Old 12-31-2011, 12:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team 2012 Resolution Revolution CHAT Thread Week 1 (01/01-01/8)

Hello Red Team!
My name is Mel & I'm the Red Team leader.
I have been participating in these challenges since 2009, when I started my lifestyle change.

A little about myself: I'm 44. Have 3 kids (2 girls- ages 11 & 7, and a boy aged 9, soon to be 10). I'm an admin assistant , official title, but more like an office administrator, and pretty much do everything under the sun.

I've done the couch to 5 k program and I am an on again off again runner. I ran my first 10k this past October.

I'm not a huge goal setter, which is part of my problem, but I've really slacked off on exercise, so I need to start exercising again, so the scale will move in a downward direction.

We have a LOT of new faces around this time. Please introduce yourself.
Each week there will be a new chat thread, exercise thread & nutrition thread. You can participate as much or as little as you like, but you must post at least once per week on the chat thread to be considered the biggest loser that week. Weight loss is calculated by % of body weight lost (# of pounds lost/weight)*100

I look forward to getting to know everyone. Let's go Red Team!
Old 12-31-2011, 12:39 PM   #2  
Born Again Dieter

S/C/G: 251/247/150

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi I am Catherine, used to be username Cakses and was both a Red Team member and a leader once as well before my life went downhill. I'm a single Mom of three kids ages 9, 7, and 15 months and 2011 was one of the worst years on record for me. I was 8 weeks post partum when I found out my husband (who was on military assignment out of the country) had been cheating on me with a female soldier and when confronted chose her instead of me and our family. I like to think that I was pregnant twice: once with my daughter and again with grief. I literally stagnated. Other than feeding my kids and bathing them I sat on the couch and breastfed and watched movies for a year. Needless to say now that I am doing better emotionally, my physical state is AWFUL!

I am determined to make a huge turnaround in 2012. I start school Jan 9th and I am putting myself first for the first time in a long time. I am incorporating both diet and exercise (not one or the other) into my daily life, as well as studying and lots of home cooking now that I am on a tight budget.

I have plantar fasciitis but I am going to try to get back into running as it is one of my easiest ways to lose weight fast. If that fails and I can't run I will be walking, biking and swimming my butt off to do my cardio.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:38 PM   #3  

HI Red Team
Cake no more: Welcome back!!1 I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, but I'm so happy to see you back on track and working hard to get your life back.

Mel: Glad to see you back as our fearless leader (said in really bad Russian accent)

Hi everyone, I'm Bette, I'm married, and have 2 wonderful children. DS is 22 and serving in the Army, and DD is 10 and in 5th grade. I'm a substitute teacher and live on a farm. I usually have a big garden in the spring and summer, but garden season is over. It's politician season in Iowa right now and I can't wait till it's over.
I recently joined a gym and I've been doing a lot of working out so this time through I'm hoping to show a good loss. My goal is to get to 205 lbs or less this challenge.
I hope everyone has a great New Years and Stay Safe.
Bette K
Old 12-31-2011, 07:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

I'm Pam and this is my first challenge. I'm 47 yrs old, married, 2 kids; both at home 18 yr DS & 13 yr DD. Live in So Cal. As long as I can remember, I've always had 20-30 lbs to lose... in the last 8 years, it's crept on as well as sleep problems, stress, asthma, sinus, inflammation, insulin resistance, depression... along with about 70 pounds.

Thanks to one of my doctor's (allergist), I was introduced to the Ideal Protein program. Within one week, I've felt better than I've felt in years. Looking forward to participating in this challenge.. should be fun and motivating.

Good luck to all of us, and Happy New Year!!
Old 01-01-2012, 02:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey, red team!

My name is Amber, I'm 23 years old, married to an amazing man for almost 3 years. We've been trying to add to our family most of the time we've been married, so that's a huge part of my life. We want kids more than anything. We finally got pregnant this year after almost three years of trying, only to lose the baby at nearly 11 weeks. It was the worst thing that's ever happened to me...but after almost 2 months and a go-ahead from the doctor, we're going to start trying again soon. I don't know how long its going to take this time around, but we're not giving up!

Anyway, I've been overweight most of my life, and I'm ready to say goodbye to it. I'm going to be losing as much weight as I can (in a healthy way, of course.) while trying to get pregnant. I just want to be as healthy as I can possibly be.

My biggest issue in weight loss is exercise. I'm trying to make it a regular part of my day, and trying to keep pushing myself...I hope this challenge will be just the push I need to get myself rolling!

Looking forward to getting to know you ladies, and I'm so looking forward to this!
Old 01-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #6  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Hello team!

I'm Shannon. I'm 24, married, and I work as a nurse aide. A few years ago, I lost 80 pounds but I've only kept 30 of those pounds off. Once I realized I was so close, I realized it was time to get back on the journey. I've been overweight for most of my life. I'm recovering from a strained achilles tendon.

I love to hula hoop. It's practically like a drug. Other than that I spin poi, fire fans, and flow wand. I write for hooping.org and my personal hooping blog (which I've been neglecting lately). I'm actually taking a hoop certification class.

My biggest problem right now is finding a form of strength training that I like that won't aggravate my achilles. I'm hoping this will encourage me to get motivated to try harder than I have been lately. This weekend I've been binging so much it isn't funny. I got a fitbit for Christmas which I'm hoping will help encourage me to move more
Old 01-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

HI RED TEAMMATES:
I'm Munchey & I'm excited to be a member of the team and to share my journey with the team during this competition. I live in California and I'm over 50. I have some challenges with exercise because I have knee problems - especially my left knee.
2011 IN REVIEW:
It took me until mid May of 2011, but I finally hit rock bottom. I hadn't faced the scale in a couple of years. My prior all-time high weight was in the high 220's. In May, when I faced the scale, I hit 250. I was out of shape and out of breath with simple walks. I had given up on trying to work around my bad knee. I made the decision to begin my journey and I'm glad that I did. In review, I'd can claim the following:
            MY PLAN FOR 2012

Last edited by munchey; 01-01-2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Modify
                        Old 01-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Red Team!

This is my first "official" biggest loser challenge on these boards. I was a part of a biggest loser challenge in the 20-somethings forum for the past six weeks, but that kind of fell apart. I'm looking forward to this challenge and continuing on with my slow, but steady progress of 1/lb loss per week and lose a total of 12 lbs.

About myself: I am a 29-year old grad student with no obligations or responsibilities (besides my oft-delayed dissertation! ). I have lost 80 lbs since last August (although I may have some water weight from the holidays. I'm not really sure about this since my sister's scale has proven fairly unreliable). Overall, I have lost 125 lbs from my highest weight. I hope to contribute as much as I possibly can to the Red Team during this challenge both in terms of weight loss and support.

LET'S GO, RED TEAM!!!
                        Old 01-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #9  
                        Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Hi
                        I'm Miranda and i'm 23 years old. I've been married to my husband for almost 5 years now. He is the best thing to happen to me & I have no idea where I'd been without him.

I'm looking forward to making 2012 our year!
                        Old 01-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 187/190/145

Height: 5'5

Hello Red Team

I'm Jennifer and I'm 27 years old. I am down 7 pounds (from 187, my highest weight) since November and am currently following the Beck Diet Solution and calorie counting.

I just moved to a new city for work and am hoping to join a gym this week (like everyone else in the new year )

I look forward to getting to kow all of you and am determined to make 2012 my healthiest year ever!
                        Old 01-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #11  

Hello ladies-
                        Thanks for checking in. Good to see familiar & new faces. It takes me a while to do personals but I will try my best.
                        After reflecting over the past yard- I'm looking to lose about 20 pounds.

If you haven't done so already- be sure to post to the Red Team Weekly Weigh in Thread- here

Bette- What a way to send out 2011! I'm using you as my inspiration to get to the gym.

Cake no More- Welcome back Catherine! Sounds like you've had a trying year to say the least. You've taken the first steps- which are often the hardest and we're here to support you in all ways.

Pam- Welcome- I've recently heard about IdealProtein- I think another team member wuv2beloved is following it as well and has had success.

Welcome Amber- sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Be sure to

Shannon- Hello & welcome. I checked out your website- I never knew hula hooping was so popular! What does being certified in hooping mean? You're able to teach?

Munchey- good to see you again!

PrincessGina- congrats on losing 80 lbs since last August! Impressive. What are you studying in grad school?

Miranda- Welcome aboard!

Canuck Girl- Welcome. I live in Calgary (though I'm from the US)

I've sent PM to most team members- so hopefully we'll get this board hopping' tomorrow.

Last edited by CanadaMel; 01-01-2012 at 11:23 PM.
                        Old 01-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #12  
                        Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone, I am Lisa from Gulfport Ms. Divorced with 2 boys 20 and 23. I was in the Last BL challenge and really enjoyed it. Glad to be back on the red team. As of last Wednesday I have lost a total of 115lbs in 7 months. I still have 23lbs to go to my first goal then my final goal will be 50lbs after that. Good luck to everyone!!!
                        Old 01-02-2012, 03:36 AM   #13  
                        Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
                        Shannon- Hello & welcome. I checked out your website- I never knew hula hooping was so popular! What does being certified in hooping mean? You're able to teach?
                        Yeah, although hooping is so new there is no need to take a certification. I wrote an article about certifications a few months ago that was filled with drama and I wanted to see if my opinion would change after taking a certification class. And it is. So far, talking to other hoopers has helped me more than this class. I'm hoping in a few months to start group fitness certification. I think gyms might respect that more in the long run.

I entered a contest a few weeks ago and it's up for public vote! It's a chance to go to a Biggest Loser Resort for four weeks. Here's the link. It's on facebook and I'd love to win. Everyone can vote once a day. I'm the girl hula hooping in her video!
                        http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/...tries/39288179
                        Old 01-02-2012, 06:20 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by CanadaMel View Post
                        Welcome Amber- sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Be sure to
                        Thank you.

Be sure to...?
                        Old 01-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #15  

Good morning Red Team

Happy Monday. So you've signed for the challenge- are you ready to commit to your new lifestyle change? And that what it is, not a quick change lose 5 pounds in 5 days diet (unfortunately). We will learn to take gradual steps to making better lifestyle choices.

I am increasing my knowledge base this challenge, by reading Wheat Belly, Small Change Diet, and 52 Small Changes: one year to a happier, healthier you.
                        I hope to share any interesting tidbits with you as we go along.

What will you focus on the first week of this challenge?
                        I will focus on 2 things: starting my resistance exercises again & drinking my water. How much water should you drink? In the book 52 small changes they recommend that you take your weight divided by 2 and that is the number of ounces of water you should drink. So I should drink ~80 ounces of water. They also recommend drinking one glass each hour. So that is what I will try to do.

Amber- sometimes (more often than not) I can be a space cadet! Meant to say that be sure to take care of yourself & be mentally and physically ready before trying again. I'm sure you've heard this before though. I found being able to tak about it helps & is a sign that you are ready.

Lisa- good to see you again!

Munchey- I liked your review of 2011 & your steps for 2012.

Shannon- 4 weeks at the ranch- you sure? LOL