Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 02:03 PM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home: 2/17 - 2/23

Hi all,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in and starting this thread. I just need to post my results before my week really gets going and I forget.

I'm wondering if you are stuck in that horrible snow storm Judy?

My fiance' flew to Baltimore late last week to do a server upgrade for his company's sites. The team finished early and they were looking forward to a little side trip to D.C. on Sunday. Well of course, that didn't happen! He was supposed to fly home today
but is now trapped on the east coast! He wants to come home so bad, and he's just stuck in the snow and cold. He says he's never missed the rain in Portland so much, LOL.

On to good news ... I weighed in this morning and ... drum roll please ...

I AM DOWN TO 159!!!

Yeah, it's only a 1 pound loss but I made it past a MAJOR hurdle!
This Wendie Plan is working great for me.

Hope to hear from everyone soon!

Sabrina
166/159/135
Old 02-17-2003, 03:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Sabrina - Congrats on your loss and on saying goodbye to the 160s. Way to go! I hope that your fiance gets home safe and sound soon.

Judy - I hope that you're keeping safe and snug while the snowstorm rages. I hadn't really listened to the news at all yesterday, so I didn't know that the east coast was getting hit until my mom called to tell me my sister couldn't make it home from work and was staying in a hotel (she lives in the NW corner of Virginia close to both the West VA and Penn. borders and works an hour east).

I had a so-so weekend what with the parties and all. Had a few too many chocolates too. But I've been doing pretty good today. Hopefully I won't be seeing another gain on Wednesday.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 02-18-2003, 10:24 AM   #3  

Sabrina - congratulations on your loss and getting rid of the 160's!!!. I'm glad the plan is working for you. Sorry to hear about your financee. I hope he gets out of Baltimore soon - I know with all the closings, the airlines are really backed up. I'm glad you started the thread - I just didn't manage to get on the computer yesterday.

Carla - Sorry to hear about the chocolates. I had a couple servings too many of mini chocolate chips I bought to make the chocolate chip meringue cookies - with all the snow, I baked up a storm yesterday so now the chips are gone and I have 1 point cookies and muffins to help me stay OP. Yikes on your sister. The area she lives in got some of the highest totals of snow (I think). I hope she can get home today! I'm glad to hear that you did well yesterday.

Yup, it was a whopper. Of course, we got lots of warning hearing about DC, Baltimore and Philly so we were prepared (milk, etc.) It was actually fun to watch it all happen. When it started on Sunday night, it was so light that it was hard to believe that we were going to get as much as they said but when we woke up yesterday morning, and there were something like 8 - 10 inches on the ground already, well, we just sat back and watched. We didn't do any shovelling yesterday - I shoveled a path from the front door to the garage this morning - whoa - we got at least 18 inches. A landscaper with a snow blower is coming later to do the driveway - it will be well worth the cost. I may shovel a small path to the house for the mailman later - I'll see how I feel. I'm working from home today (and probably tomorrow). Even if I could get to the railroad there are 2+ hour delays into the city.

I lost 0.4 pounds as of my weigh in on Saturday. I was glad to see the loss but hoping for more. I have the doctor's appointment on Monday and would like to get down a few more pounds by then. There's a group of us at my meeting that are looking to "Lose 8 and feel great". Another woman (Melanie) and I took a look at the journal of one of our friends (Rita)who made lifetime a year ago to see how she eats - and discussed it with her. She says she tries to eat as much food for the least amount of points and she eats more throughout the day - so for example, she'll have a small breakfast at 7:00 before work and then another one around 10:00. She has a decent size snack around 3:00 (after having lunch) and then another around 8:00 (after dinner around 6:00). So, Melanie and I are trying to "eat more like Rita". I did OK yesterday - more mini-meals as snacks, etc. I did a killer cardio/strength workout yesterday (it's called Boot Camp) and already did some shoveling this morning. I may try to get on the treadmill later for a walk or do some yoga.

Have a great one!
Judy
163.6/156.8/135 and 36/240 workouts
(0.4 towards "lose 8, feel great!")
First 10% by the end of March!

Last edited by JudySP; 02-18-2003 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-18-2003, 01:41 PM   #4  

Hi all.

Judy - Congrats on your loss. I know it was smaller than you wanted, but small losses add up to a big loss overall. Good plan to eat like Rita! I'm glad to hear that you were prepared for the big snowstorm. There is something magical and peaceful about a big snowfall, especially if you don't have to be out and about in it.

I did ok yesterday and am planning on a good day today. I feel like I'm coming down with something. I so hope that I didn't pick up strep throat from Ana. So, I'm just taking it easy and trying to keep warm.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 02-18-2003, 01:52 PM   #5  

Carla - Good for you for two good days in a row. Keep an eye out on today - I know that when I'm not feeling well, I tend towards comforting myself with food - and somehow, the foods I choose aren't usually good point-wise Here's some stave off the germs {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}. Sounds like some low-point cocoa is in order! Feel better!

Judy
Old 02-19-2003, 12:12 PM   #6  

Sure is quiet around here this week. Karen C and Karen B - how are you doing? Anne? Carla - I hope you did not come down with strep.

I had a good day yesterday. Having substantial snacks throughout the day is helping me. I tend to have a full, satisfied feeling that makes it a little less tempting to snack mindlessly. I say "a little less" because I still was very tempted to have something late last night even after having some lite cocoa a little earlier. I had 1.5 points left before I hit my max but I gave myself a little talking to and told my body to knock it off - if it wanted something, take it from the fat on my belly! I'm hoping to do a yoga workout today - try to work out some of the kinks I feel in my back from shovelling yesterday.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 02-19-2003, 02:29 PM   #7  

Hi all.

Judy - You're right, it sure is quiet. Good for you for ending the day with points in the bank and stopping yourself from having a late night snack. Snacking is such a hard habit to break, especially when hunger doesn't really have anything to do with the urge to snack. I'm glad that having planned, substantial snacks (really mini-meals, no?) is helping you.

I'm ingoring my weigh in today. I had some popcorn last night and my rings were so tight this morning that I know any results on the scale would be bogus. So I'll just continue on and see what number next week's visit to the scale brings. I made up my mind that I had to start exercising again today, but I was really dreading the trip to the basement. Luckily, it's a beautiful, sunny day in the 40s here. Since I had to get my bp meds refilled, I decided to walk to the store. It was a 30 minute round-trip, so there's my workout for today! It was so good to be outside in the fresh air.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 02-19-2003, 03:25 PM   #8  

Hi everyone, sorry for my absence, I just lost track of time and all of a sudden realized the wek is half gone! I;m glad everyone is staying on program, I should have read your posts earlier in the week. I have had a BAD three days, but am determined the rest of the week and weekend will be terrific.
My sister tried to drive to work this a.m. and had a panic attack. She said everyone was driving like maniacs and having accidents all around her. She actually lost her vision during the panic attack! I told her to get someone to drive her to the airport tomorrow for our trip to Ft. Lauderdale. She really needs it! So everyone have a great week and weekend, I'll check in next Tuesday when I return.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:30 AM   #9  

Carla - Good for you for getting out for a walk! I know what you mean about the fresh air - aside from getting a good workout shoveling it was great to be outside!

Karen C - sorry to hear about those bad days but you are determined and they are behind you! Good attitude. I'm sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she is feeling better - has she ever had panic attacks before? It's good you will be spending time with her - have a good few days.

I had a good day yesterday - I did a yoga workout after work which really helped my sore muscles and my stress level. I'm hoping today at work will be a little less crazy because tomorrow is literally back-to-back meetings all day. I've been owrking from home so far this week 'cause of the storm but have to go in tomorrow. I have to try to figure out my snacks while at work - it will be tough because of the meetings, that's for sure. I did OK food wise yesterday and banked half a point. My sneak peek was good this morning - the same number it was last week at its best and that's with TOM which came yesterday. I am really determined to keep it that way this time - I have the doctor's appt on Monday and really want to show him a few less pounds. I plan on doing a strength workout later today - tomorrow will be a rest day (unless I come home so stressed and wound up that I get myself downstairs to do a yoga workout!)

Karen B & Anne - hope all is well!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 02-20-2003, 06:03 PM   #10  

Hi all -

Karen C - Sorry to hear you had a few bad days. I know you'll recover from them. Sorry also to hear about your sister's panic attack. How scary. I can see how traffic can bring one on. I very rarely will drive on expressways because merging on makes me a nervous wreck!

Judy - I hope today was not too crazy for you. Back to back meetings tomorrow sounds like no fun. Yay for a good sneak peek. I'm sending you positive vibes to keep it that way! I was going to take another walk today, but my knees and ankles were a bit stiff. I'm going to try to get up early tomorrow to get on the bike.

Have a great day all.

Carla
Old 02-21-2003, 04:46 PM   #11  

Carla - sorry to hear about your knees and ankes. Not to be a nag, but I bet the bike would help with the stiffness in the knee.

I've just finished all my meetings for the day and am getting ready to head home. Not sure if I'm going to try to do a little cardio or not but I just spoke to Tony and switched dinner from pizza to those great Costco ravioli's - a few less points, I think less sodium and a little easier to eat more slowly.

Have a great weekend!
Judy
Closed Thread