Old 12-27-2011, 01:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

Default PF Changs :(

Oh I'm so upset! Our dinner plans changed last minute tonight and we went to PF Changs instead of where were planning to go. I checked the nutrition facts quickly online from my phone and saw my favorite entree was 460... not too bad and I got brown rice and was happy I went out to dinner for under 700 calories.

Well, turns out there were 2 servings in that order! So it was 920 calories on the plate... plus the rice... over 1000 calories in one meal

Not much I can do now, except have a great day tomorrow, but its just frustrating when I went in with the best intentions just to be burned by them considering one order two servings.
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:08 AM   #2  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Do yourself a favor and drink a lot of water tonight if you still can, and definitely tomorrow, to flush out the sodium. Stay off the scale too--it won't be kind b/c of the sodium. Give yourself a few days to a week to recover, and be super good for the next few days.

Also, give yourself a break. Think this way....if you had been a goal, this indiscretion wouldn't really make a dent. Life is going to happen, and you rolled with it as best you could. Good job; and don't focus on anything negative.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:47 AM   #3  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

Drink Green tea too Helps with water retention. We've all been there and made those mistakes. I got nailed by a dang salad one day... and I tried really hard to get that one right! Your intentions were good and you're right back on plan so chalk it up to a learning experience, frustrating as it was
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 201.6/137/135

Height: 5'2"

Focus on the positives which are the habits you are making such as checking nutrition facts etc. I for one just used to eat with abandon without any regard for calories in my favorite entrees etc. Now you just know better for nxt time, but the right habits are there to get you through the journey of losing and then maintaining. Hugs!
Charin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

That is so frustrating.. especially with your good intentions. In the long run those extra calories aren't going to 'make it or break it' with your weightloss journey. I am sorry you're feeling so badly. Hop right back on your plan and carry on.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

You really only added about 450 - 500 calories to your day. Frustrating? Yes. Horrible? No. The sodium associated with typical Chinese food is probably the worst part and that will be flushed out in a day or 2. Give yourself a pat on the back for doing the best you could. Keep up the great work.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #7  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I agree with Chagrin. It's a learning experience and I bet you won't make this mistake again.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #8  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Like the others have said, it's a learning experience. Just get back on track - those calories will get burned off. FWIW, I occasionally read those "10 Worst..." lists of foods/drinks that show up on Yahoo!, and P. F. Chang's offerings seem to show up relatively regularly on the lists of bad restaurant foods. There aren't any in my area, but it sounds like it (along with Cheesecake Factory) might be one of those "minefield" chains - hard to get out of without stepping on a caloric bomb.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #9  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Count it as a calorie cycling day if you calorie cycle. Just have a fewer calorie day.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote