Old 12-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #1  

Default Anyone doing it on their own and other ??

My original idea was to try to get the lapband but with my ins hoops it can't be done before year end and my ins plan changes big time (it would of been covered 100%) So I called MF and even stopped there but could never find anyone in and no one returned my call even when I left a message with the next closest office and they assured me someone would. For obvious reasons I don't want to even deal with the local office anymore

I had a friend that did awesome on the program but she's not close by. So I'm wondering if anyone is doing/ done this diet on their own successfully.
I've read alot of the posts and I see some people use the wonderslim products instead due to cost. I ordered their sample pack and a few other things to try before placing my first order but also wonder how they stack up in the long run compared to the MF meals.

I have seen a recent entry on the 4-2 plan. How does MF determine if you're better off on the 4-1 or 5-1?

Thanks for any help you can give.

helen
gemi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

Have you thought about trying calorie counting? I have done Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem in the part and think calorie counting has been the best choice for me. It really, really works, in my case.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #3  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi gemi2,

I am not doing medifast through a center. There's 2 other ways to do medifast - just order it online yourself, or go through Take Shape for Life, which I do. With Take Shape, they set you up with a coach who is supposed to answer your questions and give you advice and support. My coach is an old friend who lost 40 pounds with medifast and lives close by. Take Shape is a pyramid plan as far as I can tell, but by signing up for automatic shipments I get a discount and free shipping. She had me at discount.

I think the 4 & 2 plan is for the elderly, and maybe nursing moms. 5&1 is the standard plan for most people.

Good luck!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLess View Post
Have you thought about trying calorie counting? I have done Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem in the part and think calorie counting has been the best choice for me. It really, really works, in my case.
I can't even begin to tell you how much dieting and calorie counting I have done in the last 25 years! It just doesn't work for me the weight loss is too so and I am good only for a short period then something or other will get me off track. .On top of it I have several health issues which don't help. I know I know it's got to be a live style change but I first have to get a chunck of weight off before I worry about the rest of my life
That is how I got to the point of lap band surgery which thanks to my ins co didn't work out.
I thought this was the medifast board which is why I posted to it as that is really the plan I want to do. So I'm really look for input and direction on that particular plan.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi2 View Post
My original idea was to try to get the lapband but with my ins hoops it can't be done before year end and my ins plan changes big time (it would of been covered 100%) So I called MF and even stopped there but could never find anyone in and no one returned my call even when I left a message with the next closest office and they assured me someone would. For obvious reasons I don't want to even deal with the local office anymore

I had a friend that did awesome on the program but she's not close by. So I'm wondering if anyone is doing/ done this diet on their own successfully.
I've read alot of the posts and I see some people use the wonderslim products instead due to cost. I ordered their sample pack and a few other things to try before placing my first order but also wonder how they stack up in the long run compared to the MF meals.

I have seen a recent entry on the 4-2 plan. How does MF determine if you're better off on the 4-1 or 5-1?

Thanks for any help you can give.

helen
Hi Helen
I am using a center and was advised to use the 4-2-1 plan due to my only wanting to lose about 15 pounds.I am willing to lose a little more slowly to help preserve my lean muscle, also my Dr. advised me due to being hypothyroid that I should limit my use of soy which most of the medi meals are made with. My counselor helped me pick the products with no or minimal soy, so that along with having 4 medi meals vs. five also helped cut down the soy amounts. The counselor tried to assure me that as long as I separated my thyroid meds a couple of hours away from the medi meals it wouldn't affect the med absorption, but I am hesitant to trust that as my Dr. has advised limiting soy altogether. The 4-2-1 is basically 4 medi meals, 8oz. protein, 6 -1/2 cup servings veggies, 1 healthy fat serving and 1 snack. The veggies and protein are are to be eaten as 2 Lean and green meals.

Last edited by jeanies; 12-10-2011 at 11:02 AM.
jeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 288.2/225/160

I am doing Medifast on my own. I order from their site, and use the My Medifast tracker and support boards.

I'm 56, and have lost 56 lbs. in about 5 1/2 months. I haven't been 100% on plan, either. If I'd have managed that, I'm sure my loss would be greater. The thing I really like about Medifast -- I've been on every weight loss plan under the sun, and for me, this is the only time I've not had to fight cravings every step of the way.

Hope this helps a bit.
wannablean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannablean View Post
I am doing Medifast on my own. I order from their site, and use the My Medifast tracker and support boards.

I'm 56, and have lost 56 lbs. in about 5 1/2 months. I haven't been 100% on plan, either. If I'd have managed that, I'm sure my loss would be greater. The thing I really like about Medifast -- I've been on every weight loss plan under the sun, and for me, this is the only time I've not had to fight cravings every step of the way.

Hope this helps a bit.
Wow that's a great loss in my book!! Way to go!! I'm about the same age and have tyroid issues so I do need to pay attention to the soy because as Jeanies said it's not good for the thyroid.
Do you use any of the wonderslim products? I've been reading how much tastier they are but very similar to MF. I'll have to see if they are not so soy based.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I do it on my own using mymedifast.com forums for support. It is a lot easier than calorie counting.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 288.2/225/160

I haven't tried Wonderslim. MF works for me, and I'm afraid to tinker with it. If you do try Wonderslim, please let us know what you think.
wannablean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:56 PM   #10  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Compare the ingredients and nutrition breakdown on the labels. That way you can see what the differences are between the two products.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote