Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #1  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Questions for those with Type 2, PCOS, used to weigh 300+ and have lost 30+ lbs.

I wasn't sure where to post this...

I'm 50. At my highest weight of 353 lbs, I was around 45 years old. When I was at my heaviest, I was just diagnosed with type 2. I already knew I was PCOS and perimenopausal. I never went on any meds because I learned how to manage everything with diet and exercise.

When I first started this last weight loss journey (the final one!), the weight came off quickly for the first 20 lbs. Since then, I don't average a loss of more than a pound a month sometimes, it seems. My A1c went from 6.9 to 6.1 in three years. I'm about to go in for another annual check up.

The more I control what I eat, the more weight I lose. But it's still at a very, VERY slow rate. Is there some point where that rate of weight loss will pick up as I lose more fat? I know the fat I carry affects me hormonally, and it'll keep my type 2 and PCOS engaged as a factor in resisting weight loss. For you, was there a point when you body sort of gave up resisting the weight loss?

I am hoping to read some anecdotal advice, someone who can say, "Hang in there, baby. When you get to 260 lbs, it starts melting off a little faster." I'm looking for something to focus on in the future. Since dropping below 300 lbs, I've noticed good things happening for me physically, but losing every ounce is still such a big effort! I guess I'm looking for some hope.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote