South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 06:00 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default SBD Daily Thread for Monday, December 12

Hey all,
Just a quick check in here. This morning is a little crazy as I have my yearly mammogram/sono at 8:20am, so I have to get my son over to my friend's house so she can walk him to school. Additionally, my husband took our car on Saturday to get an oil change, and it's now leaking oil...so he has to take it to the mechanic before work which means he has to get up early, and I don't get my usual bathroom time. Is anyone else's husband a bathroom hog??

I'm DONE with all my Xmas shopping and stuff so this week will turn to year end tie up at the office...I like to clear the decks before we close for winter break. Hope everyone has a wonderful day today!
Old 12-12-2011, 06:34 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Mathilda. Based on my many years of experience, ALL men are bathroom hogs. It sounds like you are on top of your holiday preparations. I hope today's mammo is gentle. My last one was easy as they had a new machine.

I was out and about most of yesterday afternoon socializing and drove home watching a glorious winter sunset. Then last night we had a wonderful moon which is still shining away making it look like daylight out there. It's amazing how bright the world looks with snow on the ground.

Odds and soda to get done are on the list today. I have a huge crockpot of that cabbage soup that cooked all night and will cook a small utility turkey later today. I plan to make doggie treats with most of it but imagine some will be held back for a few meals this week. I am NOT stuffing it as that would be way too hard to resist. Our temps will be above freezing today so this may be the day some outside lights get hung.

Less than two weeks to 2012! Think I can lose 50 pounds by then? I guess I should not have had a piece of Marjory's Christmas cake yesterday.

Lifting my mug to a happy and productive day for us all.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Matilda! I hope the rest of your day isn't as hectic as your morning! All my Christmas shopping is done, too, but now I have to start nagging Jake to get them wrapped and under the tree. That's his contribution, since I do everything else.

I have to work til late tonight, and I think I'll have the girls make some Christmas treats for family and friends to enjoy. We're going to dip candy canes, pretzel logs and spoons into dark chocolate, then decorate them. Should be lots of fun!

Brrrrrrr! I'd better dress warm today. It's freezing!
Old 12-12-2011, 06:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Matilda - I'm with Ruth - it's all of them. We have three potties in our house, and DH keeps going to the one next to the bedrooms - right at the kids' bed time. So, we walk in on him!! (hey, if they're moving, I gotta keep 'em moving!) Use one of the other two!!

Ruth - If it weren't for the piece of cake yesterday, the goal of 50 lbs was within reach. Now, I think ya better let it go .

I'm letting the kids sleep in a touch this morning, and drive them to school. It's been a big weekend! The bible study party here last night was Delightful, I really enjoyed myself (and ate poorly....but not a lot of it). Back to the regularly scheduled eating program!

I *think* I have a shorter schedule today, which will allow me to go finish some Christmas shopping. I ordered my mom and dad an amazing wind chime on line the other day, I can't wait for them to get it!! Now to figure out what to get the in laws. Oh dear - and I need to figure out the menu for the week, didn't bother with that yesterday as I normally do.

Have a great day!

Cottage - you snuck in! Dipping everything in dark chocolate sounds great...enjoy!

Last edited by TwynnB; 12-12-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth! That moon was huge and gorgeous last night. I enjoyed it, along with looking at all the Christmas lights, on my drive home from Gina's last night.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

This Godiva Caramel Coffee is making it a particularly lovely morning. I won my own prize at Bunko last night.

Mathilda, My husband is actually not a bathroom hog. He does have more shoes than Amelda Marcos.

Ruth, Every time I cook, our dogs think I'm cooking for them. You should see Sparkit looking in my kitchen window...

Cottage, Jeff wraps very few presents. He does buy all of the presents for the men. This year that gift is tire-plug kits.

Twynn, A wind chime is a great gift!

Busy day in the office. Almost all of my parents picked up their gifts Friday -- one or two left. This afternoon, we have forensic interviews with 4 children. I have to remember to tell Jeff I'm going to be late tonight. Guess I shouldn't wear jeans today.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

A flyby this morning! I'm off to work after dropping the car for an oil change. I'll catch up later!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:48 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth- that moon sounds lovely, I am not going to lose 50 lbs by year end either! Sigh!! It will be our goal to reach end of year next year

Cottage- that sound like fun, but I would be very tempted to indulge while making.

Matilda- hope it is gentle this year it was rough she used a different size plate on me and afterwards said I could have actually used a smaller plate :O

Twynn- that is funny about DH, but we do the same bathroom is fair game since we only have 1

Chelby- my DH has a lot of shoes too hehe

Debbie- have a great day

Today goal stay on track food wise- I changed my ticker to reflect more accurately. I lost 3 lbs last week but that was dropping the extra 2 I had gained from high plus one more. I am back on track just need to keep it up, I was doing good before Thanksgiving and got derailed that week.

Okay I got to get back to work. Have a great day everyone
Old 12-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,

Sorry, I just don't have time for personals. We are leaving for DD on Friday morning and I really have to plan for what to bring, most of the baking is done, gifts are wrapped but we get back on the 22nd and then I am having Christmas dinner here. Have a good day everyone.
take care
Sophie
Old 12-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quick fly by - It's already 2p and I haven't even eaten lunch. Work will be crazy this week and I am in a state of wanting to cry every day but this too shall pass.

I will hopefully have time tonight to check in.
Closed Thread