Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Where can I find a swimsuit/summer challenge/support?

Looked under various areas, but couldn't find anything. Now that I've lost the majority of the weight, I want to look good in a swim suit. Well, as good as a 42 year old mother of two can look with her stretch marks and saggy skin. We are probably going to the seaside in Croatia this summer and would love to look great and feel great!

If such a challenge/support hasnt been started, anyone want to join me? But I'm sure there's a thread... Just haven't found it yet!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 12-27-2011 at 01:41 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #2  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I know you've said before you have a larger cup size so I'd strongly urge you to buy an underwired one by your bra size. I've heard amazing things about Freya suits (I haven't tried their suits yet but I have some of their bras so I can highly recommend them). Personally, I prefer two pieces because it's too hard to get a one piece that fits both my top/bottom correctly.

At the moment I own a Fantasie one piece:

That is very supportive and looks great. However, I have found that it doesn't fit my long torso very well and I get the impression it's made for someone with a much shorter torso than me. So next time I would definitely buy a two piece. But the support is great and I use it to go swimming/water aerobics, no problem. I have to say it's extremely flattering too.

I don't know if your breasts are wider+flatter or more long and narrow. Freya bras/suits work better for narrow breasts and Panache work better for wider breasts (I haven't tried their suits but I know some love them, they don't work for my breast type so I doubt I'll have bother).

I've worn bathing suits that don't go buy my bras size my whole life and now I just buy underwired ones by my bra size, there's absolutely NO COMPARISON when it comes to support/appearance. I'll never buy another one that doesn't go by my bra size again.

Good luck and have fun!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #3  

The biggest loser challenges are starting up again, I think there is one more day to sign-up http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...hallenges-225/ It's a 4 month challenge and lots of support.
Bette k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #4  
June

Oh man, I'm so stupid... I read that you wanted a supportive swim suit, ugh, sorry!
Old 12-27-2011, 05:36 PM   #5  
Melissa

Well, I will want a supportive swimsuit too! The bet suit I ever had was a D cup underwire by lands end. I simpy do not understand how they can make suits with so little support for those of us more endowed. My cup size varies by manufacturer. I have one bra that is a 34G and some that are 36DDD.

My breast have never been perky. They grew pointing to the ground, but they are more wide and flat than long and narrow.

I am short waisted and long legged, so maybe that suit you have above might be a good option for me.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #6  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
Oh man, I'm so stupid... I read that you wanted a supportive swim suit, ugh, sorry!
I couldn't help but giggle at your post. Good advice though!
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:33 AM   #7  
Run, run, run!

S/C/G: 204/160/???

Height: 5'4"

We have a bathingsuit challenge going on in the 30-something forum..if you're not 30-something that's ok!
PrairieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:39 AM   #8  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Well, I will want a supportive swimsuit too! The bet suit I ever had was a D cup underwire by lands end. I simpy do not understand how they can make suits with so little support for those of us more endowed. My cup size varies by manufacturer. I have one bra that is a 34G and some that are 36DDD.

My breast have never been perky. They grew pointing to the ground, but they are more wide and flat than long and narrow.

I am short waisted and long legged, so maybe that suit you have above might be a good option for me.
Thanks for understanding and I hope you find a good swimsuit challenge!

Check out the Panache swimsuits then because they seem to be made more for wider flatter breasts or the Fantasie ones too. You might find Freya to be too narrow for you.

I've also wondered why manufacturers make such bad swimming suits! I used to hate wearing bikinis and going to the pool in general because of how they made me look but now it doesn't bother me anymore.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #9  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGirl View Post
We have a bathingsuit challenge going on in the 30-something forum..if you're not 30-something that's ok!
I knew there're had to b e one as I've seen some siggies with it in the line. So... The ripe age of 42 can post in the 30 something's thread? Make you all feel Bette about your bodies with an older gal taking part? Lol

Thanks!
Old 12-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #10  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
Thanks for understanding and I hope you find a good swimsuit challenge!

Check out the Panache swimsuits then because they seem to be made more for wider flatter breasts or the Fantasie ones too. You might find Freya to be too narrow for you.

I've also wondered why manufacturers make such bad swimming suits! I used to hate wearing bikinis and going to the pool in general because of how they made me look but now it doesn't bother me anymore.
Ok, now I'm on a swimsuit mission. We are "probably" going to Croatia this summer in August. That gives me 7 months to get more in shape and to drop the rest of this weig. Totally doable. I would love to get either a high waisted bikini with appropriate cups or a tummy covering tankini that won't ride up. That is a tall order as I am chesty and have a tummy full of stretch marks (about as bad they can get). Might have to post in the feeling and looking great thread to get some suggestions on where to look. Most of the bikini tops seem to come with scanty bottoms. And high waisted bikinis eem to come with small cup sizes only. What's up with that?