Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Arrow WW MM CHALLENGE! Nov/Dec Week 7!

Wow! We're onto Week 7!

Here's the Spreadsheet Link! We're at the End of Week 6 and going into Week 7!

Can't believe we're moving in towards the middle of December!

Give us your weekly updates Anyone doing well at avoiding all those temptations that are definitely around this time of year?
Old 12-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey everyone!

I've been busy trying to get shopping done, and I'm a bit wishy-washy unfortunately with food. The husband is still out of town on business and likely to stay that way until NEXT week... so I'm a bit overwhelmed with things to do.

Anywho, I'm wishing everyone very good vibes and lots of strength to avoid things they don't want. (Like all the cookies and early treats around, right?)
Old 12-12-2011, 06:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I did amazing until weigh in on Saturday morning and then went up like 4.5 pounds overnight!!!! We had our family Christmas party on Saturday and I grazed more than normal, but almost 5 pounds?!?! CRAZY!!! I have been downing the water constantly since then and am planning some lower/more rigid days to hopefully counteract all of that and get back on track. I will be so mad if I'm up at the end of the week considering I just hit 30 pounds total.

As long as the scale goes down everyday little by little, I'll be happy!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #4  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well chickies I am going to hold off on putting my weight on the spreadsheet for a day. All week I have been down .5 but this morning I jumped up 3 so I know it is a water thing going on. Lets see what tomorrow brings
Old 12-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #5  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

I don't know what was going on with my body, but so far I'm jut screaming to him : thannnnnk youuuuu, I love youuuu!

I did kinda okay all week long, except for the weekend.

Had 3 cookies at the job friday, and than we ate out for the Christmas party of the bf job (it was in an expensive restaurent though, so really nice food with limited portion, it was perfect, with veggies, etc) I drank wine but drank a lot of water too.

Saturday though... Oh god. I overslept so I skipped lunch and only had breakfast. We had a Christmas diner with friend, where i did not overate (ate too much bread though) but controle the rest of the food.

I had CLEARLY TOO MUCH wine though, and woke up with the biggest headache ever, and skipped running last night. Oh lord, running didn't happen at all.

Must be a Christmas miracle or something, but this morning, I only gained 0,2 pounds compared to friday, and lost 0,8 lbs compared to last monday. YAYYY!

I really want to behave this wook (food- and work out-wise) so I planned all the dinners we're gonna have this week to control everything!

So few weeks 'till Christmas... let's work it girls!
Old 12-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #6  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

Well I finally made it back on track...and my reward 5.2 lost this week!
Lovely - I understand the eating out issue. My kids were gone last week and I ate out because cooking for one was depressing lol.
Chele & Nancy- Hope the water helps bring the water weight gain off! I am pulling for you two to not post a gain!
Turbo - Congrats on still losing .8!
Old 12-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130

Height: 5 foot

Well....I thought I had gained a bit....But it turns out I'm down .2 Not a large amount, but every little bit helps!! I need to lay off the cookies at night and will see a loss, I'm sure. But, I bought jeans this weekend in a size 18 (I started in a 22) And, there is a fitness center that just opened on my way home from work...tomorrow I'll ask my chiropractor if it's okay for me to join (lots of back problems...finding out MRI results tomorrow), hopefully he'll okay it and I can start that, even if it's just a little while on the tredmill or the stationary bike. Every little bit will help
Old 12-13-2011, 08:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 267/230.5/161

Height: 5"8

Pagelyn: HOLY COW what a loss! Way to go!

Turbo: I just want to give you an encouraging

Lovely:thank you for all your work on this thread, your encouragement is greatly appreciated.

I wanted to say I truly appreciate these weight loss challenges. They really help at keeping me motivated. I'm doing really well with the weight loss and am now 6 lbs from my Dec. 31 goal. I really think it's the 3FC website and more importantly, all of you that keep me going strong.
A BIG thank you from me
Old 12-13-2011, 08:28 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

well thought by drinking a gallon of water yesterday and watching my points would take that sudden gain off but was wrong I am up 2.5lbs this week. I can not explain it either I ate the same exercised the same blah blah ....##### and all the other words I can't say. I will keep at it
Old 12-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #10  

I am back down a couple pounds from my high weight the other day, so hopefully that continues to move down. I went to the gym this afternoon and jogged for about 40 minutes when all of a sudden, I felt light headed and dizzy. I don't wear my glasses when I'm on the treadmill, so everything's a bit blurry to begin with, but this was extra blurry and just weird feeling. I was really worried I was going to black out or something. I ended up sitting in the locker room where it was a bit cooler and splashed some water on my face. I was able to get back to 'normal' feeling and left early and came home. I feel so much better now, but it was scary!!!

I think I might have to pack a small granola bar or something to have with me at the gym in case it might happen again. I usually eat a banana before going to the gym, but extra sustenance might be good to have.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

Well I am finally back down again after my high's the last few days too Maybe it was from the full moon????? Lunar eclipse?

Well whatever it was it messed with my head, and now I have to wait until next monday to put a loss on the wonderful spread sheet LOL

Lovely I can't say enough about how much that spreadsheet has kept me motivated Please keep it up! I am actually looking forward to the New Year's challenge or whatever you want to name it....January to March on challenge LOL

Ok I know I know nancy go back to work and stop playing around on here
Old 12-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #12  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chele615 View Post
I am back down a couple pounds from my high weight the other day, so hopefully that continues to move down. I went to the gym this afternoon and jogged for about 40 minutes when all of a sudden, I felt light headed and dizzy. I don't wear my glasses when I'm on the treadmill, so everything's a bit blurry to begin with, but this was extra blurry and just weird feeling. I was really worried I was going to black out or something. I ended up sitting in the locker room where it was a bit cooler and splashed some water on my face. I was able to get back to 'normal' feeling and left early and came home. I feel so much better now, but it was scary!!!

I think I might have to pack a small granola bar or something to have with me at the gym in case it might happen again. I usually eat a banana before going to the gym, but extra sustenance might be good to have.
Yikes scary! This happens to my brother once in a rare while when he lets his heart rate get too high (he also has asthma though but I don't know if that's a factor). He tends to push himself pretty hard and after a couple of scares, he just had to learn to hold back a little and make sure to stay well hydrated.

Hopefully it's just a fluke or the nutritional change fixes it, but if it becomes a repeat problem and you've exhausted other options, it might be worth investing in an inexpensive heart rate monitor (preferably with chest strap).
Old 12-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somni View Post
Hopefully it's just a fluke or the nutritional change fixes it, but if it becomes a repeat problem and you've exhausted other options, it might be worth investing in an inexpensive heart rate monitor (preferably with chest strap).
It was scary...but I'm hoping it was just a fluke thing. I was back at the gym today with my normal banana beforehand and I felt a lot better. I am getting over a pretty bad cold, so I'm thinking that might have had something to do with it. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it for the future though.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130

Height: 5 foot

Great news! I found out my back problem (annular disc tear) and my chiropractor said as long as I start slow and don't push it I can join the fitness center! I'll be joining and starting ASAP!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:15 AM   #15  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRat View Post
Great news! I found out my back problem (annular disc tear) and my chiropractor said as long as I start slow and don't push it I can join the fitness center! I'll be joining and starting ASAP!
Congrats! What do you plan on doing there?
Closed Thread