'm so sorry!"

Nobody was scheduled to get them in until after the 10th. I figured I would order it, but I decided to try the apple store this morning since the guy I spoke to there yesterday said that they sometimes get new ones in the morning. I went right in and they had the 16GB black one! Yay!

I've got an iPad so iOS isn't foreign to me, but I haven't used an iPod Touch in a long time so I'm getting used to all of this again.

Anyone know any great apps (weight loss or otherwise?) I really need to step up the calorie tracking too since I've been losing too much weight (so I'm clearly not eating enough).
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/161/140

Height: 5'1

You definitely deserve it! I just look at your pics and seeing them makes me want to stick with it and finally do it this time. You are very inspirational! YAY Sontaikle!!!!
757MISTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #3  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Nice!
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/165

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on the new phone (and the weight loss!) And I agree with Misty, your story is such an inspiration! You started where I am now. And it's incredible that you lost all of that weight in about 7 months. Really puts into perspective that hard work and determination does indeed pay off, and that I can do this just like you have! Was it calorie counting and exercise that got you here? If you don't mind my asking, what did you do for exercise?
xLindsay46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #5  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

GAHHHH crazy 0.o I want one of those so badly but to broke since I just started a new job. Good reward for yourself though.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #6  
Rather be riding!

S/C/G: 81.5/75.1/60 since 18Feb2015

Height: 157 cm

Congratulations, and enjoy Siri (I totally stole my pseudo-MIL's at Christmas and played with it for hours!!) I have phone envy now!

What a great way to treat yourself. Congratulations!
LuckyDVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #7  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

LuckyDVL - My fiancée got the 4s a few weeks ago and I was stealing his phone all the time to play with Siri! It's too much fun!

baker23, jayohwhy, 757MISTY - Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLindsay46 View Post
Congrats on the new phone (and the weight loss!) And I agree with Misty, your story is such an inspiration! You started where I am now. And it's incredible that you lost all of that weight in about 7 months. Really puts into perspective that hard work and determination does indeed pay off, and that I can do this just like you have! Was it calorie counting and exercise that got you here? If you don't mind my asking, what did you do for exercise?
Thanks!

I started exercising long before I ever started watching what I ate. I go to the gym 5-6 times a week and always do a variety of different exercises in my group fitness classes. I make sure to get a good mix of cardio and strength training, but I do have one day that is dedicated to lifting heavy weights. I really believe it was the fact that I always switch it up that helped me avoid plateaus.

I'm also a teacher so I have a pretty active profession. I'm almost always on my feet during the day, although during the break I haven't done much activity other than going to the gym and taking my dog for a walk.

It was really the calorie counting that got me here, though. I was fit, but fat for years because I didn't watch what I ate.

Cutting portions (but not really diligently calorie counting) helped me lose 30lbs. I got to 135 by counting calories and eating 1200-1400 a day. I lost an additional 4lbs trying to figure out my maintenance calories (which I'm thinking must be quite a bit higher than the 1600-1700 I originally thought)

Last edited by sontaikle; 01-04-2012 at 08:27 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/165

Height: 5'5"

I'm actually a teacher too, but I work with infants so not the same I spend the majority of the day sitting on the floor. And when I first began this job about 2 months ago, I realized just how out of shape I really was when my muscles were in so much pain just from getting up and down off the floor. I began JM's 30 Day Shred the other day, and today was my 3rd day doing it. Which is actually a pretty big accomplishment for me considering last time I gave up after one workout. I'm so determined to lose this weight, and I'm glad I read your story, saw your pictures and found your blog!

Last edited by xLindsay46; 01-04-2012 at 09:27 PM.
xLindsay46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Yay! Congrats! What a nice treat

I use the LiveStrong app, Fitter+, 100 Pushups, and RunKeeper! Fitter+ is really neat for tracking measurements and stuff but you're already done with that! I believe I paid for LiveStrong and 100 Pushups but I think they are both worth it. I also use an app called App Tracker that keeps tabs on apps that went down in price or became free. There's a lot of junk in it but sometimes fitness ones show up or really neat games (I either got Plants Vs Zombies or Infinity Blade 50% off at one point because I found the sale in App Tracker).

These are my favorite apps: Doodle Jump, Scribblenauts, Waze (A GPS app that users report police, accidents, construction, etc along your route.. plus it's adorable), get an LED flashlight app!, DerManDar take 360 panorama photos, Camera+ has neat filters

Enjoy your new toy!

Last edited by Daki; 01-04-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Ticker.

You definitely deserved that [and more]!
I have always been a Blackberry girl, but RIM either needs to get it together or I am moving into the iPhone. My boyfriend has one for work & I've been playing with it ever since. Easy to maneuver and browser use is phenomenal. Not to mention all the apps out there. They have one for everything, so unless it is free, don't get too carried away.
MissGuided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Yay 4S!
I'm limping along on my 3GS, need to update it and my computer soon.
As for Apps, I couldn't have done the 1200-1400 a day time of my calorie counting journey without Lose it! a free app for iPhone that tracks foods and exercise as well as allowing you to create your own foods/exercises so you can tailor it to you. Also has lots of restaurant food info.

Might have to look in to the 100pushups app that Daki mentioned, as that's probably on my plate for the new year.

ETA: I just got iMapMyRun today to support my attempts to run outside rather than on the treadmill.

Last edited by fromthebox; 01-05-2012 at 01:55 PM.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote