Old 12-25-2011, 12:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/230/165

Height: 5'9

Default Newness

So, I figured I would come in before the New Year's influx. My name is Elise and I, like many of you, really want to lose weight. I used to be very athletic. I played college sports; however, I've really fallen off track since beginning law school and stopping athletics. I haven't gained too much weight. I just feel soft and pudgy and so out of shape (I went running and barely got through two ten minute miles, which used to be so easy). I haven't really changed sizes (still a 10) but I just don't like my body. At all. I know this is a common thing but I want to gain control over my weight once and for all. Particularly so I don't keep gaining so it won't be a huge struggle into my late twenties. I'm thinking of training for a 10k and then longer distance races. I'm also interested in the paleo diet. I hear good things about it not just for weightloss but for overall health. I'm in the middle of a book on it and it seems good. Anyone here try it? Anyways, I'm very excited to try it out. Happy Holidays to everyone!
glittergation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:36 AM   #2  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

You sound like you're in a really good place to begin Welcome to the forum!

I really want to try the Paleo diet but I am not in a place to do that right now, so for the time being I eat Paleo as much as I can and I certainly FEEL a lot better. It didn't aid in my weight loss because I still ate the same amount of calories as I did before (therefore I just lost at the same rate when I was losing weight), but I felt a lot more energetic.

Good luck and know that we're all here for you!

Last edited by sontaikle; 12-25-2011 at 06:36 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote