Old 12-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Default Southwestern Quiche Recipe

Hi, I just thought I would share a recipe I created for a low fat Southwestern Quiche. It's really yummy and has pretty great stats.

Makes 8 Servings
Calories:175
Carbs:18 grams
Fat:6 grams
Protein:10 grams

Southwestern Quiche

1 deep dish frozen pie crust
1 cup Southwestern Egg Beaters (fat free)
6oz Fat Free Evaporated Milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (fat free)
1 roma tomato, diced
1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
2 tbsp Mrs. Renfro's Green Salsa
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven at 345 degrees.
Saute tomato and bell pepper for a few minutes to help get rid of some of their juiciness as to not make the quiche soggy.
Combine all ingredients (except for the crust) in a large bowl and mix well.
Pour into pie crust and bake for 30 minutes, or until eggs become firm in center.

Enjoy!

Please let me know if you make this and how you liked it.
pradaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #2  

made this last night, had it for breakfast and having it again for lunch. i used a can of rotel and some frozen roasted peppers last night instead of chopping up a tomato and bell pepper. very yummy....this is definitely my quick go to recipe when i want something the feels indulgent but isn't.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #3  
Restricting my way down..

S/C/G: 213/ticker/160now150!

Height: 5'4"

Sounds delish!

Thanks for sharing.
ScottieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 169/130/125

Height: 5' 7"

I'm going to try this. It sounds really good, and very easy! Thanks for the recipe.
Queen Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:31 PM   #5  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Oh sounds yummy, thanks for sharing.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Hmmm.. I need a bit "more" food when I eat.. if you know what I mean...

I think I'd try all the ingredients in a non-stick skillet instead of in a pie crust. I could also add some other veggies like carrot shreds or small bits of broccoli. Maybe some feta cheese.

Annnnyyywaaayyy... thank you Pradaboy... not trying to steal your post.. just thanking you for giving me a couple of ideas!
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:29 PM   #7  

I'm going to the grocery store today, so I'll be making this soon. I think I'll divide it into 6 pieces instead of 8, for 233 calories, and eat it with a huge spinach salad.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradaboy View Post
Hi, I just thought I would share a recipe I created for a low fat Southwestern Quiche. It's really yummy and has pretty great stats.

Makes 8 Servings
Calories:175
Carbs:18 grams
Fat:6 grams
Protein:10 grams

Southwestern Quiche

1 deep dish frozen pie crust
1 cup Southwestern Egg Beaters (fat free)
6oz Fat Free Evaporated Milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (fat free)
1 roma tomato, diced
1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
2 tbsp Mrs. Renfro's Green Salsa
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven at 345 degrees.
Saute tomato and bell pepper for a few minutes to help get rid of some of their juiciness as to not make the quiche soggy.
Combine all ingredients (except for the crust) in a large bowl and mix well.
Pour into pie crust and bake for 30 minutes, or until eggs become firm in center.

Enjoy!

Please let me know if you make this and how you liked it.

OK I'm trying it! It turned out great! This is my first experiment with Egg Beaters. I couldn't find Southwestern style Egg Beaters, and I used a store-brand egg-white product. I wonder if that makes much of a difference?

I always forget to use salt and pepper, and usually don't miss it, but I think I should make an effort to remember next time. That, and the SW Egg Beaters, would probably make it even better, but it is very good! I am looking forward to eating the rest of the pie! I am eating it with some salsa, and I think that compensates for what I didn't put in.

I made a double recipe, since many of the ingredients are packaged in exactly twice the amount. I cut the pies into 6 pieces each, for 233 calories, and put 7 pieces in freezer containers for later in the month. The rest of the leftovers will go fast, since this would make a great breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

My oven is weird and old, so I had to cook it for much longer -- maybe 45 minutes or so, and turn the heat up a bit toward the end.

345 degrees? That's kind of a strange number. Did you mean 375 maybe?

Thanks for the recipe! I don't cook a lot, but I can't resist quiche.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Sarah View Post
OK I'm trying it! It turned out great! This is my first experiment with Egg Beaters. I couldn't find Southwestern style Egg Beaters, and I used a store-brand egg-white product. I wonder if that makes much of a difference?

I always forget to use salt and pepper, and usually don't miss it, but I think I should make an effort to remember next time. That, and the SW Egg Beaters, would probably make it even better, but it is very good! I am looking forward to eating the rest of the pie! I am eating it with some salsa, and I think that compensates for what I didn't put in.

I made a double recipe, since many of the ingredients are packaged in exactly twice the amount. I cut the pies into 6 pieces each, for 233 calories, and put 7 pieces in freezer containers for later in the month. The rest of the leftovers will go fast, since this would make a great breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

My oven is weird and old, so I had to cook it for much longer -- maybe 45 minutes or so, and turn the heat up a bit toward the end.

345 degrees? That's kind of a strange number. Did you mean 375 maybe?

Thanks for the recipe! I don't cook a lot, but I can't resist quiche.
glad it turned out well for you! this is my main recipe but i play around with it a bit. sometimes i add rotel instead of having to cut up veggies.

i did mean 345 but my oven tends to cook stuff at a higher temp for some reason...whatever works best for you is fine.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradaboy View Post
glad it turned out well for you! this is my main recipe but i play around with it a bit. sometimes i add rotel instead of having to cut up veggies.

i did mean 345 but my oven tends to cook stuff at a higher temp for some reason...whatever works best for you is fine.

My apartment's oven is ancient -- I'm thinking 1960s or early 70s -- and it cooks unevenly. I think 375 will work for me, and also I will have to rotate the quiches a half a turn for the last 10 minutes. The parts near the center of the oven got more brown!

I had some for breakfast, and it was even better. Funny how sometimes the flavors blend, and the leftovers taste better than the first serving!

I just love eggs with salsa & cheese, etc.!
Old 01-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Sarah View Post
My apartment's oven is ancient -- I'm thinking 1960s or early 70s -- and it cooks unevenly. I think 375 will work for me, and also I will have to rotate the quiches a half a turn for the last 10 minutes. The parts near the center of the oven got more brown!

I had some for breakfast, and it was even better. Funny how sometimes the flavors blend, and the leftovers taste better than the first serving!

I just love eggs with salsa & cheese, etc.!
made this last night, didn't have any of the evaporated milk, so i just used some 1% milk and upped the salsa a bit. my SO seemed to like it better with it being less custardy. threw off the calorie count im sure, but not by too much. he doesn't count calories and he pretty much ate half of the quiche. wasn't much left to have again this morning for breakfast. =/ lol