Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 05:34 AM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default ~~*January Chat*~~ It's 2012!

Hey everyone! Figured I'd open up the January chat and weigh in threads early since that's what I do =p.

Hope you all have a great new year and I look forward to hearing all your New Years Evening stories tomorrow!

Last edited by Riestrella; 02-01-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #2  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Hey everyone! How did you spend your New Years Eve? I stayed in with a really good friend, we watched films, played video games, ate a LOT and had some really good laughs. We both don't make a big deal out of New Years so it was nice to do something chilled out with someone who feels the same way I do!

My period is around the corner so I'm getting moody, ballooning up a bit and I don't like it one bit! I'm going to spend today aptly sorting my life out a bit, I've already gone through my wardrobe and I'm getting rid of a mound of clothes. It was difficult, because some clothes I used to love, but I just don't wear any more so it was pointless to keep. I don't want to end up being a hoarder like my Mum! My wardrobe now looks nice and roomy, ready for new clothes methinks!

I hope this year I reach my goal with of 130 lbs! That would be amazing!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #3  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Happy New Year!! I am so ready to tackle this year! I am very proud because I survived my first temptation this morning. I woke up and could see and smell a big, beautiful piece of cake leftover from last night. I thought, I'll just eat it up and then it will be gone and THEN I'll start my lifestyle change. But, JIllian came into my head and said, 'If you eat at temptation, I WILL kill you.' And so, I went on to eat a healthier breakfast of eggs.

Yes, I pretend like my life is one big BL episode. Lol
Old 01-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #4  
Weight Watcher

S/C/G: 244/199/140

Height: 5"5

Heather:Congrats on resisting temptation. It's baby steps!

My cousin and her husband where having some friends over so my BF and I went there for NYE. Nothing to wild seeing as they have twin 16month olds who where sleeping in the next room.lol. Just cranium and poker with a couple beers and champagne at 12. What killed me this morning on the scale were the snacks! Donuts, Hummus,carrot cake and chips! I'm up 4lbs from yesterday but here's to hoping it leaves just as fast!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

We shot a few fireworks and went to bed early. It was nice to be able to just go out back and shoot them though. Baby Girl didn't like them. She would cry every time one went off. So, halfway thru I ended up taking her back inside.

I'm ready to get this new year started!

I'm kinda bummed, however. I was talking to my babysitter the other day about me maybe working out at the gym right after I get done at the elem. school before I come pick up the kids. She said that it wouldn't be a good time for her because she has to get supper done by 5pm and it's hard with Baby Girl there. I was going to start going back this week or next, but I don't even want to now because I know I won't be able to keep up with it when I start my student teaching. With that being said, I'm really going to focus on my eating and just try to get it back in order.

Rie - AF is visiting me now...ugh! I feel like poo.

Heather
- yay! for resisting your first temptation of the year!!

Wanna - Maybe if you just chug some water, that weight will come on down. That's what I do and it seems to help after a day/evening of snacking.

Last edited by sgregg; 01-01-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #6  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Happy New Year everyone!

I had the most wonderful New Year's. I got to spent time with my fiancee and an old friend of his and his family. I think the best part was just waking up next to him in the morning since we're usually not afforded that luxury (we both still live in our parents' homes). It was a nice way to start off the new year

A bit of a NSV actually. We went to his friend's house and his friend's family was very excited to see me because they heard about us getting engaged and hadn't seen me since earlier this year. They didn't recognize me and almost yelled at my fiancee because they thought he brought over another girl!! Haha I thought that was hilarious!

Riestrella - great job on getting rid of the clothes! I know how difficult it can be and I've struggled getting rid of some myself. I love giving them away though and I've given clothes to friends who needed them It's nice to see your clothes going to a new home!

HeatherMcG - yay for resisting temptation!

WannaBaSkinnybride - Don't fret! It's likely water weight/bloat!

sgregg - finding time to work out when student teaching is really hard! I managed to do it back in grad school but I felt like I was running on overdrive trying to balance the student teaching, my grad classes, the gym and work. Good luck!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 156/155/140

My Fiance and I went to Fogo de Chao last night (basically, all you can eat brazillian meat) and stuffed our faces. Glad we did that in 2011 because thats definately a no-no in 2012. Then we played board games until midnight and had a few glasses of champagne.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #8  
Resident Cynic

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Happy new year, indeed! Can I join in the chat? I've been absent from the boards for a long while but I'm trying to get back on-track.

I'm so jealous of everyone who spent NYE playing board games! That's pretty much my ideal evening. I spent my NYE watching a Spartacus: Blood and Sand marathon with my mother, which was also pretty fun.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #9  
New BodyBugger!

Sounds like some wonderful NYE plans happened!!! We are starting to get some snow here today. Tomorrow I'm back to work. Boo! Have a great day today!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #10  

Good morning, folks!

I had my first weigh-in of the new year this morning. This time last year I was definitely higher since I was preggo. I didn't really like what I saw, but I can't say much since I've been slacking since October. New year, new week, new day, new start! My plan today is to drink at least 48 oz. of water and to stay within my calorie range of 1400-1500 calories.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #11  

I just installed the MyFitnessPal app on my phone. Anyone else using this? I've been using MyPlate on Livestrong.com, but they didn't have a free app and the app they did offer had poor reviews. Anyway, just wanted some opinions from my calorie counter girls that were using it.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy 2012! I hope I can join this post.

I had a pretty lame NYE. My now ex-boyfriend decided to break up with me on Christmas Eve (classy, right?) so I was not feeling up to partying on NYE. I ended up going to a friend's place and we drank wine and watched When Harry Met Sally and actually missed the ball drop Didn't realize it until about 12:08 when a slew of text messages came in.

Riestrella - I plan on doing the same today or tomorrow. My closet/wardrobe are packed to the limit and a lot of it doesn't fit me right now. It must have felt great to make some room for some new stuff! Here's to reaching that 130 goal in 2012

HeatherMcG - Yay for saying no to the cake! I would have had to pour something on it and thrown it out to say no!

sgregg - Poor baby How old is she? Is working out from home in the morning an option?

sontaikle - That's a great way to wake up. When did you get engaged? Do you have a wedding date set yet?

Pinkberrry - Mmmm I LOVE Brazilian food.

Scoot - I too wish my evening involved something other than Mary Poppins and wine Maybe next year?

WannaBaSkinnybride - Crazy how fast snacking shows up on the scale...I agree with sgregg, drinks lots of fluid today and get back on track! It'll fall right off.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #13  
New BodyBugger!

Sgreg- I am! I really like it. And, the scanner is really nice.

Coco- lol, It may still come to that. I wish my hubby would just eat the rest of it so it can be gone!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #14  

teamcoco - I suppose I could work out from home, but I hate those dang dvds! LOL! Also, I would have to wake up about 4:30am, and I just don't know if I'm ready to do that yet.
Sorry about your break-up...that stinks. Oh, and Baby Girl is almost 9 months. She's a handful right now, but not as much as she could be since she's not crawling yet. I'm not looking forward to that day. Haha!

Last edited by sgregg; 01-02-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #15  

Heather - I didn't know it had the scanner option!! That's awesome. I'm going to have to figure that out!
Closed Thread