Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 05:51 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#286

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 02-17-2003, 06:05 PM   #2  

LOVE that Welcome pic, Thin.

We must have had too many "dots" again cause the posts on the last thread ran off the screen.

Someone's here - dang.
Old 02-17-2003, 06:27 PM   #3  

Kat: A lot of what Jack eats is high fat so I don't eat it, but it is not ALWAYS that way. I had roast, carrots, potatoes and a roll without butter for dinner. He had enchilada casserole last week so I ate a WW meal and veggies. I eat ground sirloin and he regular hamb. I eat chicken breast broiled, he likes dark meat and it fried, etc. He also loves boxed stuff like these new chicken bakes and hamburger helper and they are way too fat for me. I am trying to train him to eat less fat and we are coming along, but it will be a process!

Michelle: I stayed upstairs for as long as I could and when I came out of Jack's office, whamo roast smell all the way up the stairs, but I DID NOT SUCCUMB! I waited for dinner to be ready!

Susie: What a cutie little boy you have!

Oprah was nifty again today. She did princesses for a day and gave away huges amounts of gifts to people. This one lovely black lady works as a housekeeper and nanny, drives a beatup old van with over 200,000 miles on it, raises one daughter at home, 2 of her grandchildren, took in her sister's 3 kids when she died and then 4 of her cousin's children when the cousin died. Her husband is really ill and can't work so she is the sole support. The ladie's boss wrote a letter about her. They gave her maid service once a week for a whole year in her own home, luggage because she had to borrow a suitcase to fly (which she had never done before) to the Oprah show, a trip for her and her husband to NYC, tickets to see the Lion King on Broadway, and a NEW van. Even my husband cried with this one. We were sitting there all over the place. Jack said, "You know Donna, this woman is what God wants us all to be and what the Bible tells us to do. It is too bad everyone can't take a lesson from this. We'd have a whole lot less homeless." How right he is. Just yesterday our pastor preached on what being a friend was. Being a friend was all about sacrifice not only to those you consider friends, but to those who need friends. In the New Testament, Christ tells the crowd that if a stranger needs a coat you should give him not only your coat but your shirt too. Though I cannot physically provide those things to any of you, please know that if any of you need me for any reason, you have my help. In just the few weeks I have been conversing with all of you, you have become treasured friends! **Unless you all run off and become Nascar groupies, then you are on your own!**

Donna
Old 02-17-2003, 06:49 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi girls! I'm going to post at the top of the thread before it becomes a thread from Nascar.com.

Saturday was wonderful. I went to get a haircut and then home for a shower and to set my hair. The dinner dance was wonderful. DH and I chose the chicken cordon bleu. It was served with a baked potato and a lovely steamed medley of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Dessert was cheesecake, and yes, I did indulge.

One of the girls that works for my DH's company has a husband in a group that performs Motown music so they were our floor show. My Gosh, were they GREAT!!! 5 guys doing the vocals and choreography and a 5 piece band to boot. They did all the great songs from the Miracles, the Temptations, etc. Man were they good!

There was also a DJ to play in between their sets. DH and I danced and had a great time. I don't remember who mentioned favoite songs in chat a couple of weeks ago, but yes, they played my beloved Could I Have This Dance by Anne Murray and DH and I waltzed the night away. I love to waltz with my honey.

Sunday I was gone all day to that funeral I was telling you about. Left the house at 8:30 AM and got home this morning at 2:00 AM. It was a very long day. Thankfully, the roads were dry in both directions.

This girlfriend who lost her uncle has been my best friend since I was 10. That will be 40 years next November. Anyway, she's more like a sister, than a friend. Her mom passed a year ago December and her dad has been very, very ill this past year. Well he was one of those that were in my van all day yesterday and for the trip up he was in the front seat and we were able to talk most of the trip. The reason I share this is because of the talk about 'snail mail'. I have always included he and his wife in all of my little holiday mailings, and birthday and anniversary greetings. And yesterday, he shared with me that he and his wife have always kept all of the cards that I've sent and how much he has really appreciated it through the years. He told me he has always considered me his third daughter. Guess maybe the all the 'snail mail' has definitely done what I wanted it to, comfort and express caring and appreciation for all they've been to me over the years. Kinda made me feel pretty terrific.

I did not do well at WI (not Wisconsin) this morning. I was UP a pound. I'll chaulk it up to the big dinner Saturday and the sodium from lunchmeat sandwiches yesterday and late last night. It's just good to have this weekend behind me.

Well, girls, I'm gonna get out of here. DH just walked in the door so I suppose making dinner might be in order. I'll talk to you all later.

P.S. Susie, it's good to see you, hon. Hope you'll be back with us more regular real soon.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:25 PM   #5  

Hi girlies, I'm not to chatty today, but wanted to tell thin that that song...
COULD I HAVE THIS DANCE
Was hubby and mines Wedding song for our first dance. Oh how I love that song....makes my knees go all weak....
Old 02-17-2003, 10:13 PM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Tina: Where are you? I love you just the way you are it's ok to be a Nascar fan my dh is. Come on out and play

I was off today but went to the library and did some genealogy work. Then I went down tonight for a meeting.

My son is sick with the flu I guess. He is to sick to go to work.

Hi to all of you hope all of you are well.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:03 AM   #7  
Dancing those pounds away

Boy ... either everyone is posting... or no one.

I am going back to Missouri in the morning so I won't be here for the next two days. I don't think I told you... my mom fell and broke her hip. She had surgery last Thursday I think. The days all blend in together after awhile. She amazes me how she just keeps going and going and going... just like the energizer bunny.

I am hope everyone has a great few days while I am gone.
See you all Thursday.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:37 AM   #8  
Falling, but fighting...

Default Tuesday.

Happy Snowy Tuesday!

I got some long awaited sleep last night and even had enough energy to shovel snow at 6am this morning. I am feeling pretty good so far, but lots of meetings today, so we will see.

Yesterday was a good food day. I banked 6 pts plus 2 exercise points for my 40 minute workout. I am hoping today is good too.

It is really nice to be back posting and reading again.

Donna: Thanks for the nice comment about Andrew. He is 3 years old and my heart. I will try and update his picture soon.

Thin: Good to be back.

Well time to get to work.

Later,
Old 02-18-2003, 08:03 AM   #9  
a work in progress...

Hey folks...

Just in from work, after a week's absence...Nothing like a good snowstorm to keep the patients away! It was a very quiet night.

WW this AM...I hope they're open, can't wait to WI (not Wisconsin) I'll be back with the verdict...

Oh Sara...where the heck are you? Come back please!
Old 02-18-2003, 08:47 AM   #10  

Good morning chick-ee's, well I just want to start this off by saying thanks so much for sending the snow this way!!! , as I look out the window its snowing to beat he**. But, they say only a few inches? Don't know what we will really end up with, cause now they say it's gonna snow all day, and we already have like 3" on the cars. I have today off so it's not all bad, I don't have to drive anywhere and the kids are home on vacation , seems like every 6 weeks or so they have a vacation, wish I did.

I'm still op, the scale does not seem to be budging though , don't know whats up with that, but like I've said this whole time, I will keep at it, it will show at some point, sorry to reapeat that many many times, but want to remind myself of it/convince myself of it or something!!!

Today I have planned a nice day of laundry, housecleaning, bathroom cleaning(yuck), DONNA,I could use some help, why don't you pop on over. Seems like with a dh thats working in a garage for the winter and 2 kids that have to change clothes all day long because they get wet from the snow, I am always doing laundry, it never ever seems to get caught up .

2cute/ sorry to hear about your mom and her hip, hope she is recupporating well.

susieH/ don't know if we've met before but HI you sure have a cutie there!!! I've been posting here for almost 4 weeks and I love all these girls, I'm sure you will become one of my favorite people too. What a bunch of great people!!

katrina/ glad work was not to stressfull lastnight. Yeah, snowstorms seems to make the people hunker down and stay home. Good luck with WI this a.m.

Good moring to the rest of you wonderful girls!!! Remember we are all wonderful people and we will succeed together on this journey.

TUESDAY TIP:???? ALWAYS~ALWAYS CHECK IN WITH YOUR BUDDIES, SEEMS TO BRIGHTEN THE DAY AND HELP YOU ALONG!!!!

Big hugs to you all
Old 02-18-2003, 09:36 AM   #11  

Boy, here I am in a hurry and there are a gazillion posts!

Everyone gets lumped in together this morning because Donna, the clean freak is running behind. Hold on Sandy, and as soon as I can get everything done I will be over and we can whip through that laundry in no time!

Boy, I have felt kind of sluggish the last couple days and I hate that because I think it makes you want to cheat and throw in the towel.

I finished this book yesterday which was stupid and now I am mad at myself for paying for it. I buy so many books that when we moved from the house into the condo, I took 6 boxes of practically brand new, only read once hardback books to the library. They had to be thrilled because they were all the latest from authors. I just didn't want to move them and I have already started a new group (about 20 or so) and this has just been since Sept. DH doesn't know how much I spend on books. It is our little secret girls, but it is about $40 a month! As big as this city is, the library system stinks!

Well, I will post to everyone later this morning after chores and exercise and breakfast.

Good to see you continuing to post Susie!

YOOHOO TINA SWEETY WHERE ARE YOU?
Donna
Old 02-18-2003, 10:03 AM   #12  
a work in progress...

WW was closed!!! What's up with THAT???? Maybe they'll open up later today. Oh well, from the looks of things outside, (it's snowing again!) I'll have time to burn off a few more calories shoveling! Maybe a nap first...
Old 02-18-2003, 10:05 AM   #13  

Talking WANT A GOOD LAUGH??? HERE'S ONE ON ME!!

I went down cellar to do the laundry, well I went to switch the washers load to the dryer and the dryers to the basket, well I had 2 baskets down there, and I threw a load in the washer real quick, brought the other load upstairs to be folded, looked down and realized I had just brought the dirty clothes back upstairs so~~~~ yes~~~~ I put the clean clothes I had just taken out of the dryer back in to the washer!!! Think I need major help here Donna!!

Then I'm wandering around the kitchen thinking what can I have for breakfast??? I'm like really really hungry today, so I say SOUP, yes I said Soup for breakfast. I know its filling and the whole can only is 4 pts for the day, so thats what Im having for breakfast. Healthy Choice Fiesta Chicken, oh so good, but could be spicier, maybe sprinkle it with some cajun seasoning.

Talk to you in a while, next break that is.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:12 AM   #14  

Sandy: Oh dear that is really not the way to get your laundry done. I believe the clean ones are supposed to come UPSTAIRS and the dirty ones in the washer. Course, with all these modern conveniences an old lady like I could be wrong about that! Don't you hate it when you do something dumb like that. I am kind of off soup for awhile. I was eating it a lot the first three weeks and I got tired of it. Only so many kinds of chicken soup!

TUESDAY'S TIP: CHECK YOUR LAUNDRY TO SEE IF IT IS CLEAN BEFORE FOLDING AND PUTTING AWAY! Sorry, Sandy, it just kind of popped into my head

Well, I did what I keep telling you ladies not to do. I allowed the call of the scales to beckon me to step on them and I did. I lost another 3! Yahoo!

For those of you that are ever envious of the beautiful stars in Hollywood, here is a rendition of what Gyneth Paltrow would look like fat!

Have a great day ladies and will check back in soon!
Donna

Last edited by jackslady; 02-18-2003 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:30 AM   #15  
Progress..not perfection

Thank you Mary and Donna.... I love you guys just the way you are too. I've not been staying away because some are unhappy with Nascar threads. The way I look at it, we all talk about stuff that is not diet or exercise related, and I was unaware it bothered anybody. I don't expect anyone to watch or discuss Nascar if they do not want to.....just because I love it, doesn't mean everyone else has to. Some people like brussel sprouts, but I don't, and I certainly don't mind if someone talks about their love of brussel sprouts...know what I mean? Or did that even make any sense? Anyways, I've not been here because I was slammed at work yesterday....offices were closed because of President's Day and several of the companies we answer for were closed because of the weather and that phone didn't stop ringing ALL day!

When I got home, dh was hogging the computer and then my youngest got on it, and I watched Joe Millionaire and went to bed. I was really tired yesterday. I will be back later on though and catch up with all my chickies.
Closed Thread