Old 12-12-2011, 11:59 AM   #1  
Starting Over Again!

S/C/G: 185/119/125

Height: 5'4"

Default 2 LBS From My Goal!!

I haven't been online in a while and just wanted to share some good news. I am finally 2 lbs. away from my goal and I'm happy and scared and all that goes along with that. I am 49 and I wanted to get my weight down by the time I hit 50. I want to wear a two-piece bathing suit next summer and I just am so happy to finally be getting the chance to do that.

I'm 5'4" and 125 doesn't look as good on a 50 year-old as it did on a 25 year-old. My husband really has been on me to stop losing but I want to hit 125 so bad and I'm going to do it.

I've done this by counting calories. I have kept a little notebook on the kitchen counter and everything I eat gets logged into that book. I may not be able to tell you what I ate today but I can always tell you how many calories I've eaten.

Now I'm getting a bit worried about how am I going to go into maintenance. I've been so focused for so long on losing weight, it's going to be a real big change to maintain it. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I am so thankful that I found this site---- so many good people here and you feel like somebody actually knows what you're going through.

K.C.
GeorgiaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Woo hoo! WTG, enjoy your new body
lulubellebc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:25 PM   #3  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

congratulations!
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 161/132/120

Height: 5'2

That's fantastic!! I am really close to goal aswell - but I wish I had hit my goal a couple of weeks ago as now the Christmas parties have started it will be all I can do to maintain - never mind lose weight!!
Michelle2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Wow! that's so exciting! congrats!

I just hit goal so I'm trying to figure out maintenance! You might want to start now so that when you get to 125 you don't lose more than you want to

Last edited by sontaikle; 12-12-2011 at 01:06 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #6  

I hit my goal weight a few weeks ago, but for weeks prior to that, I had calculated how many calories I would need to maintain my goal weight and had started eating that. I'm still experimenting with maintenance calories. I don't weigh myself often, so that's why I'm not sure. I'll be weighing myself about once a month to see if I'm gaining or losing on my maintenance calories. However, I plan to continue the same behaviors that helped me lose the weight---i.e., counting calories, tracking, exercising, moving more in general. If I stop, then the same thing will happen that has happened in the past: I'll gain it back.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:27 PM   #7  
Starting Over Again!

S/C/G: 185/119/125

Height: 5'4"

I sure do appreciate the kind words and suggestions. I know it's going to be even harder to keep on track during the holidays but I'm just going to have to do it. One thing that has changed over the past year that has been really helpful is that I never really eat a big meal. I eat mini meals or snacks most of the time and my stomach gets full quickly. I figure I should stick with that because it keeps me from getting super hungry and it just doesn't take a lot to satisfy me.

I eat a lot of fruit too....I've gotten on this fruit kick and if I don't have it in the kitchen, I'm going out to get it. I eat a fair amount of protein and not much in the way of refined carbs. Actually, I don't even like to eat any fast food anymore....I used to love it but I can't eat it or if I do, I'm sorry later....it feels like a stone in my stomach.

Must keep going.......
GeorgiaLady is offline   Reply With Quote