Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 370/170

Default Singing the Holiday Weight Gain Blues

Ok, maybe not so much holiday weight gain as "busy semester at college, ate too much pizza and junk food" weight gain. Ugh! Having a really hard time because I really don't like the way I look and feel right now. I'm hoping that I can manage to get myself to lose that extra weight before I start back at school in three weeks here.
Megx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

So what is your plan today? How are you planning to start this process?
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #3  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I've gained too. I'm going to eat better and go for lots of walks whenever I have a chance - it's the only way!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:31 PM   #4  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Eh, don't even get me started. I refuse to get on my scale until the end of January. Seriously. I am not even looking to weigh less than I weighed at the end November. I'm just looking to get back to what I weighed at the end of November.

Takes me a month to lose 4 pounds but takes only a week to gain 4! Where is the justice in that??

Hang in there girl. Just stay strong and like Lori Bell mentioned above.... find a plan and start the process. Most importantly, forgive yourself. Just like me and many others out there need to do! *hugs*
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: W=241, J3fc=229/Siggy!!/150

Height: 5'6"

Don't feel too bad...I think quite a few of us did the same...I sure know I did!! Went on a Christmas Food bender...and OH BOY did I regret it...was up to 215 the morning I weighed...and i cried...literally....Back on the band wagon yesterday and was back at 211...now just gotta get back down to 207 again!
KaeLynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
Takes me a month to lose 4 pounds but takes only a week to gain 4! Where is the justice in that??
So true! I think the ease of gaining is directly connected to the joy of eating all the fattening foods. It is effortless to eat fattening foods (especially in our society and at this time of year), but to eat healthy takes thought, planning, effort, etc.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Well, according to my sister's scale (I'm back in my hometown), I've gained 17 pounds in a little over a week. I refuse to believe this is possible, so I am going to continue to weigh myself daily, but take the results with a grain of salt.
princessgina00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessgina00 View Post
Well, according to my sister's scale (I'm back in my hometown), I've gained 17 pounds in a little over a week. I refuse to believe this is possible, so I am going to continue to weigh myself daily, but take the results with a grain of salt.

It really cannot be 17 lbs. of fat. Obviously, it's water retention, or something is wrong with the scale. I give you a lot of credit for even getting on the scale.

Last edited by lin43; 12-28-2011 at 06:49 PM.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote